This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Any Gluten-Free Bisquick Mix Sightings?

MindytheOrganist

jackay Enthusiast

I haven't found it yet. Please, PLEASE, tell me it dosen't have soy or dairy in it. PLEASE :):(

Contains: Rice flour, Sugar, Leavening (baking soda, sodium, aluminum phospate, monocalcium phospate), Modified Potato Starch, Salt, Xanthan Gum. Below the ingredients it states: MAY CONTAIN SOY INGREDIENTS.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jackay Enthusiast

At $3.84 a box (Wal-Mart) I think it's rather expensive considering the cheap ingredients in it. I did buy some but have not tried it yet.

It is $4.19 at the local Wal-Mart. Guess their prices must vary per location. Anyway, I was surprised to find it that as they do not carry the Betty Crocker Gluten free cookie, brownie and cake mixes.

StephanieGF Rookie

Contains: Rice flour, Sugar, Leavening (baking soda, sodium, aluminum phospate, monocalcium phospate), Modified Potato Starch, Salt, Xanthan Gum. Below the ingredients it states: MAY CONTAIN SOY INGREDIENTS.

Thanks for posting this!

I am wondering what the nutritional info looks like, I can help but be concerned that they have both sodium and salt listed. :blink:

ptkds Community Regular

I found it at Krogers in Angleton, Tx, and College Station, Tx.!! I personally haven't used it yet, but my mother-in-law used it to make pancakes and they tasted WONDERFUL!! I plan to try out some of the recipes that are on the box!

Branny Newbie

OK But has anyone tried it yet for texture and taste? WalMart is online, so I know anyone can order it from there!

Silly Yak Pete Rookie

Good point? How does it taste? Anybody found it in long Island NY yet.

sa1937 Community Regular

I've only tried the pancakes using the new gluten free Bisquick. Delish! I found it in my local Wal-Mart in Waynesboro, PA.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

sunnybabi1986 Contributor

I made chicken and dumplings the other day (this recipe: Open Original Shared Link) and OMG did they turn out good!! Light and fluffy dumplings, perfect comfort dinner anytime. I'm positive that no one would have been able to tell it was gluten free!

The bag that the mix is in (inside the box) is tiny and from what I've heard, you can really only make 2 recipes from a box of the Bisquick. Makes for a pretty expensive meal, I may try to replicate it myself...I have all the ingredients in my fridge anyway :) We'll see. It sure is convenient, though!

BethJ Rookie

This ain't your mama's Bisquick! In fact, it doesn't resemble the original Bisquick at all. Nor does it have any shortening in it. Every recipe on the box calls for eggs. The main ingredients are rice flour, sugar, leavening, modified potato starch, salt and xanthan gum.

At $3.84 a box (Wal-Mart) I think it's rather expensive considering the cheap ingredients in it. I did buy some but have not tried it yet.

I finally found it today at Publix - $4.19 - and was so excited to bring it home. I knew it wouldn't be exactly like regular Bisquick but I was very disappointed to see shortening isn't even included. We might as well use any of the other gluten-free baking mixes out there if we have to add our own eggs and shortening. I wanted dumplings and there isn't even a dumpling recipe on the box. :rolleyes:

sunnybabi1986 Contributor

I finally found it today at Publix - $4.19 - and was so excited to bring it home. I knew it wouldn't be exactly like regular Bisquick but I was very disappointed to see shortening isn't even included. We might as well use any of the other gluten-free baking mixes out there if we have to add our own eggs and shortening. I wanted dumplings and there isn't even a dumpling recipe on the box. :rolleyes:

Hi Beth, you can find many of Bisquick's Gluten free recipes here: Open Original Shared Link

And you can find all of Betty Crocker's Gluten free recipes here: Open Original Shared Link

Dixiebell Contributor

I found it today at kennesaw, GA Walmart for $3.92. Also found gluten-free Hamburger Helper Cheesy Hashbrowns for $1.50

BethJ Rookie

Hi Beth, you can find many of Bisquick's Gluten free recipes here: Open Original Shared Link

And you can find all of Betty Crocker's Gluten free recipes here: Open Original Shared Link

Thank you! For some reason, I kept getting stuck at the regular Bisquick recipe sites. I found the dumping recipe with the Chicken & Dumplings recipe. I can't wait to try it.

Ginsou Explorer

I found gluten free Bisquick and King Arthur gluten free multi-purpose flour at King Sooper (Kroger) in Monument, CO. A bit pricy, but I want to try both products, and did not want to pay shipping for King Arthur. Would like to try Bisquick strawberry shortcakes first....will save the bread mix for when I get to a lower altitude.

celiac-mommy Collaborator

I found it at Kroger's, thought we'd try it. Made biscuits, they were super tasty but at over 4$ a box and it made 9 biscuits-not such a good deal, but good to try ;)

jerseyangel Proficient

I found it at Wegman's last weekend. It was around $4.79--haven't tried it yet.

Aphreal Contributor

I bought it at HEB in Houston Texas.

• 2 months later...
ljgs Explorer

Found mine at Wegman's in NJ the other day.

Charlie's Girl Apprentice

They have it at several Target's in and around Los Angeles. Haven't tried it tho'. It was in the $4.00 range for a small box.

GFreeMO Proficient

I made pizza crust out of it. It was my first pizza in 2 years!!! It was delicious! The recipe is on the side of the box! I have also made the apple pie! It was great! Wonderful product!

halfrunner Apprentice

I couldn't buy it even if I was willing to pay $4.00 per box. It hasn't shown up anywhere near me. Anyway, here is the link to my version of the gluten-free bisquick thread. Use the regular recipes, not the gluten-free ones, as this version behaves just like the real bisquick and has the butter/shortening in it.

Archived