This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Wanted For My Gf Grocery Store.....

mrsfish-94

mrsfish-94 Apprentice

I would like to ask if some of you would send me a list of your favorite gluten-free items. I would like to have as many gluten-free items in my gluten-free store shelves as I can find. Speciality food stuff and everyday use items like...lotion and shampoo. You are welcome to post it or PM me or even send it via email.

Thanks for all your help

Mrsfish94

Mrsfish_94@hotmail.com

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Carriefaith Enthusiast

Here are some!

Tinkyada

Open Original Shared Link

Kinnikinnick

Thai kitchen

products that contain gluten

Nature's Path

mrsfish-94 Apprentice

Thanks! I will get working on these right away!!!

jenvan Collaborator

I ditto Carrie and add Pamela's Mixes, Mi-Dels, Manna from Anna, Amy's dinners, Chebe, Nut Thins crackers...to name a few !

jenvan Collaborator

PS-- Ever heard of the gluten-free trading co store in Milwaukee? It makes me want to live there! They sell only gluten-free food and have a huge catalog. You could use their catalog as a resource for products too...

Guest Viola

Please Say this store is going to be in my area! :o:rolleyes::lol:

lbsteenwyk Explorer

I like baking supplies from Bob's Red Mill.Open Original Shared Link

Envirokids Bars and Cereals

Amy's Frozen Entrees - especially the Mac and Cheese

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

I ditto like all the brands mentioned.

To name a few favorites:

Tinkyada

Foods By George

Cybros

Kinnikinnick

Mi Del

Glutano

Thai Kitchen

Amy's

Chebe

Envirokidz

Guest nini

Applegate Farms Gluten Free Antibiotic Free Nitrate and Nitrite Free Deli Meats and Hot dogs are AWESOME!

Ian's Allergen Free Chicken Nuggets and Fish Sticks

Enjoy Life Foods, cookies, cereals, bagels and more all free of Gluten and many other common allergens.

Philly Swirl Italian Ice and Swirl Pops

Orgran (from Australia) Gluten, Dairy and Yeast Free Bread mixes, gluten-free All Purpose Flour

Tinkyada Pasta!!!!!!

Mrs. Leepers pasta meals (like Hamburger Helper)

mrsfish-94 Apprentice

Thanks Everyone for all the lists!!!!

Oh Shirley...

I wish it was!!!! In an earlier post I stated I was in Northern California. But let me tell you if it takes off....I will consider franchising. We as Celiac's need this!!!

celiac3270 Collaborator

I know I'm repeating many, but just to reinforce the ones that I also like:

Chebe -- mixes, can be bought in bulk for less and no shipping charges. Best pizza in my opinion.

Food by George -- I like the corn muffins, brownies are okay, english muffins are very good, pizza is great...probably the best frozen one I've tried, though they're small. Many products are free of other allergens, as well: soy, dairy, lactose, casein, nuts, etc...it says it on the front of the package.

Mrs. Leepers -- Great pasta mixes

Kinnikinick -- bread products, etc.

Ener-G -- I like their tapioca loaf most...also have other bread products

Glutino -- great bagels

Philly Swirl -- Great company, great products...also have sugar-free products for diabetics. The owners are really nice, but in trouble because they can't get enough stores to sell their products.

Mi-del -- cookies

Pamela's Products -- mixes, cookies

Gluten Free Pantry -- mixes

Carriefaith Enthusiast

Sterk's is my absolute favorite, however, I think it is hard to get some of their stuff. But in my opinion, it is definately worth the effort. Here is some places you can get their stuff:

Sterk's Bakery - Vineland, Ontario

Phone - 1-800-608-4501

Guest BERNESES

Thanks Everyone- what a great list! Most of my favorites have already been listed but I feel as though I must add two of my favorite treats- Snickers icre cream bars and Jif peanut butter! Together....yummmmmm Beverly

MySuicidalTurtle Enthusiast

I like Mayacamas' Alfredo Sauce mix.

jenvan Collaborator

Ooooo... a franchise. I could be interested in that a few years down the line. :lol:

frenchiemama Collaborator

The stuff I love the most is from Grandma Ferdon's. It's local, but she does have her stuff at several grocery stores in the area.

www.grandmaferdons.com

I really like Amy's frozen meals and soups. Also Imagine makes some really good soups.

Guest barbara3675

At the store you mentioned in Milwaukee they have some breadsticks that are so good and I have never seen them anywhere else. They are by Glumno, distributed by a Canadian company---but made in Italy. They are sesame bread breadsticks, and are very light, not heavy like the restaurant ones and shorter. They are also only 40 calories for 6 of them and quite tasty. My son lives in the western most suburb of the Milwaukee area and I just hate to go all the way into the city just for those breadsticks. As a rule the food at that store is way overpriced and I can get most of the stuff they have elsewhere, like Whole Foods in Madison, WI or at my health food store where I live in northern Wisconsin. For some reason, I just didn't realize they had a web site, so I am going to try to order some of these breadsticks from there. Here is all the information off the package in case you want to order them for your store: 800-363-DIET INFO@GLUTINO.COM. I actually been back to Whole Foods since I discovered these in Milwaukee, so maybe they handle them, I will be checking.

Barbara

mrsfish-94 Apprentice

Thanks again everyone!!!! Some of these companies are new to me so...this has been great!

Thanks again!!!!! :D

mommida Enthusiast

Celiac Specialties in Harrison twp., Mi has great donut holes. They are starting to sell in other health food stores in the area.

Amy's

Pamela's

Gluten Free Pantry

Chebe

Ian's (fish sticks)

A full line of spices and condiments (that would be especially helpful for new Celiacs)

frozen prepared cupcakes for the moms of Celiac kids for unexpected birthday parties at school and cookie decorating kits for school functions

Kinnikinick

Imagine (soups)

and Applegate farms

Wellshire farms

Tinkayada pasta

That's what I would like to find at a store.

Laura

frenchiemama Collaborator

Barbara3675~~~

Where do you live in Northern WI? Anywhere near Eau Claire? If so, Festival Foods in EC has a great gluten-free selection.

cdford Contributor

Be sure to consider baking supplies we need like Xanthan gum, potato starch (hard to get unless your usual grocery has a Jewish foods section), tapioca, flax seed, gluten-free yeast, etc. gluten-free sauces, spices, personal care, and cleaning supplies would be good also.

mrsfish-94 Apprentice

I have been looking for companies that have personal care supplies and cleaning supplies that are gluten-free. I know of a few national brands. Do you know of any others????

I think for spices I may go with McCormicks I have talked to them about all their gluten free stuff and the only things that are not are tiryaki (sp?) that is added to spices and mixes. Yes, their Vanilla is gluten free!!! I was so excited to hear that.

Thanks again for all the suggestions...Please keep them coming! There have been many companies that I had not heard of...so this really has been great!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AmandasMommy

well if you go to giant eagle deli. they have a list of gluten-free meats and cheeses. i asked the front desk for a copy and they gave me one.

so we like the eckrich bologna and isalys chiped ham for starters.

only thing is you have to call ahead so they can clean the slicer. (also so you dont have to see the looks you get).

if i had a scanner id send it to you, sorry.

mommida Enthusiast

If you could find some space to carry Gluten free cookbooks. I have been to Border's and Barnes and Noble and they have 1-3 Gluten free cookbooks. This is Metro-Detroit loctations.

Laura

Archived