This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Just Need To Vent!

S<3

S<3 Rookie

This weekend I decided that after months of being gluten free I could treat myself to a gluteny feast. Why? Because i'm an absoulte IDIOT! I am soooo sick, My face is a broken out mess, and i just want to cry! Ugh, I hate having to check the ingridents in EVERYTHING! Why don't they make a gluten free face lotion for 15 dollars? I am really not happy right now!!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Charlie's Girl Apprentice

The good news is- you can go gluten free again and you never need to test yourself again!

I have seen several posts here about face lotion. I believe many people like Neutrogena, Dove, and Garnier products. Do a search and you will see others have posted the same query. Email the companies if the thread is old. Products sometimes change their formulas. All of those companies offer coupons and you can find them with an easy internet search.

Feel better.

ravenwoodglass Mentor

Well now you know you don't want to do that again. There are reasonable priced skin care products that are gluten free. I use the Garneir line. Do read the labels but if gluten is in there they will list it. If you ask in the products section about cosmetics and toiletries you will get responses from others as to what they use.

Don't beat yourself up about the gluten binge. You learned something from it. It may take some time for the reaction to go away but go away it will.

kayo Explorer

I use Avon. It does remind me of my grandmother but their products are great, inexpensive and many, if not most, are gluten free. I use their lotions, body wash, and glazewear lip gloss.

SGWhiskers Collaborator

You're not the first person to have made that mistake. I hope you feel better soon. Tylenol and benadryl help me get through the worst of the pain for the first few days. (I don't really have GI issues). Stay hydrated and when you are feeling better, find the gluten-free cinnamon sugar donuts in the freezer section. I can't remember the brand, but the box is white with maybe blue lettering.

Adjusting to the diet is hard emotionally. Occassional breakdowns are part of the process.

Monklady123 Collaborator

Yes to what everyone said. The only thing I have to disagree with is what SGWhiskers said about the cinnamon sugar donuts. Go for the chocolate ones. B)

(just call me Ms. Chocoholic)... ;)

Skylark Collaborator

The donuts are Kinnikinnick. Yum!

Hope you feel better soon. Kind of the gluten equivalent of a weekend of binge drinking, eh? :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

SGWhiskers Collaborator

Yes to what everyone said. The only thing I have to disagree with is what SGWhiskers said about the cinnamon sugar donuts. Go for the chocolate ones. B)

(just call me Ms. Chocoholic)... ;)

Oooh! There's chocolate :D

aderifield Apprentice

I'm so sorry you made that mistake so that I don't have to. Feel better soon.

S<3 Rookie

They make gluten free donuts? Where have I been. The only gluten free sweets i've found are ginger snaps, which i'm not crazy about. Where can i find them? :) I just went to an Avon store this past Saturday and was told everything was made with gluten to get it consistency. What products do you use? I love Avon's makeup!

kareng Grand Master

They make gluten free donuts? Where have I been. The only gluten free sweets i've found are ginger snaps, which i'm not crazy about. Where can i find them? :) I just went to an Avon store this past Saturday and was told everything was made with gluten to get it consistency. What products do you use? I love Avon's makeup!

With Avon, I find that the people who sell it don't know the gluten status. I emailed Avon about the specific items I was looking at and they answered.

sandsurfgirl Collaborator

You need to get to a Sprouts or Whole Foods. You could gain 200 pounds on all the gluten free sweets and junk food out there. Glutino has some great ones. There are a version of Oreos even. And Betty Crocker has great gluten free mixes for chocolate chip cookies, brownies, chocolate cake and yellow cake. Glutino wafer cookies are SOOOO yummy!

Dixiebell Contributor

Dixiebell Contributor

If you go to AVON's website and choose the item you are interested in, they have 'larger image', 'ingredients list', 'wish list' under the item. Hope this helps.

GirlScout Newbie

Sorry to hear that you are suffering right now. I hate it when I decide (half heartedly) not to pay close attention to ingredients and end up suffering the consequences. Hang in there!

I didn't know there could be problems with lotions and makeup? I always had problems finding a cleanser that would not make me breakout with ezcema on my face until I tried Aloette Cosmetics. It's the only one (so far) that I like that doesn't cause that problem. I've never checked the ingredients, but would it actually say "gluten" or is it a "hidden gluten" word? I find that I will get these teeny-tiny pimple like bumps on me if I don't use the right body soap. Thanks & take care

adab8ca Enthusiast

Living in Canada, we don't get the same gluten-free foods (ie Betty Crocker gluten-free brownies)

I had a dream last night that I ate a do-nut and now I want one SO badly....I am < 2 weeks gluten-free and haven't had any cravings yet but that dream made me nuts!

Skylark Collaborator

Living in Canada, we don't get the same gluten-free foods (ie Betty Crocker gluten-free brownies)

I had a dream last night that I ate a do-nut and now I want one SO badly....I am < 2 weeks gluten-free and haven't had any cravings yet but that dream made me nuts!

Kinnikinnick (who makes the donuts) is a Canadian company!

kayo Explorer

I use the 'Skin So Soft' lotions and 'Naturals' body wash and lotion. I like the 'Glazewear' lip gloss. Just double check the ingredients as they can change. They're listed on the website. I haven't had any issues and I'm prone to eczema, psoriasis and KP.

Coolclimates Collaborator

Tell me about it! I get so tired of the sky high prices of all the products and having to explain my problems over and over to people who just "don't get it." On top of that, my doctors are treating me like I'm a hypochondriac now. I feel so frustrated.

Archived