This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Gas Station Cappuccino

UIDancer

UIDancer Apprentice

Does anyone know if the cappuccinos you get from the machines at the gas station are gluten-free? I know 2 coffee brands at gas stations are Red Beret Roasters and Millstone by Folgers but I don't know if those companies also do the cappuccino. I love those things but have been too afraid to have one since going gluten-free.

Thanks!

Devon

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guest gfinnebraska

Don't rely on my word alone... but I believe they are. I use the mix at home and also buy them in gas stations. The mix I use at home is definitely gluten-free. I have never had a reaction to the gas station one, so until proven otherwise, I enjoy one every now and then.

• 3 weeks later...
UIDancer Apprentice

Just wanted to update anyone who is interested: I had the French Vanilla gas station cappuccino and did NOT have a reaction... take it for what it's worth. :)

stef-the-kicking-cuty Enthusiast

I would like to have the french vanilla from Sheetz again so bad, that it's not funny anymore. I just don't know, if this contains any gluten.

Turtle Enthusiast

I've been experimenting w/ this too. So far, so good. If anyone finds out anything different, please post as will I.

stef-the-kicking-cuty Enthusiast

OK, tomorrow or so I'll go to Sheetz and sip some cafes :lol: . Better now, than when my preparation starts :(

• 5 years later...
punkin513 Newbie

Yesterday I went to Kwik Trip and really wanted cappuccino so I asked the person working there if I could read the box that the mix came in, she printed out the ing. list for me and I looked it over (I'd list it but I left it in my car) and there are a few things in it that gluten free diet won't allow you to have. I suggest that you ask at the gas station of your choice to see the list of ing. before drinking it cuz as we all know just because we don't have a reaction to it doesn't mean it's gluten free and I don't think cappuccino is worth cancer.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• 11 months later...
punkin513 Newbie

Yesterday I went to Kwik Trip and really wanted cappuccino so I asked the person working there if I could read the box that the mix came in, she printed out the ing. list for me and I looked it over (I'd list it but I left it in my car) and there are a few things in it that gluten free diet won't allow you to have. I suggest that you ask at the gas station of your choice to see the list of ing. before drinking it cuz as we all know just because we don't have a reaction to it doesn't mean it's gluten free and I don't think cappuccino is worth cancer.

Update to my post above this is from Kwik Trip gas station regarding the french van. cappuccino

Nutrition Facts

Product: Cappuccino French Vanilla

Item Type: Hot Drink

Serving Size: 8 fl oz

Serving Size Details: 8 fl oz

Servings Per Container: 1

Amount per Serving

Calories: 160 Calories From Fat: 40

Total Fat: 4.5g Total Fat Daily Value: 7%

Saturated Fat: 4g Saturated Fat Daily Value: 20%

TransFats: 0g

Cholesterol: 0mg Cholesterol Daily Value: 0%

Sodium: 170mg Sodium Daily Value: 7%

Total Carbohydrates: 29g Total Carbohydrates Daily Value: 10%

Dietary Fiber: 0g Dietary Fiber Daily Value: 0%

Sugars: 21g

Protein: 1g

Vitamin A: 0% Vitamin C: 0%

Calcium: 2% Iron: 2%

Ingredients: Sugar, Nondairy Creamer [Corn Syrup Solids, Partially Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Sodium Caseinate [A Milk Derivative], Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Tripolyphosphate, Mono-and diglycerides,Sugar, DATEM, Sodium Silicoaluminate [an anti caking agent], Artificial Flavors], Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Soy Lecithin, Artificial Colors]. Maltodextrin, Whey, Instant Coffee, Nonfat Dry Milk, Artificial Flavor, Carboxymethylcellulose Gum, Cocoa [Processed with Alkali], Salt, Silicon Dioxide [an anti caking agent],Ttitanium Dioxide [for color]. Contains: Soy, Milk

below is the website where I got this information

Open Original Shared Link

jswog Contributor

Update to my post above this is from Kwik Trip gas station regarding the french van. cappuccino

