Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Little Blue Boxes Have Changed!

30 posts in this topic

How cool is that? Six little blue boxes now! :lol: I'm now an "advanced community member." Wondering how the little boxes work now, I looked it up...under the members section.

If you have 30 posts or more you're an advanced community member (6)

If you have 10-29 you're a community member (3)

If you have under 10 posts, you're a new community member (1)

This update is probably in light of one member mentioning having been on the diet for a long time, but feeling less important due to "advanced member" or "newbie". COMMUNITY member stresses how long you've been here, not gluten-free. Right. Scott?

Ads by Google:

I noticed the change yesterday as well ~ it does sound more "welcoming" and friendly. :D

You mean ppl actully look at those? Odd....

Yep I noticed we had more blue boxes by our names when I got on here last night.

:DB)

CONRATS to all of you!

Thanks for all the tips and info you guys share and for always making new people like me feel so welcomed!

Oops! That's supposed to say CONGRATS!!

Can't spell today!

The blue boxes do make one feel special :lol: Although, those of you who have posts in the thousands deserve like 10 boxes !!!

HA! Yea, I noticed the blue boxes yesturday too! I thought I "earned" them or something. Now I know! :lol:

Hey Carrie...you changed your name on here B) I just noticed that...

Hey Carrie...you changed your name on here B) I just noticed that...

Yea and it confused the heck out of me for a minute or 3. :mellow:

Yea and it confused the heck out of me for a minute or 3

:lol: sorry about that

Yea I decided to chance my name to my actual name Carrie Faith. I kept the same picture though not to confuse people too much ;) Imagine if I had of changed the picture to someone else :lol:

Oh, wow...I didn't even notice the name change until it was pointed out. Avatars and signatures basically remind me.

And Vincent, people really do look at and take the labels of newbie, advanced member, etc. seriously: http://www.glutenfreeforum.com/index.php?s...indpost&p=44077

I just noticed the new blue squares because they had doubled and I found it hard not to notice them :lol:

Yep, I got some complaints from people who didn't like the "Newbie" label, even though it was only there for 10 posts. I don't want to turn off new board users in any way, so I thought "New Community Member" was much nicer, and more welcoming. Most people decide very early how involved they will become, so I made this change. I also thought it was hard to tell at a glance of 1-3 blue squares, just how advanced on the board a person was, so I updated this as well. I'm glad that you like it. We'll be making some real upgrades in the next couple of weeks, so stay tuned. We're now on a new server--let me know if you notice any speed issues with the board.

Take care,

Scott ;)

Both were good ideas, I think. Let us know if you find out what the changes to the board might be...I'm excited to get new features, lol...like Christmas Eve! :lol::D

I was starting to think I went off the deep end with the changes! I thought it was in my head. I think the term newbie comes off as demeaning. Change can be good.

So you gyys actully pay attn to that? Or you just haveing a good laugh at me?

Yep some people do pay attention to that. I mean I look at how many posts people have sometimes....it was kind of hard not to notice so many blue boxes though...I'm a detail person I guess :lol:

Yep some people do pay attention to that. I mean I look at how many posts people have sometimes....it was kind of hard not to notice so many blue boxes though...I'm a detail person I guess :lol:

btw which one are you in your avatar? Just being nosey... I'd guess the one on the left...

I'm the short haired one..in my previous avatar it was alot longer but I cut it. I look short compared to my friend in the pic...she is 5'10 or so and I'm now just about 5'4 :lol:

I'm the short haired one..in my previous avatar it was alot longer but I cut it. I look short compared to my friend in the pic...she is 5'10 or so and I'm now just about 5'4 :lol:

Ahhh! okay, thanks! :D

Yes. Since people (myself included) often don't sign their posts, it's easier to tell who it is by looking at the name or avatar...and the boxes are doubled, so I couldn't help not noticing them. :)

Yes. Since people (myself included) often don't sign their posts, it's easier to tell who it is by looking at the name or avatar...and the boxes are doubled, so I couldn't help not noticing them. :)

I own/run a large message board using the same software... and I never realy gave much thought to the boxes. The titles some ppl do comment on, but not realy the boxes... or so I thought LOL.

Ok, I've updated this due to complaints from new members, and from some advanced members:

If you have 75 posts or more you're an Advanced Community Member (6 blue boxes)

If you have 26-74 you're a Community Member (3 blue boxes)

If you have under 25 posts, you're a New Community Member (1 blue box)

I hope this works for everyone!

Take care,

Scott

Oh, okay :)