Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Bake In The Oven Chicken Risotto

12 posts in this topic

Most Italians would call this recipe a blasphemy.

Risotto should be cooked slowly in the old Italian tradition.

Basically a naturally Gluten Free recipe (but check your chicken stock)

No standing over a pot continuously stirring, makes for a nice change.

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/5060/oven+baked+chicken+risotto+gluten+free

Ads by Google:

you should own a restaurant! all your stuff always looks delish!!!!

David,

I translated this to midwestAmericam made this just now. Delish! Hub is just finishing his second serving. Fortunately, he saved me some for my lunch tomorrow.

I added garlic. We thought that some lightly cooked asparagus would be good added at the end. Also without chicken, it is an easy way to make risotto as a side for alot of people.

Thanks.

David,

I translated this to midwestAmericam made this just now. Delish! Hub is just finishing his second serving. Fortunately, he saved me some for my lunch tomorrow.

I added garlic. We thought that some lightly cooked asparagus would be good added at the end. Also without chicken, it is an easy way to make risotto as a side for alot of people.

Thanks.

Karen--how much rice and broth did you use? I got all the stuff to make this last night at the grocery store--it sounds really tasty. I figure you could save me the step of looking up the measure equivilants :P

Amercian translation:

1 large onion is more likely what we think of as medium

3.3 tbsp butter

2 1/4 cups rice

1/4 cup wine

Chicken stock 44 oz. ( my 2 cup measure has litters. Just measured 2 1/4 cups is 1/2 litre

Parm 3,3 tbsp

This is a very forgiving recipe. A little more or less butter or parm is fine. I just cut up some jarred roasted red pepers and used as much as you like on each serving. When he says to pour everything together not the red peps or spinach. Garnished with red pep, more parm and more basil. I also added some garlic.

I

Amercian translation:

Thanks hun :D

this sounds amazing, definitely going to try it

That looks great. Thanks for the translation into our irrational American measures, Karen! Do you think it would work in a rice cooker too?

I ended up making this tonight for dinner--absolutely delicious! My husband had two helpings also, Karen :D

I wanted to use one carton of Pacific broth, so I used a cup and a half of rice and the whole carton of broth (4 cups). Worked out perfectly, and the cooking time was right on.

Instead of the baby spinach leaves, I made steamed spinach with olive oil and garlic.

I will definitely make this again!

I've never used a rice cooker. Does it usually work for risotto? It's a lot of liquid but it soaked up & cooked off in the oven nicely. So as not to have 2 pans to clean, I just put the first pan with the butter, etc into the oven.

I've never done risotto without the stirring on the stovetop. This is the first I knew you could cook it and get the right texture in the oven.

How do you live without a rice cooker? I got one within two weeks of figuring out I couldn't eat wheat any more. :lol:

So as not to have 2 pans to clean, I just put the first pan with the butter, etc into the oven.

Me too! I used a heavy casserole that is safe for oven or stove top.

This is the first time I've done risotto in the the oven and without all the stirring, and it worked out nicely especially since we just moved and I used the oven time to do other things :P . Finishing in the oven at 325 made the chicken nice and tender.

I've never used a rice cooker--just a heavy stainless pan. I put in twice as much liquid as rice, a little salt if I'm not using broth, bring to a boil, lower heat to simmer, simmer (covered) 20 minutes for white, 40 minutes for brown. Turn off heat and let sit for 5 minutes. Always perfect.