7 replies to this topic

#1 KikiUSA

KikiUSA

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:51 AM

I was wondering if anyone has tried this 2 oz. vitamin drink and if so has it helped at all with feeling better or having more energy.
I am asking because there is this lady who said she was a celiac and she swears by this stuff, she said she never bloats anymore is not tired and has loads of energy. She is claiming it helps heal our weak immune system.
I want to try it and want anyones input on this.
There is a web site for it too, vemma.com
Thanks everyone for your help :)
Diagnosed 12-2-09 with celiac disease
Have a wonderful husband who I am madly in love with and 2 wonderful children
Everyday is a challenge and journey, I am so glad I have people to go through it with

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kwylee

kwylee

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 10:03 AM

Went on the website and noticed the kid's version called NEXT states it is gluten free, but the adult version, VEMMA, does not. Would need to check on that. I'm always worried when they say natural flavors in ingredients.
K Wylee

Gluten Intolerant, Positive test, June 2010
Casein sensitivity, Positive test, June 2010
Reactive to soy, most processed foods & preservatives, June 2010

#3 KikiUSA

KikiUSA

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 07:27 AM

Went on the website and noticed the kid's version called NEXT states it is gluten free, but the adult version, VEMMA, does not. Would need to check on that. I'm always worried when they say natural flavors in ingredients.

What are the dangers about natural flavors, isn't that a good thing? Thanks for replying I really appreciate it.
Everyday is a challenge and journey, I am so glad I have people to go through it with

#4 kwylee

kwylee

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:23 PM

What are the dangers about natural flavors, isn't that a good thing? Thanks for replying I really appreciate it.

First, on the natural flavoring: I am always suspect of natural flavoring listed in any food that does not specifically state "gluten free". I would guess that many things listed as natural flavor could certainly be free of gluten, but it sounds too much like a catch-all to me, so I don't take the chance. Cocaine is all natural too, and so is wheat, but I'm not doing that either. You may want to hear from others more experienced than me, I've been doing this less than 3 months. But I feel so good that I'm not willing to spoil it.

Secondly, on the VEMMA vitamin fact sheet found on their website. The kid's version specifically states GLUTEN-FREE. The adult version does not. I'd definitely contact the company before giving it a try. Almost every company I have contacted has responded quickly and (so far) honestly. I really would LOVE to find a liquid multi - I'll be contacting them when I have a a few free seconds.
K Wylee

#5 VioletBlue

VioletBlue

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:03 PM

You did better than me on that website. I couldn't find an ingredient list. But I'm assuming it's got citrus in it? That would make it impossible to drink for me.

Secondly, on the VEMMA vitamin fact sheet found on their website. The kid's version specifically states GLUTEN-FREE. The adult version does not. I'd definitely contact the company before giving it a try. Almost every company I have contacted has responded quickly and (so far) honestly. I really would LOVE to find a liquid multi - I'll be contacting them when I have a a few free seconds.

"My mother always told me, it's okay to play with a man's mind
as long as you put it back where you got it when you're done with it."

#6 kwylee

kwylee

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 04:49 PM

You did better than me on that website. I couldn't find an ingredient list. But I'm assuming it's got citrus in it? That would make it impossible to drink for me.

Yeah, I had to search a bit to find it too. On the Vemma.com website, click on the individual product tab (i.e., Vemma, Next, etc.). Look just a bit directly below the Account Login link. There's a Product Fact Sheet on each tab.
K Wylee

#7 Roda

Roda

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 06:41 PM

Wheat has to be declared in the ingredient list but barly and rye don't and could be "hidden" under the term natural flavors. Alot of natural flavors are gluten free, you just need to contact the company to find out.

Me:
Celiac disease(positive blood work/biopsy- 10/2008), gluten free oat intolerent, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis/Disease, Raynaud's Disease

DS2(age 9):
celiac disease(positive IgA tTG, no biopsy- 11/2010)

DS1(age 13):
repeated negative bloodwork and negative EGD/biopsy. Started on a gluten free trial(8/2011). He has decided to stay gluten free due to all of the improvements he has experienced on the diet.

#8 KikiUSA

KikiUSA

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 07:50 AM

Wow still alot for me to learn here. Thanks for all the info. I did find the number and call them. The kids Next is gluten free but the vemma has not been offically labeled gluten free as of yet so they can not say it is until it has been certified.
I did get to speak to the gal that has celiac and is taking this product and she said it is working for her and when her other celiac friend called they did tell her it was gluten free....wow how this can get confusing!
Would be really nice if all places would label either gluten free or contains gluten.
Thanks again everyone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: