This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Help Reading Test Results

PsyDbound

PsyDbound Newbie

I reposted my results and the ranges below

OK all, I got my labs back from the doc that told me I won't have symptoms until I am 40. I cant figure out what they mean, so here they are.

celiac disease AB Panel, IGA IgA 352

celiac disease panel AB panel,IGA(tTG) Ab, Iga <3

Giladin Ab IgA 37 H

IgA 309

I am hoping to find out which ones are out of range and what they each mean.

Thanks for any help,

Christina

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

julie5914 Contributor

Hey there, I think only your Gliadin IgA is high (that's what the H means). Normal is less than 25. What your doctor said was strange though - if you have Celiac, you are doing damage to your small intestine whether you have Celiac or not. He did not do a full panel with very specific results. You would need the Edomysl or the TTG test for a more accurate reading to determine Celiac, and endoscopy is still the gold standard for diagnosis. My blood results were all high - 25 is the max for the IGG and IGA. The Edomysl says positive for Celiac, which makes it very likely that I have it, but I still have to wait for the endoscopy.

Here are my results:

- Gliadin IGG 106.3

- Gliadin IGA 61.2

- Edomysl IGA positive

Why did your doc do a Celiac panel? If you are having digestive trouble, you may want to go to a gastroenterolist who is more knowlegeable in Celiac. If not, you might want to ask for the more specific blood tests to rule it out.

tarnalberry Community Regular

You need to call the lab to get their reference ranges. The tests are not identical in all labs, and you need to get the reference range for the processing that your lab used.

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

Some of your results look very high. I agree with Tiffany, you need to call the lab and get the reference ranges. Different labs vary on the normal ranges.

PsyDbound Newbie

I didn't realize that the labs differ so much. I added the ranges.

celiac disease AB Panel, IGA IgA 352

(81-463mg/dL is in reference range)

celiac disease panel AB panel,IGA(tTG) Ab, Iga <3

(<5 is negative, 5-8 is equivocal, >8 is positive)

Giladin Ab IgA 37 H

(<11 is negative, 11-17 is equivocal,>17 is positive)

IgA 309

(81-463 mg/dL is in reference range)

I understand that the giladin is high but what does that mean and should I have more tests?

julie5914 Contributor

Hmm, you will have to ask your doctor (or maybe someone here knows) about that. You did get the tTG test, which is very specific and sensitive, and that was negative, meaning you probably do not have Celiac. Perhaps the high IGA means a gluten sensitivity that is not Celiac. Really don't know here, though..

Archived