#16 mela14

mela14

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 05:32 AM

Thanks,

still struggling though. whenver i get a bad virus it affects my fibromylagia and puts me in a flare. I feel like a mack truck ran me over! let's pray it dosn't last toooooooooooo long!
Mel
mela14@optonline.net

10 years of abdominal problems, incorrectly diagnosed with Endometriosis / suffered 7 surgeries. Total hysterectomy 2 years ago!
Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue, Interstitial Cystitis ,IBS, Migraines, Primary Immune Deficiency to name a few. Finally realizing that food intolerances make them all worse!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Sheely

Sheely

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 07:13 AM

Thanks,

still struggling though. whenver i get a bad virus it affects my fibromylagia and puts me in a flare. I feel like a mack truck ran me over! let's pray it dosn't last toooooooooooo long!

Mel, I hope you're feeling better today! If you don't mind my asking, I saw in your signature that you were misdiagnosed with endometriosis. How did they misdiagnose you? Didn't they do an abdominal lap? Did you have the total hysterectomy because of that?

Sheila
Maryland

#18 mela14

mela14

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 10:15 AM

They did a lap and accidentally severed an artery while they were in there which led to an emergency laporotomy. Everything happened so fast that I never questioned whether they found endo or not. Later....after many laps to repair the damage that was done during that surgery because of severe abdominal and pelvic adhesions....I was able to retrieve all my surgical reports and read ALL the pathology reports. All were negative for endo. I had surgery done by 2 of the top endo drs in THE WORLD and both said that they did not see any endo nor did they think that endo was the real problem. they both felt that it was GI and bladder related.
When I would go into the gyn's office and complain of pain, distention and fatigue they would say that it was endo. After they severed my artery they put me on Lupron to quiet things down and I felt a little better. But...then again I was not ovulating which was another problem for me as I formed large ovarian cysts. So...I think it was a lot of things but....knowing what I know now....my problems then were NOT endo related. I've had life long bladder problems and the diagnosis of Interstitial Cystitis did not come until a few years ago. I was also suffering with gluten intolerance but tht word was not even part of my vocabulary at the time and doctors never mentioned anything of the sort to me. Could the abdominal distention be a GI clue or pelvic pain be a bladder suspiscion????? you bet.....but I was told it was "little islands of endo flaring up!"
Having said that I am still suffering daily with bladder pain.

As for the hysterectomy???? the adhesions were so bad that everything was stuck to my uterus. I could not have bowel movements without having excruciating pain for days. It was horrific! My new gyn thought that I could also have adenomyosis which is endo in the walls of the uterus and the only treatment for that was removing the uterus. I was so digusted and in sooooo much pain that I just wanted everything out.
OH....the pathaology report for the adenomyosis of the uterus (after the hysterectomy) was also negative but they covered themselves by saying they could have just biopsied and area that did not have it as opposed to taking a biopsy of an area that had it.

After the hysterectomy the adhesions came back anyway and I needed another 2 surgeries. I think I am finally adhesions free. i traveled to Germany July 2004 to have adhesion surgery by a world famous dr who uses a technique and Barrier Gel that is not approved for gyn use in this country. I'ts almost a year and they haven't grown back. I feel quite hopeful that they are gone for good!
things aren't always back and white. I guess I learned the hard way. :(
Mel
mela14@optonline.net

10 years of abdominal problems, incorrectly diagnosed with Endometriosis / suffered 7 surgeries. Total hysterectomy 2 years ago!
Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue, Interstitial Cystitis ,IBS, Migraines, Primary Immune Deficiency to name a few. Finally realizing that food intolerances make them all worse!

#19 Sheely

Sheely

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 01:37 PM

Oh gosh, that's horrible, you've been through so much! I'm glad things seem to be stable now. I hope it stays that way!

Sheila

#20 stef_the_kicking_cuty

stef_the_kicking_cuty

Stef and Luke

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 08:19 PM

Wow :o this is a lot. I really do hope you feel better soon. This is awfull!
Stef

Next goals:
Results for 2011:
1x PA State Champ (I defended my title in pointfighting) and also again Grand Champion in pointfighting
August 20-27: Karate and Kickboxing World Championships in Germany (my homecountry)
gluten-free since 07/21/2004
Shermans Dale, PA

#21 mela14

mela14

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 04:41 PM

thanks guys! coming along very slowly.....things take forever to get better....as soon as I get my strength back form this bug I have to drive to Philly for a bladder instillation............... ;)
Mel
mela14@optonline.net

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: