- - - - -

How Do You Like Needles?

• Please log in to reply

9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Doct.Giggles_*

Guest_Doct.Giggles_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2005 - 01:42 AM

I am tired of having to go to the doctor because I am always sick and need to go, even if it is for a blood draw, or just a check-up. I am always there. I am trying to save my parents money and I just had to go to the cardiologists (sorry if it is not spelled right) and it costed a fortune. All they had to do was put wires on my chest and look at my hreat on paper. I just feel bad always asking for money weather it is the doctors or being a teenager and wanting money for the mall, school functions, or just being a teen. :( I just feel really bad. :( Any suggestion? I could use some tips!!

-Tiffany

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Guest_LenaS_*

Guest_LenaS_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2005 - 10:31 PM

Hi Tiffany,

I know how you feel! I have Neurologist check-ups about every six months and it generally results in a need for an EEG. There goes another $600AU :blink: . My Parents don't seem to mind. I have an allowance of $20AU a week (to buy bus ticket; whatever is left over is mine). I don't generally ask for anymore money but Mum can tell if I need some! I do work for as a JRA at the local university a couple of times a week ($5AU an hour) and I've applied for a job at our local supermarket so I feel as if I'm not asking for money (or feeling guilty when I spend it). I also find if I make dinner a couple of nights a week, and do a little extra help around the house during the week they don't mind paying for school trips etc.

Hope that helped a little :)

#3 MySuicidalTurtle

MySuicidalTurtle

"Like a rolling stone?"

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 09:47 AM

Until you are older your parents are the ones responsible for your health. You wouldn't be going to the doctor if you didn't have to, so don't worry. If you don't like asking for money get a part time job and earn your own spending money. If you don't want to do that then just do things to make them proud like getting good grades, picking up around the house, and keeping things clean.

#4 Guest_Doct.Giggles_*

Guest_Doct.Giggles_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2005 - 12:56 PM

I would get a job but I am only 13 and nobody will hire a 13 year old. Plus my parents would not allow it!

Tiffany

#5 Carriefaith

Carriefaith

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 03:55 PM

I babysat when I was 13 to make money. Some fast food joints will hire 13 year olds around here, but it is rare.
Carrie Faith

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease in March 2004
Postitive tTg Blood Test, December 2003
Positive Biopsy, March 3, 2004

#6 celiac3270

celiac3270

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 04:47 PM

I babysat when I was 13 to make money. Some fast food joints will hire 13 year olds around here, but it is rare.

That's what I do...I'm babysitting two nights this week and one next week... it adds up :)

#7 Teku

Teku

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 05:14 PM

I do not like needles at all. I hate :angry: needles
Ben

#8 ruddabega

ruddabega

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 10:22 PM

I have had numberous doctors appointments my whole life. I average two visits with various doctors per week. Luckilly, we have insurance, but the copays are expensive.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm too sick to work and make money to pay for the doctors' stuff. It's one of those horrible situations! All I know is that if you need to see a doctor, you go and see one. Don't feel badly about it. Health is soooo important.

I am finally going to an acupuncturist... which is big bucks. I have allowed my family to invest though because I think it will help. Then later, when I'm rich and famous (just kidding) I'll be able to pay them back.

I am going to help my mom out when she is older and I have a job, and she's helping me out right now. It will be a fair-ish trade eventually... So that's how I sleep at night.

I hate needles too... I have horror stories from my first blood draws! But I'm fine now... practice makes perfect.

Okay, sorry to ramble.
Camila

Dixon, California (near Sacramento)
18 years old
Diagnosed by blood and biopsy Nov. 2004
gluten-free since Nov. 2004
continual digestive problems
Crohn's disease diagnosed 1/8/06

#9 melly

melly

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 07:50 PM

just got tetnus booster shot today it hurt i didnt scream though but i got it early in the day like before three oclock but it still kinda hurts atleat i can stop being nervois till my next shot or filling lol :lol: which actualy wont be that long away :(

#10 elonwy

elonwy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 09:02 PM

Being a teenager sucks, and being a sick one even worse.
It gets better, I swear. Don't feel bad or guilty for being sick. It's not your fault. And kids exist for parents to spend money on. It's just life.
It all comes round in the end, because after a while when you're older you'll start helping them out and it all goes round full circle.
I agree with the help out around the house comments, that always made me feel better when I was a teenager, like I was contributing.
Be strong, and be happy.
Elonwy
Positive Bloodwork 7/8/05
Inconclusive Biopsy 7/20/05
gluten-free since 7/23/05
Never felt better.

"So here's us, on the raggedy edge, come a day when there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all. - Malcolm Reynolds"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: