2 replies to this topic

#1 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 09:12 AM

Has anyone had any problems with this chicken? It's labeled gluten free. I have had their plain chicken breasts before and they are really good. Yesterday I was running a bunch of errands and didn't have time to get home to make dinner, so I decided to pick up a whole rotisserie chicken at BJ's. It's made by Harvestland and labeled Gluten Free (as well as hormone/antibiotic free). It doesn't have any soy ingredients either, just seasonings. Anyway I ate some last night with some steamed veggies and got a headache. I thought it was just because I had eaten so late (usually I get a headache when I go without eating too long). But today for lunch I had some leftover chicken shredded with some plain rice and I immediately got a headache. The headache last night went away after about an hour and I don't seem to have any glutening symptoms, but I need to know if this was the chicken or just a coincidence. I was planning on making some chicken tortilla soup with the rest of the leftovers.
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,697 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 01:57 PM

If it is made in the same place that makes stuff with gluten it may have an issue with CC.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#3 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 02:12 PM

It took a few hours but my headache is gone now. I'm thinking maybe it was CC from soy somehow instead of gluten. Soybean oil gives me an instant headache. This only listed canola oil in the ingredients. I do use just olive oil at home, so I wonder if my body is reacting canola oil now too. :huh:
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: