Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Glutened Or Allergies?

4 posts in this topic

Seems like the harder I try to get off gluten, the more "allergies" appear. There are things I've been eating all along that are considered gluten free, but now seem to cause me problems:

Caffein

Coconut Oil

Corn on the cob

Quinua

And these are only the obvious ones.

I have only enough coffee grounds for about 2 more cups...I'm going to savor them! It'll be interesting to save for later and see how it affects me...a tell tale sign!

Went to see a dietitian Friday. She suggested I take a look at the blood type diet.

Another journey.

Ads by Google:

Glutened or allergies? It is quite common to have more food problems to crop up after we go gluten free or maybe was not aware of them earlier. Wish you well in your search for better health, you are in the right place for answers. :)

Yeah, I was the same: went off gluten, and a whole bunch of foods suddenly messed me up. :(

I feel your pain. ;)

But re: the dietician and the suggested diet? The blood type diet has been pretty seriously criticized for its lack of any real supporting evidence, by most Dieticians along with doctors and scientists. I'd recommend checking the diet out and your Dietician's credentials, possibly too. <_<

Yeah, I was the same: went off gluten, and a whole bunch of foods suddenly messed me But re: the dietician and the suggested diet? The blood type diet has been pretty seriously criticized for its lack of any real supporting evidence, by most Dieticians along with doctors and scientists. I'd recommend checking the diet out and your Dietician's credentials, possibly too. <_<

Yes! It's very scary to hear a dietitian recommending this. You need to find a better dietitian.