22 replies to this topic

#16 mytummyhurts

mytummyhurts

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 11:19 AM

I didn't think before I went there that I was going to do that good, but I got 100%. Unfortunately most of the labels I read are not that simple. :(

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 2old4

2old4

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 06:37 PM

I did the test, I got caught on the "other" soy sauce! Tupid, Tupid......2old4
gluten-free since 05/19/05
Positive Bloodwork
Patty from Maine

#18 ponita

ponita

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 03:48 PM

What fun! My 9 yo son took the quiz with me and we scored 100%. I'm gluten free for 1 year now and needless to say in our home it's a "family" change of lifestyle, so for my son to rate 100%, it shows how he's been paying attention.

Melissa

#19 celiachap

celiachap

Advanced Community Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 09:35 AM

I cannot do more than one at a time - the game freezes on whatver I picked and I have to close it and start it over, or open it in a different window. I can't get my score, or the correct answers, either LOL.
Diagnosed with Celiac March, 2005: Positive endoscopy, blood tests and biopsy. Gluten free since March 2005.

Retested Jan. 2006: Negative blood tests: "Results do not support a diagnosis of celiac disease. Serological markers for celiac disease were not detected."

Results for 2006 endoscope/biopsy pending.

Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing than he who believes what is wrong.
-Thomas Jefferson

Give me the storm and stress of thought and action rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will but first let me eat of the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge.
- Robert Green Ingersoll

#20 hsd1203

hsd1203

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 08:07 AM

fun and educational... but would be more realistic if half of the stuff in the pantry listed my least favorite "ingredient"... natural flavors. makes me sooo very frustrated every time I see it. and sometimes when you call they cant/wont even tell you what it is!

although I think it is hilarious that there is a line of organic juice at a major healthfood store that lists organic natural flavoring as an ingredient. really, if you're that concerned about what you're eating that you'll buy organic, are you really just going to buy organic whatever and not know what they're putting in your food???

#21 Guest_BERNESES_*

Guest_BERNESES_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2005 - 02:27 PM

That was fun! I have to add that "natural flavors" is now my least favorite ingredient as well as it NEVER occured to me until I drank Tropicana lemonade and got so sick last week. I looked it up on thye Delphi list and sure enough, it was hidden under natural flavors. Could someone PLEAZZZZZ tell me what gluten is doing in lemonade? Arrrgghhhh....

I got a 100%. If only all labels were that simple!

#22 junevarn

junevarn

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 08:16 AM

Wow, that was fun! Thaks for sharing that.

June :D

#23 Guest_BERNESES_*

Guest_BERNESES_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2005 - 10:31 AM

Oh it gets better! It happened AGAIN this week. June 21st, a beautiiful day in my little summer seacoast city of Portsmouth, Summer Solstice, full strawberry moon- it's gorgeous so my husband and I go for a bike ride and decide- "Let's go have a margarita at one of the decks down by the harbor" "Great Idea!" So I get a frozen strawberry margarita with Patron silver tequila (because I know it has no coloring and no gluten) and the next day I have one hell of a hangover (Mind you, I had ONE drink). By noon, I'm realizing this is no hangover-- I'm glutened. So I call the restaurant and ask the manager to read me the ingredients on the strawberry margarita mix and he reads them- nothing resembling gluten until the last ingredient- natural flavors! Needless to say two days later i still have that "hangover" and am thinking about getting a shirt that says "I Hate Natural Flavors" :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: