This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Salt Lake City Area

Frances03

Frances03 Enthusiast

We're going to be near Taylorsville and West Valley City area for 5 to 8 nights with a family of 5, 2 of us gluten free. We will be staying in a hotel, and we'll be eating all our meals either in our room (lunch) or out at restaurants (dinner). For breakfast, the 2 of us that are gluten-free will just bring gluten-free cereal and eat that while the others eat at the hotel breakfast. I also plan to bring my toaster, so we can make toast in our room. There is a microwave and a small refrigerator. I was hoping some of you might have some suggestions as to safe places we can eat and also some stores we can shop at to get things to make in our room! I have never been to Salt Lake City before! This is a business trip for my husband. Thanks so much!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Darissa Contributor

Your in luck for buying gluten free food in Taylorsville. There is a completly gluten free grocery store in Taylorsville:

Against The Grain

2292 West 5400 South

Taylorsville, Utah 84118

Phone: (801) 955-4418

We shop there when we are in town.

We travel to SLC about 2 or 3 times a year, and here are some places we eat at while we are there. Of course you have your standard places Like ChickFilA (there was one realy close to our hotel and we ate there several times) and Outback and PFChangs. There is also a pizza place we like Pier 49 Pizza;

Here are the sites for the resturants;

Pier 49 Pizza

Open Original Shared Link

Outback - The one we visit is in Sandy, but thats not too far from Taylorsville

I haven't eaten at the ZTejas in SLC, but the ones in Phoneix are good, but limited menu.

Great place for Hamburgers and French Fries and there is one close to Taylorsville

The PFChangs we visit frequently when in SLC. It is downtown, and they always do a great job of having our meals completly gluten-free...

Also, if you are down in the Provo/Orem area, there is a good BBQ place we like..

Wallaby's Smokehouse

Hope you have a great trip. I know traveling can be daunting when trying to find gluten-free places to eat...and you want to feel good on your trip! We bought the Udi's bread at Against the Grain and kept it in our fridge at the motel and had sandwhiches alot. Also, the people at that store might be able to give you a list of the resturants in the area that have gluten free menus. When we visited last time, they gave us a list.

Have fun!

Darissa

Frances03 Enthusiast

YAY Darissa!! Thank you SO much!! I am so excited. I found out there is also a Chipotle there and I love that place so much!! You have given us a GREAT list and I am so excited to visit that store!! I have never been in a completely gluten free store!! This is going to be great fun :) Thank you VERY much for taking the time to reply!

Darissa Contributor

You might call ahead of time and check the hours of Against The Grain because they are not open like regular grocery stores. It is in a strip mall, in the corner, but easy to find. There is a lot to do in SLC, and the canyons and mountains are beautiful, so hope you enjoy your stay. Good luck!

Archived