This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Finally Found gluten-free Bisquick

TrillumHunter

TrillumHunter Enthusiast

and the recipe site is down!!! I never used this too often before gluten-free, but I do remember a super quick coffee cake my kids loved.

Does anyone have it handy? I'm really impatient today!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

and the recipe site is down!!! I never used this too often before gluten-free, but I do remember a super quick coffee cake my kids loved.

Does anyone have it handy? I'm really impatient today!

How 'bout this--

Open Original Shared Link

Can I please ask you--does it contain tapioca? I don't want to get too excited until I know :D

GlutenFreeManna Rising Star

Try this: Open Original Shared Link

I'm also going to ask about the ingredients. Does it have soy?

I'm so eager to find this and make some biscuits with it. I don't miss bread, but I miss biscuits for some reason. Don't want to get my hopes up though if it has soy.

Kim27 Contributor

WHERE did you find it???

TrillumHunter Enthusiast

Ingredients: rice flour, sugar, leavening (baking soda, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium phosphate), modified potato starch, salt, xanthan gum

Per 1/3 cup

calories 140

total fat .5

sodium 340 mg

total carb 31 g

protein 2 g

It's made in a gluten-free facility. It DOES say may contain soy.

I bought it in Walmart in east TN.

We are having biscuits and gravy for dinner. :D

Roda Rising Star

Lucky you. Our Walmart here about 70 miles away from you does not stock much gluten free stuff. The only thing they have is the brownie mix. Food Lion carried all the Betty Crocker mixes here so I will have to check this week. Food City does not carry the Betty Crocker mixes either. I may check at Ingalls again. I'm just to lazy to drive to JC or Knoxville to get specific things.

jerseyangel Proficient

Ingredients: rice flour, sugar, leavening (baking soda, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium phosphate), modified potato starch, salt, xanthan gum

Woo-hoo!! Thanks :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Kim27 Contributor

I FINALLY FOUND IT!!! I AM SOOO EXCITED!!! Found in WalMart in Lexington, KY

Roda Rising Star

Man, your Walmarts are better than mine. :lol: Ours don't have it and I doubt it will. Checked Food Lion and nope, but they still had the cookies and cake mixes marked down to $1.88. I don't need any since I bought some last week. I would really like to make the sausage balls with this mix that I remember making with the original mix. Oh well.

modiddly16 Enthusiast

I found it at Lowes Foods in Pawleys Island, SC

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Was it a Betty Crocker product?

Kim27 Contributor

I definitely think it's a Betty Crocker product. When you look up Bisquick recipes online, it goes to the Betty Crocker website. They have a great amount of gluten-free recipes on there!

sa1937 Community Regular

It is a Betty Crocker product. I found it last week at Wal-Mart in Waynesboro, PA. I really had to search for it as it was buried on the bottom shelf next to the reduced fat Bisquick. Very minimal shelf space was devoted to it and it was almost sold out. A 16 oz. box was $3.84, which seems rather expensive considering the inexpensive ingredients. It is made in Canada in a gluten-free facility.

Neither this Wal-Mart or the one in Chambersburg, PA have much of anything marked gluten free so I was happy to be able to find it there. I never used that much Bisquick in the past but I'm anxious to try the gluten free version now that my choices are so much more limited after going gluten free.

sa1937 Community Regular

It DOES say may contain soy.

We are having biscuits and gravy for dinner. biggrin.gif

I wonder if the soy is a CYA statement???

How did your biscuits turn out?

larry mac Enthusiast

"Ingredients: rice flour, sugar, leavening (baking soda, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium phosphate), modified potato starch, salt, xanthan gum"

(from a post above)

Isn't it interesting that this product has very little starch. It's mostly flour.

best regards, lm

lcbannon Apprentice

Hi, Found it and bought at our local Wally World, came right home and mixed up Garlic Cheese Biscuits..

1 cup gluten-free Bisquick

1 egg

2 T Cut up butter

about 1/2 cup Almond Milk- Start with about 1/3 and go up as needed.

1/2 cup to 3/4 cup grated Sharp Chedder Cheese.. (I only used 1/2 and they could have stood more.)

Mix, drop onto parchment paper and bake about 15-20 minutes at 450 or till done.

Butter and Garlic salt ( notice SALT not powder- gives better flavor) to brush on top AFTER Baking

They were YUMMY- made me very happy...

mbrookes Community Regular

I foud it at Kroger, right along side the regular Bisquick.

I haven't tried it yet, but I did notice that the biscuit recipe called for adding shortening, which the original does not. To me, that says you may not be able to use all the old Bisquick recipes without modification.

Any one used it yet?

jerseyangel Proficient

Hi, Found it and bought at our local Wally World, came right home and mixed up Garlic Cheese Biscuits..

1 cup gluten-free Bisquick

1 egg

2 T Cut up butter

about 1/2 cup Almond Milk- Start with about 1/3 and go up as needed.

1/2 cup to 3/4 cup grated Sharp Chedder Cheese.. (I only used 1/2 and they could have stood more.)

Mix, drop onto parchment paper and bake about 15-20 minutes at 450 or till done.

Butter and Garlic salt ( notice SALT not powder- gives better flavor) to brush on top AFTER Baking

They were YUMMY- made me very happy...

Those sound delicious! I'll have to try your recipe when I can get my hands on a box. :)

Kim27 Contributor

I foud it at Kroger, right along side the regular Bisquick.

I haven't tried it yet, but I did notice that the biscuit recipe called for adding shortening, which the original does not. To me, that says you may not be able to use all the old Bisquick recipes without modification.

Any one used it yet?

I was looking at recipes online for it the other day and it specifically stated that you cannot just substitute it into the old recipes. It won't work out right due to it being completely different ingredients. They have many recipes listed for just the gluten-free Bisquick!

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Well I've been looking in Wildomar CA around Temecula and Murrieta

Our Ralph's carries the other Betty Crocker mixes but manager didn't of this product so ask him to order.

Any one out there in my area that's found it?

Haven't been to Walmart yet.

Judy in CA

• 2 weeks later...
Kim27 Contributor

Since finding the gluten-free bisquick, I have made pancakes twice and biscuits. Both are sooo YUMMY!!! I can't wait to try that strawberry shortcake recipe, it looks soo good!

AprilRain1967 Newbie

Oh poo! Why does EVERYTHING gluten-free have to have potato starch in it? Heck, even all the recipies I've found for baked goods call for potato flour or starch. I can't eat potato, it makes me sicker than the gluten does! :(

• 2 months later...
Curious George Newbie

Some Walmart's have it, some don't. It's hit or miss. When you see it buy a bunch. We have used it and it is very good. You won't be missing a thing by not being able to use regular Bisquick.

brendygirl Community Regular

Been looking for it-- the search for stores on the website isn't accurate. I live in VA and found it at Harris-Teeter. I was SO ecstatic, since I ate them at the celiac conference last May and I know they are really delicious! I don't normally use crisco, but: I. Don't. Care. I want fresh outta the oven, never-frozen, quick and easy, blast-from-the-past loveliness and I just got back from the gym, so no guilt!

Loey Rising Star

Per 1/3 cup

calories 140

total fat .5

sodium 340 mg

total carb 31 g

protein 2 g

It's made in a gluten-free facility. It DOES say may contain soy.

I hope my Walmart carries it but the soy part scares me as I'm new to Celiac, super sensitive and currently doing the elimination diet. Will hold off until I see if I can eat soy. I'll just have to enjoy your biscuits and gravy through the forum. Please describe how yummy the are in detail!!!!

Loey

Archived