2 replies to this topic

#1 glutengal

glutengal

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:48 PM

For anyone interested I just thought I would let you know that per a conversation with a representative who checked and personally called me back that he claimed that all Claritin except the Reditabs are gluten free.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 IrishCeliac

IrishCeliac

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:46 AM

For anyone interested I just thought I would let you know that per a conversation with a representative who checked and personally called me back that he claimed that all Claritin except the Reditabs are gluten free.

Does anyone know if Claritin Reditabs still contain gluten, or have they been reformulated?

#3 Gemini

Gemini

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:09 AM

Does anyone know if Claritin Reditabs still contain gluten, or have they been reformulated?

I checked into this personally and was told the reason it is not gluten free was because it contains mannitol. This was from a company rep. However, I answered her back that mannitol is gluten free so why would they
say that? Never got a straight answer after that.

I have used them in the past (last summer) and never had a reaction. I am extremely sensitive and a diagnosed Celiac and react to very small amounts of gluten. I think the company has it wrong but that doesn't completely answer your question, does it? I will add that mannitol has a laxative effect so if someone does react, it could be because of that. Sorry I couldn't be of more help but that was my experience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: