20 replies to this topic

#1 Sheely

Sheely

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 07:23 AM

Ugh do I feel horrible. I had to take off from work today, I feel so bad. All day yesterday, I was really, really tired, and could barely function at work. Last night I started to feel really bloated, and even more tired. I woke up in the middle of the night with sharp, stabbing pains in the pit of my stomach, and kept feeling like I was going to throw up. This lasted through the night, then this morning came the diarrhea. The stomach pain is still there, and I still feel very nauseous. I tried to eat a gluten-free cookie, but as soon as I did, my stomach started to hurt even worse.

I don't know if I accidentally ate gluten, or if this is a stomach virus. I know my father wasn't feeling well on Sunday, and he had symptoms of a stomach virus. I guess you don't really know for sure, you just treat them both the same way.

Sheila

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 rmmadden

rmmadden

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 07:28 AM

Sheila,

Either way it's no fun :( (I feel lousy today, too). Hopefully we'll get over this soon and enjoy some sunshine.

Best of Luck!
Cleveland Bob B)
"Dreams Are What The Future Is Made Of"

Endoscopy & Blood Work Positive.....
gluten-free Since December 2004.....
Soy Intolerant August 2007......

#3 Guest_Viola_*

Guest_Viola_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2005 - 07:31 AM

Yes, you do pretty much treat them both the same way. Since I was diagnosed I have had very few stomach viruses ... guess 98% of the ones before was celiac disease. Come to think of it, I also get less colds. I think perhaps because we are absorbing more protective vitamins.

#4 Carriefaith

Carriefaith

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 07:48 AM

It is really hard to tell sometimes. if you have fever it is probably a virus.
Carrie Faith

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease in March 2004
Postitive tTg Blood Test, December 2003
Positive Biopsy, March 3, 2004

#5 mela14

mela14

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 10:39 AM

I had it 2 weeks ago and thought it was gluten but then wound up getting a fever of 101. Needless to say i spent 3 days in bed feeling awful. Now i feel like I am getting a relapse. At first I thought it was gluten but now have fever blisters coming out on my upper lip. I'm thinking it's probably viral. either way.........gotta rest and wait it out.
take good care of yourself..........hope you feel better soon!
Mel
mela14@optonline.net

10 years of abdominal problems, incorrectly diagnosed with Endometriosis / suffered 7 surgeries. Total hysterectomy 2 years ago!
Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue, Interstitial Cystitis ,IBS, Migraines, Primary Immune Deficiency to name a few. Finally realizing that food intolerances make them all worse!

#6 stef_the_kicking_cuty

stef_the_kicking_cuty

Stef and Luke

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 07:35 PM

I had a real bad headache the night from sunday to monday, too. And then, monday morning, I had a real bad "D". Then it was gone (at least that's what I thought). Today now, I have the headache again. There seems to be a bad virus going around. Other non-celiac people in our Y had that, too. <_<
Stef

Next goals:
Results for 2011:
1x PA State Champ (I defended my title in pointfighting) and also again Grand Champion in pointfighting
August 20-27: Karate and Kickboxing World Championships in Germany (my homecountry)
gluten-free since 07/21/2004
Shermans Dale, PA

#7 mela14

mela14

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 04:49 AM

well..it's official......I've got the flu!
I tied to fight it off yesterday and went out all day but this morning it hit around 5:00 am. The whole body is screaming! head, muscles, fever blister, tummy.......getting out of bed and walking is an effort.
ok...gotta go back to bed and rest. taking tylenol helps.
Mel
mela14@optonline.net

10 years of abdominal problems, incorrectly diagnosed with Endometriosis / suffered 7 surgeries. Total hysterectomy 2 years ago!
Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue, Interstitial Cystitis ,IBS, Migraines, Primary Immune Deficiency to name a few. Finally realizing that food intolerances make them all worse!

#8 zoe

zoe

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 07:46 AM

Hi,

I am desperate for any info on dealing with gluten contamination - I react pretty severely (IBS type symptoms, bloat, headache, fatigue, insomnia) and am currently in the throes of gluten as I have been giving it to my 9.5 month old for his first celiac disease screen. I have been sick for most of the past two months and would love to know of any tips for facilitating recovery-

Thanks!!

#9 mela14

mela14

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 10:59 AM

you have to give it time but the bottom line is that you'll only feel better once you stop eating gluten. Hang in there!
Mel
mela14@optonline.net

#10 zoe

zoe

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 11:51 AM

I actually have been completely gluten-free for 3.5 yrs - I have only recently been getting sick (through contact with my son - despite head-to-toe washing after meals - and I would rather get sick than not let him give me kisses). I was hoping for advice on easing symptoms but it looks like it is just a waiting game...and no more gluten for Jack until his next celiac screening (first one was negative!!)

Thanks!
Zoe

#11 stef_the_kicking_cuty

stef_the_kicking_cuty

Stef and Luke

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 08:00 PM

Something's going on with me, too, here. Again slightly "D". I don't get it. I was fine for a couple of days now... Let's see where this leads to now...
Stef

Next goals:
Results for 2011:
1x PA State Champ (I defended my title in pointfighting) and also again Grand Champion in pointfighting
August 20-27: Karate and Kickboxing World Championships in Germany (my homecountry)
Shermans Dale, PA

#12 zoe

zoe

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 05:24 PM

Stef-

Hope you're feeling better. I always know when its gluten poisoning (vs. flu) as I get super tired, dizzy, a puffy tummy, and (not to be gross) lots of mucous with lots of bathroom trips. If it is the gluten, hope you can trace the source-

Take care,
Zoe

#13 stef_the_kicking_cuty

stef_the_kicking_cuty

Stef and Luke

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 08:19 PM

Hi zoe,

I don't think it was gluten. Cause today I'm fine suddenly. I had to sneeze one time this morning, but that was it pretty much for being sick. I'm wearing a sweater the entire day already though. I can't tell, if the weather really is a little colder or if it's me. I think I'm going crazy... <_<

I hope you are feeling better Mel?
Stef

Next goals:
Results for 2011:
Shermans Dale, PA

#14 mela14

mela14

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 05:31 AM

Hi Stef.

It got cold here too in NJ. with me though it's a terrible flu. walking is an effort....all my muscles are screaming and I can't keep my head up...it is pounding. lot's of sneezing and a sore throat. i just can't seem to shake it but i won't take any meds besides tylenol for it as I know it is viral! I got one of those fever blisters above my lip!
oh well........more resting for me today....can't do much of anything else.
glad you are feeling better! :D
Mel
mela14@optonline.net

#15 stef_the_kicking_cuty

stef_the_kicking_cuty

Stef and Luke

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 07:01 PM

Yep, it's definitely gone. Whatever that was. I hope yours will be gone soon, too.
Stef

Next goals:
Results for 2011:
Shermans Dale, PA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: