Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Harry Potter Wizarding World In Orlando - Is Anything Gluten-Free? Butterbeer?

• Please log in to reply

5 replies to this topic

#1 kitdoor

kitdoor

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 03:00 PM

Hi!

With the new Wizarding World come new restaurants, new food items at the "wizarding" stores, and brand new "wizarding" treats like butterbeer. Unfortunately, I haven't had any luck at all finding out if any of that stuff is gluten-free. If some of you know, please share the info? :)

--Kit

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 CHARBEEGOOD

CHARBEEGOOD

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 06:47 PM

Hi!

With the new Wizarding World come new restaurants, new food items at the "wizarding" stores, and brand new "wizarding" treats like butterbeer. Unfortunately, I haven't had any luck at all finding out if any of that stuff is gluten-free. If some of you know, please share the info? :)

--Kit

Good Question! Butter Beer is non-alcoholic which is a bonus and it comes 2 ways frozen and non. I know that pumpkin juice tastes good. (I haven't yet drank a whole one only sips) The ingredients are: water, apple juice concentrate, pumpkin puree, apricot puree, sugar, natural and artificial flavors, citric acid, acesulfame potassium, sodium benzoate.

Have you sent an them an email. All theme parks have an email "contact" us on their websites. They are typically very good about getting back to individuals in a timely fashion regarding their questions.

Keep us posted if you hear anything.
Char
Char

#3 CHARBEEGOOD

CHARBEEGOOD

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 04:28 PM

I just heard Butter Beer is gluten-free, however if you are lactose intolerant the "foam" on top has lactose in it.

Char
Char

#4 spikers

spikers

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 05:59 PM

Butterbeer is gluten free by ingredient, but cross-contamination is very possible. The topping is made where flour is used "extremely heavily" according to on duty manager. After serving my son who has celiac one without topping, which was great, we were then told this was a mistake and that due to contract obligations it could not be served without the topping. When asked if we could have topping on the side we were also told no. We spoke to everyone in the park we could including the food services manager and were told the same thing. Its a shame a kid with such a limited diet already should be denied this over something so petty. This most certainly wont be the last they here of it though.

#5 msmini14

msmini14

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 08:56 AM

:) Oh you are soooo lucky you get to go there, lol I wish I could. Tell us about your trip when you get back, would love to know how it went.

Gluten Free going on 5 years and counting!

gluten-free is a life change and not a diet.

#6 brittanymaine

brittanymaine

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:56 PM

I just got home from Universal ! I drank a few butterbeers, didn't know if they were gluten free or not, but i didnt get sick so im happy!

here are some restaurants located at universal that have gluten free options!

Hard Rock Cafe- don't have a gluten free menu but the managers know what to serve. They have corn tortilas for fajita's, and you have to ask them to cook the fajita mixture in a different skillet, but they know what to do if you tell them you have celiac they are very good there.

Margaritaville- Have a full gluten free menu, and they also have a dedicated fryer to cook french fries in. I had the chicken sandwich with fries it was absolutely amazing! I wasn't expecting the bun to be very good but to my surprise it was delicious i want to go back there right now!

Mytho's restaurant- have a gluten free menu, pad thai it was really good, they also have a gluten free brownie dessert i didn't get to try because i was too full!

Pastamoré Ristorante & Market- did not eat here, but checked out their menu and they have gluten free pasta.

NASCAR sports grill- have a gluten free menu, lots of steak and seafood.

If you are staying in the Orlando area I HIGHLY SUGGEST you check out Uno Chicago Bar and Grill. they have THE BEST and i mean THE BEST gluten free pizza i have ever had in my entire life. It is actually amazing I can't even stress it enough you have to go! They have a full gluten free menu aswell with other options, the ceasar salad is amazing there too. my best friend that came with me to florida tried the pizza as well and said he would eat this even though he doesn't have to and it's the best gluten free pizza he has had. i'm from ontario canada and i can tell you that it tops boston pizza and pizza pizza times a billion.

If you are going to Disney or to eat there I suggest Planet Hollywood. The chef came out and talked to me and told me what I could eat. The burgers are gluten free and they also have gluten free buns. He also said they have a dedicated fryer but i ended up getting mashed potatoes. The bun was a bit dry and crumbly but it was still good.

Olive Garden- Gluten free pasta and salad. If you have eaten here before you probably know but if you have not please listen to this- on the menu, under salad it says ceasar and garden are both gluten free. When i went to order the caesear salad my waiter told me that the dressing is not gluten free. I then stated "why is it on here if it isn't gluten free" and he continued to tell me that when they list the salad they have no dressing on them. all it said was ceasar salad without croutons it did not say without dressing so be very careful about that.

Applebee's and Chili's both have a gluten free menu and were very good with understanding celiac. I am so impressed with how much the employees know about celiac and with the huge selection. I really want to go back just for the food! haha. It is rare you can go out and feel safe with what you are eating and actually get a nice meal. I really really suggest UNO's you will love it! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: