This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Vitamins

anniej55

anniej55 Apprentice

Hi,

I'm supposed to be taking a multivitamin and calcium (also am taking prescription vit D of 50,000 3X a week). But I'm confused on what is OK and what isn't ... anyone have a brand name that I can buy? I heard Centrum, but label said it might have "maltodextrin" in it. I've been gluten-free for 2 weeks ... and was feeling so much better, but headache today. Maybe pollen, although that usually doesn't bother me.

Ann

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

Some people on here take Centrum and alot of theirs are gluten free..maybe people on here that use that brand can help you out with that.

I use Liquid Vitamins Plus by Utrition and love them.

VydorScope Proficient

I take a Centurm with lycopene daily and have and not reactions to it. I was told that all Centrum are gluten-free expect thier silver line. I should note that Its unclear if Im celiac disease or not so take my experence as hersay I guess. :D

I did how ever have a reaction to the Bayer Fergon Iron pills, and after checking Bayer's page they calim that they basicly have no clue if there is gluten in it or not.

How ever, I plan to check out that liquid vitiman that was suggested above. Wanna save me some google work and post a good link on it ?:D

Guest Eloisa

I take Reliv since Celiac have problems absorbing pill form vitamins. Both children, infants and adults can take these. They are gluten-free free and help heal damage to intestine.

VydorScope Proficient

Found the Centrum info...

Open Original Shared Link

The first list is for diabetics, the second is for gluten.

anniej55 Apprentice

Hi all,

Thanks for the advice. Where do you get the liquid vitamins? Are they really liquid, or gel caps? And how much money are we talking here? My vitamin D is a green gel cap ... will that be absorbed easier then the pills?

Ann

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

The Liquid Vitamins Plus say Ultra Absorbable right on the front. They are pineapple flavored and yes it is all liquid. I like liquid because of the way it is absorbed.

They also sell other liquid products....I use a different brand of liquid calcium and try to use liquid when I can.

You can get it at health food stores or the vitamin shoppe....here are some places that sell them:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

VydorScope Proficient
The Liquid Vitamins Plus say Ultra Absorbable right on the front. They are pineapple flavored and yes it is all liquid. I like liquid because of the way it is absorbed.

They also sell other liquid products....I use a different brand of liquid calcium and try to use liquid when I can.

You can get it at health food stores or the vitamin shoppe....here are some places that sell them:

On this site I think it was the cheapest...it also tells you how much of each vitamin and mineral is in it

Acording to that Vitafly site, theres no Iron in it? Not gonna work for me then :(

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

Yeah it may not work for some people but I would look into Liquid Vitamins...there are many brands out there that do have that. I take a separate supplement for that but it would be better if it was all combined.

P.S-you may want to look into more of the products they make...they make a variety of things and one may suit your needs better. Just do a google such on Utrition products.

anniej55 Apprentice

Hi Kaita,

I found Utrition at CVS (at least it says they have it online - I'll have to check on way home). BUT - what does it taste like and how much a day would I have to take? I'm not so good with taking stuff - should have seen me with the prep for the CAT scan. Just a big baby. Can you mix the vitamins with something else if the taste bothers me?

Something is bothering my stomach today ... thnking it must be the one-a-day I took yesterday. I went to pharmacy (not cvs) and asked about gluten free vitamins and got a 10 minute lecture on Lorraine Day and her products and living under the "word". I just want vitamins!!!!

Ann

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

The ones I have are flavored pineapple. I can't tolerate gross tasting things and I can drink this plain. You can mix it with orange juice or something else though :D

On the bottle these vitamins say gluten free too :D

Carriefaith Enthusiast

Jamieson Mega Cal Calcium Magnesium and Jamieson Vitamin D are gluten free. It says gluten free right on the label.

frenchiemama Collaborator

I buy my vitamins at GNC, because they are all labelled gluten-free and it just makes me feel better.

anniej55 Apprentice

Thanks everyone. I actually just came back from buying Centrum ... and I picked up some vitamin C, too. I'm feeling very tired and weak today ... but I think it's from whatever I ate that wasn't gluten-free. And I was feeling so back to normal this past Monday ....

You guys are the best, for sure. I don't buy a single thing without checking this site, it's links, etc first. :)

celiac3270 Collaborator
Found the Centrum info...

The first list is for diabetics, the second is for gluten.

Vincent,

You have the UK site, so that doesn't apply to the US...but your statement was correct about Centrum products in the USA.

anniej55 Apprentice

so is it ok to take the centrum?

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

This is for the US that was posted by VydorScope

I was told that all Centrum are gluten-free expect thier silver line.
VydorScope Proficient
Vincent,

You have the UK site, so that doesn't apply to the US...but your statement was correct about Centrum products in the USA.

OPS Sorry... but they are safe :D Teach me to post with out cafine by my side!!! :o

celiac3270 Collaborator

LOL, it's fine...in this case, Centrum is gluten-free with that one exception, anyway :lol:

Archived