This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

That Cupcake Just Fell Right Down My Throat!

vbecton

vbecton Explorer

As some of you know, my GI symptoms are crazy. So, what's the solution to an upset and uncooperative GI tract? gluten-free Cupcakes!

I had no intention of eating one. I really didn't. But, my son is leaving tomorrow for a camp designed for rising skateboarders who are going to the next level (YEAH!!!) and I knew he needed a pick-me-up for his day of packing.

I have to say, that Betty Crocker is a great lady. I kid you not, after eating so clean for weeks/months, I just knew the minute that cupcake went down the hatch I would pay. But, how much could I pay, my GI tract is already a nightmare. Heck, I might as well enjoy something delectable for goodness sakes. Well, bless my little heart because there are 2 cupcakes in my intestines and they seem to be happy there :D

I *heart* gluten-free Betty Crocker.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Coinkey Apprentice

I *heart* gluten-free Betty Crocker.

so, what you are saying is that the amazing Betty Crocker does gluten free and does it well??? Now, I have a mission! Hunt down this elusive gluten free Betty Crocker!!!

vbecton Explorer

so, what you are saying is that the amazing Betty Crocker does gluten free and does it well??? Now, I have a mission! Hunt down this elusive gluten free Betty Crocker!!!

Oh yes she does! I bought the yellow cake mix and used chocolate frosting. I found this by total accident at the crappiest grocery store in our town. I didn't expect to find one thing gluten-free, so boy was I excited to see these! And, my son says they are the best yet!

Darn210 Enthusiast

I'm just going to throw in my two cents . . . I have used the Betty Crocker cake mix a few times. I have never had a problem when I make cupcakes with it. When I try to make an actual cake, I overcook it every time . . . it could be operator error . . . it could be by the time the middle cooks, the outside is too done. I WILL still use Betty . . . but only for cupcakes.

vbecton Explorer

I'm just going to throw in my two cents . . . I have used the Betty Crocker cake mix a few times. I have never had a problem when I make cupcakes with it. When I try to make an actual cake, I overcook it every time . . . it could be operator error . . . it could be by the time the middle cooks, the outside is too done. I WILL still use Betty . . . but only for cupcakes.

Good point! I did cook 2 minutes less than it said. It said to bake for 18-22 minutes for cupcakes and I baked for 16 minutes and they were totally done!

Monklady123 Collaborator

I just had my new stove delivered last week. And I have a box of this Gluten-free cake mix sitting right on my counter! woot! I could never bake in my old oven because the temp settings didn't work properly. Can't wait to try some cupcakes!

Now, if I could only find Gluten-free bisquick I'd be in heaven.

Janelee63 Newbie

Oh yes she does! I bought the yellow cake mix and used chocolate frosting. I found this by total accident at the crappiest grocery store in our town. I didn't expect to find one thing gluten-free, so boy was I excited to see these! And, my son says they are the best yet!

I have a box in my pantry. I have not tried it yet..I bought Lemon icing....just was in the mood for it. I think I might add a little lemon peel grated in the cup cakes too. I actually prefer the cup cakes...that way you can freeze them easier.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

K8ling Enthusiast

I am going to be baking my own bday cake for my bday on Thursday and I am glad I ran across this!! It'll help me with the times lol. YAY for good gluten-free cupcakes/cakes!!

vbecton Explorer

I am going to be baking my own bday cake for my bday on Thursday and I am glad I ran across this!! It'll help me with the times lol. YAY for good gluten-free cupcakes/cakes!!

Happy early birthday! Mine is on Tuesday.

heatherjane Contributor

Well, bless my little heart because there are 2 cupcakes in my intestines and they seem to be happy there :D

In the words of Yo Gabba Gabba: "There's a party in my tummy.. so yummy so yummy yummy!" :D

K8ling Enthusiast

Happy early birthday! Mine is on Tuesday.

WOOHOOOOO!!!! This kicks off "Birfday Hanukkah" for me, my mom celebrates it a whole week, and my Jewish grandmother hopped on board and named it lol.

In the words of Yo Gabba Gabba: "There's a party in my tummy.. so yummy so yummy yummy!" :D

This is wxactly what I was singing as I was replying!! hahahaha we ended up having to watch the episode because my 2 year old was so excited over the song. Yo Gabba Gabba FOR THE WIN!!!

vbecton Explorer

We definitely have toddlers to be able to relate to Yo Gabba Gabba! I'm going to tell my 2yr old that cupcakes give mommmy a party in her tummy :lol:

heatherjane Contributor

This is wxactly what I was singing as I was replying!! hahahaha we ended up having to watch the episode because my 2 year old was so excited over the song. Yo Gabba Gabba FOR THE WIN!!!

What's sad is that I have no kids, and I know this song. It gets stuck in your head. B)

txplowgirl Enthusiast

Been out of the loop for several years so don't know the Yo Gabba Gabba song. Kid is grown. But after all these years I still hear the Barney Song. :wacko:

I Love You, You Love Me. AARRhhhhhh.

heatherjane Contributor

Been out of the loop for several years so don't know the Yo Gabba Gabba song. Kid is grown. But after all these years I still hear the Barney Song. :wacko:

I Love You, You Love Me. AARRhhhhhh.

well... whatever you do, don't go listen to Party in My Tummy...it will never leave you....it will be stuck in your head like the Barney song. (Although I have to say, having celiac makes it SO much funnier!)

Archived