19 replies to this topic

#16 miles

miles

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 04:17 AM

The bread I got from TJís was awful, donít remember the brand.

Try this to find Udiís http://udisglutenfree.com/stores

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 TrickyMama

TrickyMama

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 09:43 PM

The Trader Joes on the west coast only have Food For Life bread and it feels like a brick. I know. I checked yesterday. Their gluten-free list online sYs they have more, including gluten-free bagels on the east coast. So there you go. Apparently we west coasters don't like bagels??? Grrr...oh well, they do have the best olive hummus around and so I guess I will work on forgiveness for the little bagel issue.

#18 Ginsou

Ginsou

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 04:36 PM

I agree that Udi's is the best. All others I've tried are basically inedible IMO. Having said that, I don't think it's as good as it was the first time I had it. Don't know if that is a result of them ramping up production to satisfy demand or what? It seems drier and less soft, with a tougher crust.

I agree with you 100%...I thought perhaps I was the only one who noticed the "change" in Udi's bread. I started buying it 2 years ago in the Denver area, and the past year, since they have gone nationwide, it is not as soft and some loaves I have purchased seem a bit stale, even tho the bread was purchased frozen and had a 6 month frozen shelf life date on it. The bread has a 5 day "on the counter" shelf life, yet I have seen it being sold in a supermarket in an unfrozen state with a 1 month shelf life date on it. Something definitely has changed in the formula, and although I still buy it, I find myself still trying bread recipes.

#19 Neal77

Neal77

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 06:40 PM

When I was at Whole Foods they had Udi's bread out on the shelf with the other breads.

#20 MelindaLee

MelindaLee

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 06:24 PM

I tried the search function for this but couldn't find what I was looking for, so sorry if this should be somewhere else, or if you've answered it a thousand times already! I am wondering if there are any store-bought breads you would recommend. The few I've tried are DREADFUL to say the least, so I've just given up on eating bread. But I miss sandwiches!

I've seen some bread recipes here that look good, but until I have a chance to stock up on all those ingredients, I'd love any recommendations you may have. Thank you!

I was just on the Udi's website yesterday and they have a $1 off coupon! It is the best I have found. I'm bugging my local store to carry more of their products! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: