8 replies to this topic

#1 Simona19

Simona19

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 02:37 PM

Purely decadent made with coconut milk. It's dairy free, soy free, but I don't know if is gluten free.

On the company's webpage www.purelydecadent.com I found the statement that their icecream don't have any gluten. It's true?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 happygirl

happygirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,942 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:12 PM

Hopefully this info will help you make decisions for their products.... http://www.sodelicio.../allergies.html

Looks okay to me. And, they advertise in gluten free publications (this month's Living Without magazine).

#3 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:20 PM

Yes, I have had their coconut milk ice cream and it is wonderful! I have only tried the chocolate one but it was so yummy. The one I had said gluten free, soy free and dairy free on the pint though. Might want to contact the company and ask which flavors are gluten free.
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

#4 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,310 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:44 PM

Most are gluten-free. They even have a gluten-free cookie dough. They have a few with glutonous bownies or oreos.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#5 gary'sgirl

gary'sgirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:48 PM

I have bought their coconut milk ice cream several times in the past and loved it. Last week I was at the health food store and wanted to get some so I went to look at the flavors and they had several with cookies in it that were made from wheat (at first I was excited because I thought they had a gluten free cookies and cream - I almost didn't check the ingredient because all the ones I had in the past were gluten free). After I looked even closer at the packaging i realized that it didn't say gluten free any where on the carton, so I pick up another flavor and saw the same thing :unsure: . Non of the flavors said gluten free anymore and I wonder if they have two lines of coconut milk ice cream or if they just started using ingredients with gluten and decided to stop labeling the ice cream as gluten free.

I don't know, but I was kind of sad about it :( . I know that some of that brands products are certified gluten free.

#6 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 06:06 PM

Just because it doesn't say "gluten-free" doesn't mean it has gluten. With the legal definition of gluten-free under debate (still) in the USA, and with filing lawsuits being the new national pastime (anybody remember baseball?), a lot of companies are no longer putting gluten-free on the label, even though the product is, in fact, gluten-free. Sorry about the run-on sentence. ;)
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#7 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,310 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 06:13 PM

I have bought their coconut milk ice cream several times in the past and loved it. Last week I was at the health food store and wanted to get some so I went to look at the flavors and they had several with cookies in it that were made from wheat (at first I was excited because I thought they had a gluten free cookies and cream - I almost didn't check the ingredient because all the ones I had in the past were gluten free). After I looked even closer at the packaging i realized that it didn't say gluten free any where on the carton, so I pick up another flavor and saw the same thing :unsure: . Non of the flavors said gluten free anymore and I wonder if they have two lines of coconut milk ice cream or if they just started using ingredients with gluten and decided to stop labeling the ice cream as gluten free.

I don't know, but I was kind of sad about it :( . I know that some of that brands products are certified gluten free.

I did that same thing. I knew they had a gluten-free cookie dough so I grabbed the Oreo one. My 14 yr old son grabbed it and read the ingredients. He takes such good care of me. :)

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#8 CandyLady

CandyLady

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 07:33 AM

Many of Turtle Mountain's So Delicious and Purely Decadent dairy-free ice cream flavors are completely gluten free. The allergen table on the page happygirl posted (http://www.sodelicio.../allergies.html) indicates which flavors are gluten free, and which ones are not. So yes, the gluten-free flavors are not only safe to eat, but my goodness, they are incredibly delicious!

#9 Nor_TX

Nor_TX

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 10:00 AM

I buy their cookie dough ice-cream. It is gluten free, dairy free and parve. That means there is no dairy ingredients. That's a good thing to know. If it says Parve... it is casien and lactose free.

The cookie dough ice cream is delicious. It's the best gluten-free, dairy free ice cream I have had.
Gluten Intolerance, Colitis, IBS, Lactose and Casein Intolerance, Gastro-Paresis, GERD, Arthritis. Taking Remicade and Asacol, 2 Prilosec/day among other meds. Officially a senior citizen! New knee is doing well.. now about that other knee...

Food is in my dreams and in my nightmares!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: