#1 AlysounRI

AlysounRI

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 02:35 PM

Hello All:

I rarely follow cooking shows ... they make me too uncomfortable too squirmy ...
But the latest Food Newtwork star is named Aarti Sequeria and she makes food with an Indian flair and I was SOOOOOOO happy she won because she is very talented and Indian food is my
all time favorite cuisine to cook at home.

I found this on her blog today. Her first episode of her cooking show was on today.
Turns out she's not celiac but gluten gives her tremendous problems so now her cooking is even closer to my heart.
One of her recipes is for quinoa porridge:

http://www.aartipaar...ng-gluten-free/

And her blog recipe is also very entertaining and I thought some of you might enjoy it very much.

I liked her first show - she made pistachio kulfi pops ... and made it very easy to follow.
She also made a kale salad with mangoes, gorgeous!!
And not so interesting to me were her sloppy bombay joes (turkey with a kind of tikka masala sauce) on buns.

Anyhow I wanted to share. I hope to follow this show for some time to come and see what else she comes up with.

Namaste, everyone!
~Allison
Long history of IBS, and stomach/intestinal problems. Low on iron for all of my life.
Low on energy, with aches and pains in my joints and in my whole body for as long as I can remember.
Mostly lactose intolerant for all of my life (except for yoghurt)
Diagnosed in 2003 by naturapath as wheat intolerant. Tried it then fell of the wagon. In Feb. 2010 tried going gluten-free.
Went back to the poison in March, 2010.
Tested negative for celiac in April, 2010 (based on negative biopsy and normal tTG test). IgA tested 30-40 percent higher than normal.
Not going to fight the diagnosis because I refuse to go back to the poison. Happily gluten-free for health reasons as of April 2010, and not looking back.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 CarolinaKip

CarolinaKip

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 03:44 PM

Hello All:

I rarely follow cooking shows ... they make me too uncomfortable too squirmy ...
But the latest Food Newtwork star is named Aarti Sequeria and she makes food with an Indian flair and I was SOOOOOOO happy she won because she is very talented and Indian food is my
all time favorite cuisine to cook at home.

I found this on her blog today. Her first episode of her cooking show was on today.
Turns out she's not celiac but gluten gives her tremendous problems so now her cooking is even closer to my heart.
One of her recipes is for quinoa porridge:

http://www.aartipaar...ng-gluten-free/

And her blog recipe is also very entertaining and I thought some of you might enjoy it very much.

I liked her first show - she made pistachio kulfi pops ... and made it very easy to follow.
She also made a kale salad with mangoes, gorgeous!!
And not so interesting to me were her sloppy bombay joes (turkey with a kind of tikka masala sauce) on buns.

Anyhow I wanted to share. I hope to follow this show for some time to come and see what else she comes up with.

Namaste, everyone!
~Allison

e

I love her and I did follow the show. She was my favorite, I didn't know about the gluten-free! I haven't seen her show yet. I'm a foodtv junkie, but since going gluten-free it's been bittersweet. Thanks for posting this.
How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.
George Washington Carver

Blood work positive 4/10
Endo biopsy positive 5/10
Gluten free 5/10

#3 AlysounRI

AlysounRI

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 03:54 PM

I know what you mean by bittersweet but no sadness withe this show.
Hopefully she will show case some gluten-free stuff and make more people aware of it!!
Long history of IBS, and stomach/intestinal problems. Low on iron for all of my life.
Low on energy, with aches and pains in my joints and in my whole body for as long as I can remember.
Mostly lactose intolerant for all of my life (except for yoghurt)
Diagnosed in 2003 by naturapath as wheat intolerant. Tried it then fell of the wagon. In Feb. 2010 tried going gluten-free.
Went back to the poison in March, 2010.
Tested negative for celiac in April, 2010 (based on negative biopsy and normal tTG test). IgA tested 30-40 percent higher than normal.
Not going to fight the diagnosis because I refuse to go back to the poison. Happily gluten-free for health reasons as of April 2010, and not looking back.

#4 halfrunner

halfrunner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:03 PM

Hearing that she has problems with gluten made me immediately raise both eyebrows. She took a bite of the regular bun she put her sloppy joes on.

I actually made the sloppy joes for dinner since I had everything except the serrano chile on hand.

It was good overall, and I'll make it again, but I had to double the garam masala in the sauce, as well as add some salt. I also had to add some cilantro and another teaspoon of garam masala to the turkey mixture as well. It definitely needed the serrano, a bit of heat would have been welcome.

laura
Some people merely follow their dreams. Other people hunt them down and beat them into submission.

#5 Juliebove

Juliebove

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 12:51 AM

She was my favorite! Too bad her show is on at a bad time for us to watch. Hopefully they will air the repeats at another time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: