5 replies to this topic

#1 mom2B

mom2B

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 03:31 PM

Hey all! It was nice to read through the forums and find so many of you who are pregnant. I'm due the month after all you October ladies.

I'm a month into my second trimester now and I've read (and heard) that this is when we're supposed to get our energy back. I am glad the nausea is gone (thanks mostly to acupuncture), but I would like to get out and take walks again. I used to walk 3-4 miles 4 times a week and sleep 8-9 hours a night. Now since being preggo, I sleep 10 hours a nightor so, and nap twice a day, for an hour or so each nap. When I do get mild excercize it just wipes me out.

I've been gluten-free for almost a year now and wondered if this had anything to do with Celiac Disease.

There's really not a lot of info out there on pregnant Celiacs who are tired, so I'm counting on your experiences and advice. Thanks! (and good night!) ;)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Twister2

Twister2

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 05:13 AM

Hey there, and welcome! I hear ya about being tired. I would love to just sleep the next few months away if I could. I have two other kids aged 3 1/3 and 1 1/2 so my naps are few and far between. I still feel pretty tired despite being gluten-free and taking vitamin B-12 shots. I wish I could tell what symptoms are pregnancy and which are Celiacs! I wish I could offer you more advice, but I thought i'd just co-sympathize with you. :)
Antibody positive, diagnosed October 2004.
Mother and two sisters with Celiacs also
Edmond, Oklahoma

#3 KayJay

KayJay

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 08:55 AM

I think more than anything that is just from being pregnant. :rolleyes: I get tired some days and others not so much. Hang in there it will pass.
gluten-free since 2004!

#4 mom2B

mom2B

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 10:18 AM

Thanks you two! I think you're right - the exhaustion is due to pregnancy and not to being celiac.

I honestly don't know how mom's do it! I can't imagine going through this with a child (or more) to look after.

P.S. -16 weeks today! Can't wait to start showing!

#5 egardner

egardner

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 07:12 AM

I'll tell ya how women do it again, even with small children. It's a phenomenon called" pregnancy amnesia", once they deliver they forget all the bad stuff and want to do it all over again! Congratulations, and pace yourself!~ ;)

#6 MommyMegan

MommyMegan

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 08:25 AM

I'm almost out of my second trimester and still waiting for the energy to come back. I've been gluten-free for nearly 5 years though so I'm pretty certain it's just the baby. The worst part is that I sleep so lousy now - constantly moving due to discomfort. I have a hard time staying asleep which makes it really tough to get enough - especially while working full time. That, combined with some other symptoms has prompted my dr. to put me on early disability. Everything with the baby is fine - they just want me to be fine as well....
The most important thing is to listen to what your body and your baby need. That will be the best guide to remaining healthy.
Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: