This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Bake In The Oven Chicken Risotto

irish daveyboy

irish daveyboy Community Regular

Most Italians would call this recipe a blasphemy.

Risotto should be cooked slowly in the old Italian tradition.

Basically a naturally Gluten Free recipe (but check your chicken stock)

No standing over a pot continuously stirring, makes for a nice change.

Open Original Shared Link

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

cassP Contributor

you should own a restaurant! all your stuff always looks delish!!!!

kareng Grand Master

David,

I translated this to midwestAmericam made this just now. Delish! Hub is just finishing his second serving. Fortunately, he saved me some for my lunch tomorrow.

I added garlic. We thought that some lightly cooked asparagus would be good added at the end. Also without chicken, it is an easy way to make risotto as a side for alot of people.

Thanks.

jerseyangel Proficient

David,

I translated this to midwestAmericam made this just now. Delish! Hub is just finishing his second serving. Fortunately, he saved me some for my lunch tomorrow.

I added garlic. We thought that some lightly cooked asparagus would be good added at the end. Also without chicken, it is an easy way to make risotto as a side for alot of people.

Thanks.

Karen--how much rice and broth did you use? I got all the stuff to make this last night at the grocery store--it sounds really tasty. I figure you could save me the step of looking up the measure equivilants :P

kareng Grand Master

Amercian translation:

1 large onion is more likely what we think of as medium

3.3 tbsp butter

2 1/4 cups rice

1/4 cup wine

Chicken stock 44 oz. ( my 2 cup measure has litters. Just measured 2 1/4 cups is 1/2 litre

Parm 3,3 tbsp

This is a very forgiving recipe. A little more or less butter or parm is fine. I just cut up some jarred roasted red pepers and used as much as you like on each serving. When he says to pour everything together not the red peps or spinach. Garnished with red pep, more parm and more basil. I also added some garlic.

I

jerseyangel Proficient

Amercian translation:

Thanks hun :D

Mike7 Newbie

this sounds amazing, definitely going to try it

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Skylark Collaborator

That looks great. Thanks for the translation into our irrational American measures, Karen! Do you think it would work in a rice cooker too?

jerseyangel Proficient

I ended up making this tonight for dinner--absolutely delicious! My husband had two helpings also, Karen :D

I wanted to use one carton of Pacific broth, so I used a cup and a half of rice and the whole carton of broth (4 cups). Worked out perfectly, and the cooking time was right on.

Instead of the baby spinach leaves, I made steamed spinach with olive oil and garlic.

I will definitely make this again!

kareng Grand Master

I've never used a rice cooker. Does it usually work for risotto? It's a lot of liquid but it soaked up & cooked off in the oven nicely. So as not to have 2 pans to clean, I just put the first pan with the butter, etc into the oven.

Skylark Collaborator

I've never done risotto without the stirring on the stovetop. This is the first I knew you could cook it and get the right texture in the oven.

How do you live without a rice cooker? I got one within two weeks of figuring out I couldn't eat wheat any more. :lol:

jerseyangel Proficient

So as not to have 2 pans to clean, I just put the first pan with the butter, etc into the oven.

Me too! I used a heavy casserole that is safe for oven or stove top.

This is the first time I've done risotto in the the oven and without all the stirring, and it worked out nicely especially since we just moved and I used the oven time to do other things :P . Finishing in the oven at 325 made the chicken nice and tender.

I've never used a rice cooker--just a heavy stainless pan. I put in twice as much liquid as rice, a little salt if I'm not using broth, bring to a boil, lower heat to simmer, simmer (covered) 20 minutes for white, 40 minutes for brown. Turn off heat and let sit for 5 minutes. Always perfect.

Archived