This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

17 With The Body Of A 12 Year Old (Girls Only)

susieL.17

susieL.17 Newbie

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

dilettantesteph Collaborator

There are lots of girls and women in your place. Why do you think that they make padded bras? They even make silicone inserts to put in your bra. Then, of course there is the huge silicone implant industry. How many in Hollywood looked like they do before surgery? It can be hard to accept your body for what it is. Just remember that it could be a lot worse.

GlutenFreeManna Rising Star

Oh honey, everyone has something about their body they don't like. I had the opposite problem when I was your age. I have to wear a DDD cup. And it had little to do with my weight. I would have given anything to be small instead of big. Swimsuits didn't fit me and all the guys stared but they were too intimidated to ask me out. My husband likes my body, but he asked me out because of my character and common interests (seriously, there were plenty of other busty girls around that were total ditzes). Trust me, some day you will meet someone that sees who you are and loves you for your personality and also loves your body the way it is. Focus on the things you do like instead of worrying about what you don't. And I agree with the PP. They make padded bras for a reason. I can't make my bust look much smaller, but you can make yourself look bigger if you really want to.

missy'smom Collaborator

I'm a little embarassed to share this but I want to encourage you.

I'm 40 and I often wear a size 12 or 14 in girl's clothes. As much as I don't like the idea of that sometimes, the bright side of it is that clothes are much cheaper! When I go into my son's middle school I would say I'm somewhere in the middle size wise and his teachers kid me about being the size of an average middle schooler. I'm a little smaller now than I have been in the past, but this is much like what I was when I was younger. When I went off to college I gained 15 pounds and grew a little more and not just weight. I filled out a little more after college too so there's hope! I hear ya about bra's. No offense to anyone but, on the bright side...small busted women don't have problems with sagging at least or back aches... ;) You're still in the process of becoming. Give it some more time.

polarbearscooby Explorer

I'm 19 and often people think I'm 13. So it could be worse....

You'll fill out eventually...and I'm with Missy's Mom I'd rather be small than big,all the other women in my family are DD's and they have back ache's like done other! And those things get in the way!!

tarnalberry Community Regular

I used to be bigger (C cup), but I was also overweight. Through diet and exercise, I got down to a B which was FAR better (less bounce-induced pain, more clothes fitting properly). Now that I'm breastfeeding, they're more like D cups (well, they vary between B and D depending on how long since the little one last ate... :/). I cannot wait to go back to something smaller!

There are pluses and minuses for every body size/shape. The best (and only safe) thing you can do is learn to accept that your body is what it is, and it will function well for you, regardless of how "this or that" it is.

dilettantesteph Collaborator

Thank goodness for Cat Deeley, the host of "So You Think You Can Dance". It is nice to see a women with a smaller bust in the limelight. We come in all sizes.

I also got huge when I was nursing. It was nice to get a taste of that because it made me appreciate being smaller.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• 2 weeks later...
Kelly&Mom Rookie

How long since your diagnosis? My daughter, 14 was sooooo thin prior to her diagnosis from malabsorbtion (sp?) issues but now that she's gluten-free, she's putting on weight and starting to fill out some. Things do change after 17 for some people too. I put on an inch in height after high school! Hang in there :)

brendab Contributor

I've always been petite and being in high school I recall all of my friends being bigger than I was and I was teased by the boys because my "girls" were glorified bug bites :) 34AA I am nursing and I am a 36A.......maybe a loose B but when I finish breastfeeding I am back to a not quite full A. I found that when I was PG and at the beginning of nursing that the bigger "girls" were heavy and got in the way LOL It sounds silly but I couldn't sleep on them and once, I turned around abruptly next to a corner of a wall and they hit the wall and I about died with laughing because that had never happened before that day and never will again but they do get in the way LOL

• 1 year later...
Jessi Lou Newbie

I was in that same boat. My body developed very slowly, partially due to borderline anorexia, but now I wonder if it was a gluten thing too. Puberty seemed to have reversed itself for me. I didn't actually start my period until I was almost 18.

I'm still smaller, I just moved up to a B cup bra. I have almost no figure still, but I found someone who likes my body, and that has made a huge difference in my self-confidence.

You'll do fine. :)

• 3 weeks later...
PadmeMaster Apprentice

A lot of people have said it, but I'll say it again.. I'd SO trade with any small chested woman/teen! I wear a DD.. Currently it's >42inches (I just bought a cheapy bra, and it's too tight..) but it was DD when I was a 36in waist, too (I could have managed a 34 waist at the time). I'm sick of it! I have to wear a men's large (or a women's large/x-large, depending on style), while my brother who weighs 10 pounds more than me could wear a men's medium if he wanted.. I think that I look older because of it, too, although being babyfaced.. some people think I'm old enough to mother a 5 year old! (I'm 19, and imo, I'm not old enough to have mothered the 8mo currently with us..). Be thankful for a small chest!

Also, have you started your cycle? I started young (like 8) but I've heard of some (especially on here) not starting until late teens :)

Edit: Fixed a word

• 1 month later...
Booghead Contributor

I'm 17 and pretty normal compared to the other girls I guess. Maybe a little on the small side of a B. I love it. I am starting to lose weight since my diagnosis a week and a half ago. Hopefully my girls will go down. It's really funny to here a girl the same age as me wanting bigger breasts. The smaller the better in my opinion. Less need for a bra and I can wear cute little tank tops without a bra showing. Think on the bright size. None of the girls with DD's can pull that off. Like everyone else said: You will fluctuate, you will fill out more, and you will find someone that loves you for you and not for your breasts. And if you want someone that loves you for your breast there are plenty of guys out there that would take what they can get ;) . If I lose as much as I can I will probably have non-existent curves anywhere. (not that i'm fat, I'm normal but normal in America is not normal I suppose :P ) I could lose probably 10-15 which is all in my breasts and bottom so there go my curves. Good heavens you are probably a size 2, girl be happy for what you got! I bet you are perfectly pretty and 17 is far from being finished with puberty. You need some self confidence hun.

Good Luck!

• 3 weeks later...
MissHaberdasher Apprentice

Yep. I'm 22 and there are 10 year old girls out there with bigger boobs than me. People always will say "you're so lucky". This is so true, but I admit it, curves would be nice. However, you have to be comfortable with yourself. Many people wish they could look like you. Just try to accept that you're GORGEOUS because you're you. You don't have to worry about some of the health problems that come along with being overweight. Eat that 4 lb burger with pride, because you can.

Pick up belly dancing. Appreciate yourself. Empower yourself too, while you're at it. (I happen to loooove belly dancing. Power to the women!)

Also, you'll find that a lot of guys (or girls) really like us the way we are. :) It gets better, I promise! Just work on staying optimistic about it. We all have our down days.

It really helps me when I'm having a down day to look for the things that frustrate me. Bra shopping in the real world? ..... not unless I'm ready for dissapointment... So I have my favorites. BUT THERE'S HOPE.

Open Original Shared Link <- someday when I don't spend all of my money on fickle things, I'll get one of these.

AND IT GETS BETTER.

No more chicken-stick in a bucket type boots!

Open Original Shared Link

or

Open Original Shared Link <- sold by calf measurements. Also expensive.

Or if you're into different fashions, there's plenty :) check out urban outfitters if you have one nearby.

n10219741_38961556_9797.webp Here's me... Don't judge the facial expression!! Haha

• 5 months later...
JonsLoveBugg Newbie

Oh what I wouldn't give to be in your shoes! I'm a 34 DD I'm 5'10 and 125 lbs I'm very small everywhere but my chest. I was in probably 5th grade when I was in a B cup and a D cup by 10th grade and got teased by EVERYONE for "stuffing my bra " little did they know that was all natural. I now have a scoliosis which is a curvature of my spine which bring me back pain every single day. And my doctor has said a good amount of that is my "bustyness" if that makes sense.. Please don't be upset with your body! I'd kill to have people notice my face before my chest! I'd love for people to not make comments about that. I'd love to be able to go to the gym without 3 sports bras at one time to reduce "jumping pains" if you will. Trust me in the long run small chest will be better! Don't worry about what other people think! That was hard for me to realize but once you find somebody who appreciates everything about you including your body you will no longer be self conscious!!

Natalie

IrishHeart Veteran

Oh what I wouldn't give to be in your shoes! I'm a 34 DD I'm 5'10 and 125 lbs I'm very small everywhere but my chest. I was in probably 5th grade when I was in a B cup and a D cup by 10th grade and got teased by EVERYONE for "stuffing my bra " little did they know that was all natural. I now have a scoliosis which is a curvature of my spine which bring me back pain every single day. And my doctor has said a good amount of that is my "bustyness" if that makes sense.. Please don't be upset with your body! I'd kill to have people notice my face before my chest! I'd love for people to not make comments about that. I'd love to be able to go to the gym without 3 sports bras at one time to reduce "jumping pains" if you will. Trust me in the long run small chest will be better! Don't worry about what other people think! That was hard for me to realize but once you find somebody who appreciates everything about you including your body you will no longer be self conscious!!

Natalie

You are replying to a post from 2 years ago and chances are, the original poster may not see your reply.

• 2 weeks later...
sorairobara Newbie

You are replying to a post from 2 years ago and chances are, the original poster may not see your reply.

I saw it though! And I know how all you tiny women out there feel! I was always a stick. 5'6" and 100lbs most of my life and got well under 96lbs for a while. No breasts, ass, curves, sex drive, and my period was always irregular. After finding out about my wheat allergy and getting on a gluten free diet I pretty much started puberty at 20 (definitely weird to deal with) and while I'm still a AA (that's huge compared to a year and a half ago) but it's nice not have the body of a skinny teenage boy anymore and finally some curves! I'm still struggling to gain and keep on weight but I'm getting there! Gaining weight on a healthy diet and no appetite and problems keeping down food and obvious problems with fat and nutrient absorption is definitely not an easy thing as a young female but it can be done! Don't be afraid to be happy about gaining weight despite what media and advertising is trying to shove down our throats!

Archived