5 replies to this topic

#1 CarolinaKip

CarolinaKip

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 09:05 AM

I've googled bboth this morning with different answers. I had to take advil for a medical biopsy yesterday. While waiting in office a full blown gluten attack starts! This morning I took some tylenol for the mild headache. I ate the same thing for lunch both days. So any ideas? Are the meds gluten-free? I know glutenfreedrugs has them both as gluten-free, so if that is true. I introduced avocado yesterday and today. I'm starting to have another reaction, sharp pains in my sides and foggy brain. Help! I've been so carefull in my kitchen, so I don't think it was from there.
How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.
George Washington Carver

Blood work positive 4/10
Endo biopsy positive 5/10
Gluten free 5/10

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 BRUMI1968

BRUMI1968

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 12:42 PM

I know some tylenol is gluten-free and others not - like slow release or whatever it is called - I guess probalby not slow relese maybe rapid release - is NOT gluten-free, but "extra strength caplets" are. Avocado is really fatty and can cause fatty-related pooping issues, at least for me. Anyway, good luck in figuring it out. Sorry that happened to you!

#3 CarolinaKip

CarolinaKip

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 09:03 AM

I know some tylenol is gluten-free and others not - like slow release or whatever it is called - I guess probalby not slow relese maybe rapid release - is NOT gluten-free, but "extra strength caplets" are. Avocado is really fatty and can cause fatty-related pooping issues, at least for me. Anyway, good luck in figuring it out. Sorry that happened to you!

Thanks for yor reply. I'm still trying to figure it out. I think I'm sensitve to brown rice as well. It seems I take one step ahead with going gluten-free and two steps back.
How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.
George Washington Carver

Blood work positive 4/10
Endo biopsy positive 5/10
Gluten free 5/10

#4 oceangirl

oceangirl

oceangirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 04:38 AM

Advil is okay and Tylenol Extra strength and Bufferin Extra Strength (500 mg) are also okay. I'm highly sensitive and have used these all on occasion through the years.

lisa

#5 swimmer2012

swimmer2012

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:09 AM

Advil is okay and Tylenol Extra strength and Bufferin Extra Strength (500 mg) are also okay. I'm highly sensitive and have used these all on occasion through the years.

lisa

Actually, not ALL Advil products are gluten-free...

I am allergic to gluten. Is it all right for me to take this product?

Advil® Liqui-Gels®, Advil® Migraine and Advil® PM Liqui-Gels® all contain a wheat derivative, and are not gluten-free. You should check with your doctor if you have any concerns about taking this product.

Taken on March 8, 2012 from the Advil website: http://www.advil.com/faqs

#6 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,310 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:37 AM

please check out the current thread on Advil and generic versions we have been discussing this week.

http://www.celiac.co...348#entry779348

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: