Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

How Cool Is This?!

23 posts in this topic

http://www.moberg.com/celiac/courses/movies/cupboard.swf

This is a celiac game...reading labels. :lol: Not something we would need, but maybe good for kids who are just learning. There is one mistake. On one of the foods it says that you need to check maltodextrin for the source--really, it's always gluten-free in the US unless it says wheat in front of it, but hey!

:D:P:lol:

Ads by Google:

cool!

On one of the foods it says that you need to check maltodextrin for the source--really, it's always gluten-free in the US unless it says wheat in front of it, but hey!

That's ok we still have to check here in Canada!

That's really neat! I need this in real life, lol!

Sheila

I need this in real life
:lol:

HA! Wouldn't that just be convenient! A portable device that scans the bar code or something and says "yes! gluten free" or "no! not for you" :D

Wait... maltodextrin in foods manufactured in the U.S. are always gluten-free??

Wait... maltodextrin in foods manufactured in the U.S. are always gluten-free??
yes... apparently, if there is wheat they won't hide it (unlike Canada)

Maltodextrin in foods in the U.S. is NOT always gluten-free, but if it's made from the manufacturer is by law required to clearly state that. Occasionally you will see "wheat maltodextrin" or "maltodextrin (wheat)". Some maltodextrin from Europe is made from wheat because of their fear of GMO corn.

richard

Welp I got 100%, but I sent it to my in-laws who I will be staying with in August... hopefuly they will learn somthing by playing it befor they posion my toddler!

I'm new to the gluten free diet and am VERY careful with labels and am still learning. This was a quick fun game to play, thank you!! I did not get 100 % but I did not do that bad either. I learned malt flavoring has gluten in it and didnt know that before.

Thank you!! :)

Heck yeah--I played that game and I butt :P

However, I still have labels out in the real world that puzzle me from time to time...

I sent it to my friends--we'll see how they do !

Oops! I should have proofed that one!

I meant to say I kicked butt :P Not, I butt !

I kicked butt too!!! :D

I got them all right...I'm going to send it to some friends and see how they do

Great idea to send to friends/family to let them see how to read labels!! By the way... I got 100% ~ BUT, one thing the game doesn't represent is cross contamination issues. I would never eat the chips in the game due to that fact!! :)

Good game for beginners. It is a start on teaching folks to read the labels! I got 100%, by the way! :D

I love the sarcastic touch, too. Like on the side of one of the corn flake boxes (the left one) (before you click on it) it says something about how there's a chance you could win $100,000, but more likely, you'll get a piece of worthless plastic. :lol:

On the same box, this time when you click it, it recommends that you add one cup of milk and fifteen teaspoons of sugar. For maximum impact, eat it really quickly while watching high impact cartoons in the morning. Sweeten to taste with more sugar. LOL

Yes, a good game for people who don't yet get it. A little more lighthearted. If it addressed cross-contamination, though, then you'd have to get into calling the companies and such...too complicated :P

I didn't think before I went there that I was going to do that good, but I got 100%. Unfortunately most of the labels I read are not that simple. :(

I did the test, I got caught on the "other" soy sauce! Tupid, Tupid......2old4

What fun! My 9 yo son took the quiz with me and we scored 100%. I'm gluten free for 1 year now and needless to say in our home it's a "family" change of lifestyle, so for my son to rate 100%, it shows how he's been paying attention.

Melissa

I cannot do more than one at a time - the game freezes on whatver I picked and I have to close it and start it over, or open it in a different window. I can't get my score, or the correct answers, either LOL.

fun and educational... but would be more realistic if half of the stuff in the pantry listed my least favorite "ingredient"... natural flavors. makes me sooo very frustrated every time I see it. and sometimes when you call they cant/wont even tell you what it is!

although I think it is hilarious that there is a line of organic juice at a major healthfood store that lists organic natural flavoring as an ingredient. really, if you're that concerned about what you're eating that you'll buy organic, are you really just going to buy organic whatever and not know what they're putting in your food???

That was fun! I have to add that "natural flavors" is now my least favorite ingredient as well as it NEVER occured to me until I drank Tropicana lemonade and got so sick last week. I looked it up on thye Delphi list and sure enough, it was hidden under natural flavors. Could someone PLEAZZZZZ tell me what gluten is doing in lemonade? Arrrgghhhh....

I got a 100%. If only all labels were that simple!

Wow, that was fun! Thaks for sharing that.

June :D

Oh it gets better! It happened AGAIN this week. June 21st, a beautiiful day in my little summer seacoast city of Portsmouth, Summer Solstice, full strawberry moon- it's gorgeous so my husband and I go for a bike ride and decide- "Let's go have a margarita at one of the decks down by the harbor" "Great Idea!" So I get a frozen strawberry margarita with Patron silver tequila (because I know it has no coloring and no gluten) and the next day I have one hell of a hangover (Mind you, I had ONE drink). By noon, I'm realizing this is no hangover-- I'm glutened. So I call the restaurant and ask the manager to read me the ingredients on the strawberry margarita mix and he reads them- nothing resembling gluten until the last ingredient- natural flavors! Needless to say two days later i still have that "hangover" and am thinking about getting a shirt that says "I Hate Natural Flavors" :P