Nutrition Facts

Product: Cappuccino French Vanilla

Item Type: Hot Drink

Serving Size: 8 fl oz

Serving Size Details: 8 fl oz

Servings Per Container: 1

Amount per Serving

Calories: 160 Calories From Fat: 40

Total Fat: 4.5g Total Fat Daily Value: 7%

Saturated Fat: 4g Saturated Fat Daily Value: 20%

TransFats: 0g

Cholesterol: 0mg Cholesterol Daily Value: 0%

Sodium: 170mg Sodium Daily Value: 7%

Total Carbohydrates: 29g Total Carbohydrates Daily Value: 10%

Dietary Fiber: 0g Dietary Fiber Daily Value: 0%

Sugars: 21g

Protein: 1g

Vitamin A: 0% Vitamin C: 0%

Calcium: 2% Iron: 2%

Ingredients: Sugar, Nondairy Creamer [Corn Syrup Solids, Partially Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Sodium Caseinate [A Milk Derivative], Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Tripolyphosphate, Mono-and diglycerides,Sugar, DATEM, Sodium Silicoaluminate [an anti caking agent], Artificial Flavors], Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Soy Lecithin, Artificial Colors]. Maltodextrin, Whey, Instant Coffee, Nonfat Dry Milk, Artificial Flavor, Carboxymethylcellulose Gum, Cocoa [Processed with Alkali], Salt, Silicon Dioxide [an anti caking agent],Ttitanium Dioxide [for color]. Contains: Soy, Milk

below is the website where I got this information

Open Original Shared Link

I don't see anything on this list that would be a problem unless a person has issues with soy or dairy in addition to the gluten. It does appear to be gluten free.

come dance with me Enthusiast

Most of the ones I've seen contain gluten in the chocolate powder but we can't have them because of the milk anyway.

sa1937 Community Regular

Most of the ones I've seen contain gluten in the chocolate powder but we can't have them because of the milk anyway.

Here in the U.S. if the chocolate powder contained gluten, it would have to be declared.

That said, there are an awful lot of chemicals in the ingredients for that cappuccino Punkin mentioned.

jswog Contributor

*Some* of us may not be able to have them because of the milk, but not *all* of us. Not all of us are lactose intolerant. I am not and there are others who are also not. There is nothing in that list of ingredients that a celiac could not have unless he/she has other intolerances on top of gluten.

*Some* of us may not be able to have them because of the milk, but not *all* of us. Not all of us are lactose intolerant. I am not and there are others who are also not. There is nothing in that list of ingredients that a celiac could not have unless he/she has other intolerances on top of gluten.

We are not lactose intolerant we are vegan. However my point was that the ones *I* have seen contain gluten in the chocolate powder. I'm sorry if that offended anyone :/

jswog Contributor

We are not lactose intolerant we are vegan. However my point was that the ones *I* have seen contain gluten in the chocolate powder. I'm sorry if that offended anyone :/

I apologise! There is so much discussion on here about lactose intolerance that I assumed (and I think we all know what that does! :) ) when you said no milk that you were referring to that. Still, my point is the same that a gluten free diet simply means gluten free. If you have other things that you are avoiding for other reasons, they are not necessarily universally applied to everyone who is gluten free. I am currently intolerant of eggs, but that is seperate from being gluten free and I would not automatically assume that eggs are a no-no for all on gluten free diets. I was primarly responding to the person who posted the ingredient list who said something to the effect of 'there are things on this list that WE cannot have on a GLUTEN FREE diet' (emphasis mine) and I wanted to point out that there were no gluten ingredients on the list, not that there may or may not be things that certain individuals on gluten free diets could not have in addition to the gluten containing ingredients. And that was also not to say that *all* gas station beverages were safe, but just to refer to that specific ingredient list. I would strongly suspect that the chocolate powders used *would* contain gluten and each person would need to check the ingredients for the specific product in consideration. Some probably are safe, but I would suspect many are not. Just looks like the one listed would have been, should there not have been additional considerations besides gluten...

My point was simply that if it contained any gluten it would be in the chocolate powder. I will stay out of this now. It's being misinterpreted and I don't feel like explaining the same thing over and over again.

Archived