Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Scones From An All Purpose Mix

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

I would like to make scones, but I'm not much of a baker. Does anyone have an great recipes for scones utilizing an all purpose flour such as Bob's Red Mill? I'd love to mix fruit into them.

Thanks!!

Ads by Google:

Anyone???

Hi,

I would like to make scones, but I'm not much of a baker. Does anyone have an great recipes for scones utilizing an all purpose flour such as Bob's Red Mill? I'd love to mix fruit into them.

Thanks!!

I didn't answer because I'm with YOU, I want a good scone recipe!! I had the most amazing gluten free scone the other day and then I saw your post on the same day! So I was waiting around hoping someone would post a recipe :)

Well, I'll experiment and see what I come up with....wish me luck! If it turns out I

ll message the recipe!

I didn't answer because I'm with YOU, I want a good scone recipe!! I had the most amazing gluten free scone the other day and then I saw your post on the same day! So I was waiting around hoping someone would post a recipe :)

OKay! sounds great. I would like to try to experiment too, but it's too hot right now to turn on my oven. But maybe when it cools off, I can try it!

Me too! I tried Gluten Free Pantry brand scone and muffin mix to make some cranberry scones and they were terrible! The texture was all wrong, they fell apart easily and they were chalky/gritty tasting. So I was hoping someone would answer your question with a good recipe or mix.

There is a great scone recipe in "gluten-free Quick and Easy" by Carol Fenster.