This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Maybe Dating Not Such A Good Idea

jasonD2

jasonD2 Experienced

I just met a girl i really wanna date- for the past several months i have been feeling pretty good despite my usual GI issues. I kinda put all the tests and stuff on hold but the reality is i need to go back for follow up tests soon and am dreading the findings. Its been so nice just living and not focusing on all this BS. Ive also been reintroducing foods i cut out for a few months. Last winter was hell for me with all the tests and illness and im really enjoying the summer.

Anyway I fear that I will once again need to go back on a super strict diet and get back on medication and will consequently slip back into the winter funk. If I do it will really affect me psychologically and I wont want to be in a relationship and fear I will sabotage it. I have to retest for parasites and if i still have them I will need to go back on medication and just cant get into this crap with this girl.

Should I maybe just blow off doctors and testing and just continue to live the way i have been living and enjoy the relationship? I just know if i start messing around with all that nonsense again im going to take a dive back into that dark hole

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

burdee Enthusiast

Anyway I fear that I will once again need to go back on a super strict diet and get back on medication and will consequently slip back into the winter funk. If I do it will really affect me psychologically and I wont want to be in a relationship and fear I will sabotage it. I have to retest for parasites and if i still have them I will need to go back on medication and just cant get into this crap with this girl.

Should I maybe just blow off doctors and testing and just continue to live the way i have been living and enjoy the relationship? I just know if i start messing around with all that nonsense again im going to take a dive back into that dark hole

I can sooo relate to wanting to just live a normal life and not worry so much about what I eat (or how my body will digest it) other than my diagnosed allergens. I also fear I may still have a parasite (dientamoeba fragilis) and may have to endure another course of drugs with painful side effects. I've been through 4 years of gut infections and painful treatments. Enough already!

I'm doing soooo much better after several weeks of taking those high dose Custom probiotics you recommended. I just resumed taking HCl supplements with meals, after I finally killed the H. Pylori critters and healed my stomach enough to tolerate HCl. Fortunately my Heidelberg capsule test results told me I only need 2-3 capsules at most for even my largest meal and only 1 for smaller meals. I want to believe that I'm DONE with all those horrible gut bug infections. I want to believe that the probiotics will crowd out any pathogenic bugs.

However, I have this nagging lower right quadrant cramping pain, which is soooo similar to what I had before the d-frag diagnosis. SIGH I probably should do a followup stool test ... Shall we start a club for procrastinators, optimists and dreamers who want to believe they can be well after years of chronic gut bug infections?? LOL

SUE

skigirlchar Newbie

if you always let the potential rule how you live now, you will be very bored and lonely.

if you really like her, ask her out. if she is the right girl she will stick w/ you no matter what - if not then it doesn't matter if you are healthy or sick.

Skylark Collaborator

I was thinking the same thing. It almost sounds like you have a script worked out in your head. Stop thinking so much, enjoy her company, and do what you need to take care of yourself.

Besides, maybe this time your tests will come out better since you're feeling OK.

mushroom Proficient

Jason, the glass is half-full, not half-empty. Take the positives and go with them; if any negatives come along, then deal with them then. You can't live a life worrying about the maybes; deal with the "what is" from moment to moment, while living prudently. It just takes a mind shift to get to that place.

If you were a woman you would never ever have sex because maybe you would get pregnant :lol:

Archived