Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Metamucil?

5 posts in this topic

In another topic someone mentioned that Metamucil is not safe to take. Is this correct?

Ads by Google:

If they make these in the same plant that they make the other products I wouldn't touch as IMHO the CC risk would be high. If you need more fiber can you slowly add more fruits and veggies to your diet instead of going with a fiber supplement?

Metamucil Wafers Ingredients

Apple Wafers: Wheat Flour, Corn Oil, Sucrose, Psyllium Husk, Fructose, Oat Hull Fiber, Brown Sugar, Corn Starch, Soy Lecithin, Cinnamon, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Molasses, Sodium Bicarbonate, Ascorbic Acid (Preservative)

Cinnamon Wafers: Wheat Flour, Corn Oil, Sucrose, Psyllium Husk, Oats, Fructose, Oat Hull Fiber, Corn Starch, Soy Lecithin, Cinnamon, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Molasses, Sodium Bicarbonate, Ascorbic Acid (Preservative)

Inactive Ingredients

Apple Wafers: Ascorbic Acid, Brown Sugar, Cinnamon, Corn Oil, Corn Starch, Fructose, Soy Lecithin, Molasses, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Oat Hull Fiber, Sodium Bicarbonate, Sucrose, Wheat Flour

Cinnamon Wafers: Ascorbic Acid, Brown Sugar, Cinnamon, Corn Oil, Corn Starch, Fructose, Soy Lecithin, Molasses, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Oat Hull Fiber, Sodium Bicarbonate, Sucrose, Wheat Flour

Active Ingredient (per dose)

Psyllium Husk, Approximately 3.4 g

oh NO! this makes me sad!!!! i hope someone triple checks OR finds another brand for psyllium that can be confirmed as gluten free! doesnt matter how good my diet- sometimes i gotta have some psyllium :(

If they make these in the same plant that they make the other products I wouldn't touch as IMHO the CC risk would be high. If you need more fiber can you slowly add more fruits and veggies to your diet instead of going with a fiber supplement?

Metamucil Wafers Ingredients

Apple Wafers: Wheat Flour, Corn Oil, Sucrose, Psyllium Husk, Fructose, Oat Hull Fiber, Brown Sugar, Corn Starch, Soy Lecithin, Cinnamon, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Molasses, Sodium Bicarbonate, Ascorbic Acid (Preservative)

Cinnamon Wafers: Wheat Flour, Corn Oil, Sucrose, Psyllium Husk, Oats, Fructose, Oat Hull Fiber, Corn Starch, Soy Lecithin, Cinnamon, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Molasses, Sodium Bicarbonate, Ascorbic Acid (Preservative)

Inactive Ingredients

Apple Wafers: Ascorbic Acid, Brown Sugar, Cinnamon, Corn Oil, Corn Starch, Fructose, Soy Lecithin, Molasses, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Oat Hull Fiber, Sodium Bicarbonate, Sucrose, Wheat Flour

Cinnamon Wafers: Ascorbic Acid, Brown Sugar, Cinnamon, Corn Oil, Corn Starch, Fructose, Soy Lecithin, Molasses, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Oat Hull Fiber, Sodium Bicarbonate, Sucrose, Wheat Flour

Active Ingredient (per dose)

Psyllium Husk, Approximately 3.4 g

What about MiraLax? I am not sure it is considered a fiber or just a laxative but I think it is save to use on a regular basis.

Metamucil is safe and gluten free. I called them a while back. But you can call again to ease your mind.