4 replies to this topic

#1 jayjay57

jayjay57

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 07:28 PM

I have been gluten free for 4 months or so and last night after coming in contact with some cross contamination I am in major pain! Hit quite quickly (in the restaurant) and even though I made it home before getting worse I woke up today with horrendous bloating and pains. Is there anything I can do to speed up the healing process? It has been 24 hours and I am still quite uncomfortable.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 09:18 PM

I have been gluten free for 4 months or so and last night after coming in contact with some cross contamination I am in major pain! Hit quite quickly (in the restaurant) and even though I made it home before getting worse I woke up today with horrendous bloating and pains. Is there anything I can do to speed up the healing process? It has been 24 hours and I am still quite uncomfortable.

Sorry you are in such misery. Some people advise to drink lots of water; others say pepto bismol helps them. Hope you feel better soon.
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 missceliac2010

missceliac2010

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 02:59 AM

So sorry you feel cruddy! When I'm glutened I tend to start a regimen of gas-x (for the bloating), pepto (because someone told me to...lol), lots of water (cause it flushes you out), and a pretty darned liquid diet (because I can't really handle "real" food anyway when I'm that bad, so boost shakes are my friend.)

Good luck to you! Get well soon!
Heather C.
July, 2010: Diagnosed with Celiac Disease via elimination diet and strong Lactose Intolerance via blood work. My symptoms of glutening include 1. extreme abdominal distention, 2. severe abdominal pain, 3. gas, 4. mood swings/generally negative and unpleasant to be around!

#4 tennisman

tennisman

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 03:28 PM

Ask your doctor for Mebeverine also known as Colofac. I also find medicine form is better than tablets. My doctor gave me Mebeverine when I first started gluten-free diet seemed to work if I accidentally eat gluten.
Diagnosed with Coeliac disease in 2003

#5 Skylark

Skylark

Glutenologist

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 10:04 PM

Sorry you are in such misery. Some people advise to drink lots of water; others say pepto bismol helps them. Hope you feel better soon.

I'm one of the Pepto Bismol people. It really helps with the pain for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: