Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Cysts Went Away!

9 posts in this topic

I self-diagnosed gluten intolerance a year ago and went to a gluten-free diet. Gradually, all kinds of small irritations I had had but not connected to gluten went away. For years I had breast cysts and was getting an ultrasound every summer. Time came for this one. Guess what? No cysts! 13 months into going gluten-free I now have one thing which changed that is provable by lab report. This was not even something that I thought was related, but it must be one of those systemic inflammation things. Anyone else have such an experience?

Ads by Google:

I self-diagnosed gluten intolerance a year ago and went to a gluten-free diet. Gradually, all kinds of small irritations I had had but not connected to gluten went away. For years I had breast cysts and was getting an ultrasound every summer. Time came for this one. Guess what? No cysts! 13 months into going gluten-free I now have one thing which changed that is provable by lab report. This was not even something that I thought was related, but it must be one of those systemic inflammation things. Anyone else have such an experience?

Yes, most definitely.

I have had two lumps of tissue (I read that they are cysts) for about 25 years (about the same time as I was experiencing all these problems). They are now shrinking a lot. I expect them to go away within the year, I hope.

Inflammation can very systemic!!

Good for you-- isn't it great to see good things happening in your body for a change?

oh THAT is such ENCOURAGING news!!!! ive had fibrocystic issues off & on.. but really bad this past year- my ultrasounds were horrific... ive only been 100% gluten-free for 3 weeks now... i hope to have mine disappear too !!

I've had cyst problems for a year or so (got them ultrasounded and everything). They've gone away since I went gluten-free. I had no idea it could be related!

I really noticed mine shrinking after I'd been gluten-free about nine or ten months (the first few months I kept discovering new things that had gluten in them). Keep up that diet! Hope they go away for you as well!

Okay, don't want to rain on anyone's wonderful cyst-free happiness parade but, I had terrible fibrocystic breasts ALL of my life. They finally are not bothering me after being gluten-free for over 3 years. Just wanted to add that so people who may have been sick for a long time, prior to diagnosis would not get discouraged when they aren't "cured" quickly.

Okay, don't want to rain on anyone's wonderful cyst-free happiness parade but, I had terrible fibrocystic breasts ALL of my life. They finally are not bothering me after being gluten-free for over 3 years. Just wanted to add that so people who may have been sick for a long time, prior to diagnosis would not get discouraged when they aren't "cured" quickly.

I was always getting called back for extra mammo films and ultrasounds, had four neg. biopsies; since gluten free 1 year have had no further callbacks.

I had not realised their was a connection, not having cysts for a few years since free of gluten after having needle biopsies. Woopee B)