This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

gluten-free Bisquick (You're Gonna Laugh At This)

scarlett77

scarlett77 Apprentice

OK so I was shopping at my favorite grocery store the other day and low and behold they had gluten-free Bisquick! Tiny a$$ box, but I wanted to try it out so I bought it. Now I'm wracking my brain on what the heck I could use it to make... any suggestions or votes? I mean there's always the ever obvious biscuits...but I was hoping for something a bit more creative.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mbrookes Community Regular

Go the the Betty Crocker site and click on gluten free Bisquick. They have a bunch of recipes.

Dixiebell Contributor

I made biscuits last night, they were good but a little sweet for us. After I put them in the oven I saw sugar in the ingredients. I think they would make good cinnamon biscuits. Also I used unsalted butter instead of shortening.

jackay Enthusiast

I vote for Impossible Bisquick Pies. There are tons of recipes online. The only one I've tried since going gluten free is a zucchini one. It took a lot longer to bake than the recipe stated but turned out great. I put quite a bit of cheese on it and it was yummy!

GlutenFreeManna Rising Star

I made this: Open Original Shared Link

And it was very, very good. So good I ate it for brunch and then had some again for a snack later in the day and finished it off for dinner. My husband did have a few pieces as well, but I ate most of it. It re-heated okay, but was best hot out of the oven....Oh and I left out the cheese and it was STILL GOOD. I just wish the box of gluten-free Bisquick were bigger. I wanted to make biscuits and chicken and dumplings too but now there's not enough to do both. I may try to replicate the mix because I haven't found it locally yet. I picked up a box while traveling. I wish I had bought more but it's expensive and I didn't want to buy a bunch and then find I react to it. I didn't seem to have any reaction to the mix, but I think I had too much zucchini in one day. :lol:

TrillumHunter Enthusiast

We made the cheddar garlic biscuits with it on Sunday. They did taste too sweet for me. I put extra garlic in it, but it needed even more for sure.

It a problem with gluten-free flours--they are so bland. I think manufacturers try to fix that by sugar or salt.

scarlett77 Apprentice

We made the cheddar garlic biscuits with it on Sunday. They did taste too sweet for me. I put extra garlic in it, but it needed even more for sure.

It a problem with gluten-free flours--they are so bland. I think manufacturers try to fix that by sugar or salt.

Yeah I've been hearing about the sweetness so thanks for the head's up on that. I'm thinking I may try to experiment with a form of chicken pot pie. I used to make these chicken pot pie empanadas that my family loved and miss...I may try that or just use the one from the online recipe with the biscuits on top.

Thanks for the ideas and feedback!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• 4 weeks later...
Redbirdie Newbie

Yeah I've been hearing about the sweetness so thanks for the head's up on that. I'm thinking I may try to experiment with a form of chicken pot pie. I used to make these chicken pot pie empanadas that my family loved and miss...I may try that or just use the one from the online recipe with the biscuits on top.

Thanks for the ideas and feedback!

I'm looking for a good recipe for chicken pot pie using a Bisquick crust. I see a lot of them that use the cream of chicken soup but that has gluten in it. I probably just need to use part of one recipe and part of another to come up with the right one for me.

bincongo Contributor

I made the oven baked chicken that is on the Betty Crocker site and it was good and easy to make.

• 2 weeks later...
kitgordon Explorer

I made the Chicken and Dumplings from the Betty Crocker liveglutenfreely site. It was easy and good - my son's best friend (who isn't gluten-free) said it was "awesome". Nice to hear.

kareng Grand Master

I made the Chicken and Dumplings from the Betty Crocker liveglutenfreely site. It was easy and good - my son's best friend (who isn't gluten-free) said it was "awesome". Nice to hear.

Yeah! I'm going right there to get the recipe. Thanks. :)

kitgordon Explorer

For some reason, they have changed this recipe since I made it last week. The version I made called for 2 1/2 Progresso chicken broth, 1 1/2 cups cut up cooked chicken, 1 cup frozen vegetables, 1 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp pepper 1 cup milk and 3 TBS cornstarch to make the "soupy part". The dumplings look the same. The new version looks a little easier, but less "homemade". If anyone tries the new version, let us know if you like it. But just so you know, it's not the same as when I recommended it.

The original recipe is still on the Betty Crocker Bisquick gluten free website, not on "liveglutenfreely".

Swimmr Contributor

Progresso has soy in it...had a bad bad reaction from trying my chances. Won't do that again.

I found a cream of chicken recipe on simplyrecipes.com that would work well.

Archived