1 reply to this topic

#1 'lynrn

'lynrn

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 10:30 AM

Just came home from the grocery store after searching through cans of soups. Hidden in with the Mexican food section I found Heinz brand Cream of Tomato...made with corn starch instead of flour. I haven't eaten it yet to get a reaction but this was one of the few cans I saw that didn't have wheat flour as an ingredient. I had been looking for Progresso a I had read somewhere that some of their cream soups were gluten free but my local store didn't carry any of their concentrates. If this turns out to be safe it is a real plus. I am new to this and do cook just about everything from fresh and scratch. Living alone, a few short cuts would be nice!!!Does anyone know if this is a safe product?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,769 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 03:23 PM

I don't know if it is the same stuff but at my local grocery store in the Imported food section that has food made in England they have a Heinz tomato soup that is gluten free. I haven't had it in a while though. Is there a phone number or website on the can? If there is I would call and check it.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: