Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Harvestland Rotisserie Chicken

3 posts in this topic

Has anyone had any problems with this chicken? It's labeled gluten free. I have had their plain chicken breasts before and they are really good. Yesterday I was running a bunch of errands and didn't have time to get home to make dinner, so I decided to pick up a whole rotisserie chicken at BJ's. It's made by Harvestland and labeled Gluten Free (as well as hormone/antibiotic free). It doesn't have any soy ingredients either, just seasonings. Anyway I ate some last night with some steamed veggies and got a headache. I thought it was just because I had eaten so late (usually I get a headache when I go without eating too long). But today for lunch I had some leftover chicken shredded with some plain rice and I immediately got a headache. The headache last night went away after about an hour and I don't seem to have any glutening symptoms, but I need to know if this was the chicken or just a coincidence. I was planning on making some chicken tortilla soup with the rest of the leftovers.

Ads by Google:

If it is made in the same place that makes stuff with gluten it may have an issue with CC.

It took a few hours but my headache is gone now. I'm thinking maybe it was CC from soy somehow instead of gluten. Soybean oil gives me an instant headache. This only listed canola oil in the ingredients. I do use just olive oil at home, so I wonder if my body is reacting canola oil now too. :huh: