Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Newest Food Network Star Going Gluten Free

5 posts in this topic

Hello All:

I rarely follow cooking shows ... they make me too uncomfortable too squirmy ...

But the latest Food Newtwork star is named Aarti Sequeria and she makes food with an Indian flair and I was SOOOOOOO happy she won because she is very talented and Indian food is my

all time favorite cuisine to cook at home.

I found this on her blog today. Her first episode of her cooking show was on today.

Turns out she's not celiac but gluten gives her tremendous problems so now her cooking is even closer to my heart.

One of her recipes is for quinoa porridge:

http://www.aartipaarti.com/2010/05/11/going-gluten-free/

And her blog recipe is also very entertaining and I thought some of you might enjoy it very much.

I liked her first show - she made pistachio kulfi pops ... and made it very easy to follow.

She also made a kale salad with mangoes, gorgeous!!

And not so interesting to me were her sloppy bombay joes (turkey with a kind of tikka masala sauce) on buns.

Anyhow I wanted to share. I hope to follow this show for some time to come and see what else she comes up with.

Namaste, everyone!

~Allison

Ads by Google:

Hello All:

I rarely follow cooking shows ... they make me too uncomfortable too squirmy ...

But the latest Food Newtwork star is named Aarti Sequeria and she makes food with an Indian flair and I was SOOOOOOO happy she won because she is very talented and Indian food is my

all time favorite cuisine to cook at home.

I found this on her blog today. Her first episode of her cooking show was on today.

Turns out she's not celiac but gluten gives her tremendous problems so now her cooking is even closer to my heart.

One of her recipes is for quinoa porridge:

http://www.aartipaarti.com/2010/05/11/going-gluten-free/

And her blog recipe is also very entertaining and I thought some of you might enjoy it very much.

I liked her first show - she made pistachio kulfi pops ... and made it very easy to follow.

She also made a kale salad with mangoes, gorgeous!!

And not so interesting to me were her sloppy bombay joes (turkey with a kind of tikka masala sauce) on buns.

Anyhow I wanted to share. I hope to follow this show for some time to come and see what else she comes up with.

Namaste, everyone!

~Allison

e

I love her and I did follow the show. She was my favorite, I didn't know about the gluten-free! I haven't seen her show yet. I'm a foodtv junkie, but since going gluten-free it's been bittersweet. Thanks for posting this.

I know what you mean by bittersweet but no sadness withe this show.

Hopefully she will show case some gluten-free stuff and make more people aware of it!!

Hearing that she has problems with gluten made me immediately raise both eyebrows. She took a bite of the regular bun she put her sloppy joes on.

I actually made the sloppy joes for dinner since I had everything except the serrano chile on hand.

It was good overall, and I'll make it again, but I had to double the garam masala in the sauce, as well as add some salt. I also had to add some cilantro and another teaspoon of garam masala to the turkey mixture as well. It definitely needed the serrano, a bit of heat would have been welcome.

laura

She was my favorite! Too bad her show is on at a bad time for us to watch. Hopefully they will air the repeats at another time.