This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Anyone Have A Costco gluten-free List?

jasonD2

jasonD2 Experienced

im obsessed with that place :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Skylark Collaborator

Off the top of my head...

Big bags of organic corn chips

Crunchmaster Rice Crackers

Pirate's Booty

Delimex frozen taquitos

Progresso Clam Chowder

Kirkland canned chicken breast

Cattle Drive chicken chili (no gluten ingreds.)

Mrs. May's Nut Crunch Bars

Orchard Bars

bags of Mrs. May's Nut Crunch

Kirkland Brand Pulled Pork (good with Sweet Baby Ray's Barbecue Sauce)

Lots of normal grocery store foods like olives and three bean salad or the big containers of artichoke hearts are naturally gluten-free. I've also gotten sausages in the deli section, big blocks of cheese, and all the great produce of course.

That's all that comes to mind. Yes, I shop at Costco a lot. B)

Kim27 Contributor

I asked at my costco for a listing of items & they said they didn't have anything like that

NorthernElf Enthusiast

Yesterday I bought a huge bag of Food Should Taste Good Multi grain chips...never saw them there before. They also carry Riceworks chips.

I buy Freybe or Grimm's sausage and ham there - sometimes they have European weiners. Chorizio sausage is very good but very greasy...most of the others aren't so greasy. I have also bought chicken patties & sausage by the Loony Spoons ladies (maybe Canada only?) - they weren't very good - very over spiced.

I buy brown rice, Pacific broth, quinoa, nut bars (can't remember the brand), and more,....all say gluten-free. It can be hit or miss in Costco as to what they have at any one time.

Real excited about the Food Should Taste Good chips - hard to find in Canada & they won't ship here (emailed them the other day).

luvs2eat Collaborator

Kirkland's smoked pulled pork at Costco is DELICIOUS!!!

missy'smom Collaborator

Kirkland Turkey Burger Patties(the natural flavoring" is rosemary oil)

Brother's All Natural Fruit Crisps

Riceworks chips

Pacific Chicken Broth

Trident Salmon Burger Patties

Columbus deli sliced turkey breast meat

olive oil

Naked Nuggets(chicken)

Bell and Evans breaded chicken tenders

Coleman's Beef franks

Hebrew National franks

once upon a time, I found large tubs of Earthbalance "margarine" for the same price as the regular tubs

Jones all natural breakfast sausage links

Kirkland canned albacore tuna and canned chicken breast chunks

Organicville Sesame Teriyaki marinade

jasonD2 Experienced

i heard the ricework chips make people sick?

what kind of corn chips are safe at costco (i.e. free of cc)?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

MelindaLee Contributor

Off the top of my head...

Pirate's Booty

Delimex frozen taquitos

Progresso Clam Chowder

Orchard Bars

Lots of normal grocery store foods like olives and three bean salad or the big containers of artichoke hearts are naturally gluten-free. I've also gotten sausages in the deli section, big blocks of cheese, and all the great produce of course.

That's all that comes to mind. Yes, I shop at Costco a lot. B)

OK, I just have to ask...What is Pirate's Booty???

MelindaLee Contributor

Yesterday I bought a huge bag of Food Should Taste Good Multi grain chips...never saw them there before. They also carry Riceworks chips.

I buy Freybe or Grimm's sausage and ham there - sometimes they have European weiners. Chorizio sausage is very good but very greasy...most of the others aren't so greasy. I have also bought chicken patties & sausage by the Loony Spoons ladies (maybe Canada only?) - they weren't very good - very over spiced.

I buy brown rice, Pacific broth, quinoa, nut bars (can't remember the brand), and more,....all say gluten-free. It can be hit or miss in Costco as to what they have at any one time.

Real excited about the Food Should Taste Good chips - hard to find in Canada & they won't ship here (emailed them the other day).

I had their corn chips with Flax....AWESOME!!!

Skylark Collaborator

OK, I just have to ask...What is Pirate's Booty???

Natural cheddar flavored corn puffs, sort of like Cheetos that don't turn your fingers orange. Gluten-free and yummy! Open Original Shared Link

I don't know about CC on the corn chips at Costco. I buy the organic Kirkland ones and haven't had any trouble. I worry more about GMO corn than CC in corn chips myself. I have not gotten sick from Riceworks. (Crosses fingers.)

T.H. Community Regular

Yeah, sadly, they don't make a list themselves, we've gotta make our own, sigh.

Gluten free stuff:

Tasty Bite meals - boxed quick-to-make Indian food. Comes in packs of 3 or 4 as I recall.

Frito lay lists which of its chips are gluten-free on its site, although it's not perfect when it comes to Cross contamination:

Open Original Shared Link

Yup Apprentice

im obsessed with that place :)

In the freezer section they have a new dish! READY MADE! I bought it at a Calgary Costco!

Broccoli Cheese Chicken & Rice by Blue Horizon

INGREDIENTS: WATER, NON FAT DRY MILK, CHEDDAR CHEESE (MILK, CHEESE CULTURE, SALT, ENZYMES, ANNATTO), UNSALTED BUTTER, CORN STARCH, NATURAL FLAVORS, CHEDDAR CHEESE FLAVOR BASE (CHEDDAR CHEESE AND BLUE CHEESE [{PASTEURIZED MILK, CHEESE CULTURES, SALT, ENZYMES}, WHEY, WATER, SALT], SALT, CORN OIL, YEAST EXTRACT, SWEET CREAM POWDER, BUTTER, SUGAR, DRY MUSTARD, FLAVOR), CHICKEN BROTH, SALT, SPICES, ANNATTO. RICE. COOKED CHICKEN: CHICKEN BREAST MEAT, WATER, RICE AND/OR POTATO STARCH, SALT AND/OR SEA SALT. BROCC OLI. Allergen S: Contains MILK, SOY.

Yup Apprentice

The chicken patties rock compared to the sausage. Check the freezer section next time ;D

Frances03 Enthusiast

The giant bag of Kirkland Signature Mission Tortilla Chip Strips are gluten free. I have called to verify and they also say gluten free on the bag. We eat them a LOT! We love chips and salsa, nachos, taco salads, chips with chili cheese dip, etc.

I do almost all of my grocery shopping at Costco alone. It is the BEST store for gluten free items IMO. I haven't got a list to give you though but I'll try to start writing the things down if I can remember. The only thing I dont buy at costco for our regular groceries is pasta (I buy Tinkyada on Amazon), Chebe and Maple Grove pancake/waffle mix (also buy on Amazon), and a few misc things when I just need like some green onions or one canned item and I run in to Walmart.

jasonD2 Experienced

thanks= so the kirkland corn chips are free of CC? r they made on dedicated lines? i know safe chips are hard to find

helen82 Newbie

Mine:

Progresso Clam Chowder

Pirate's Booty

Delimex frozen taquitos

Orchard Bars

Skylark Collaborator

Why did you copy my list rearranged? Did you like it that much? B)

kareng Grand Master

Why did you copy my list rearranged? Did you like it that much? B)

:ph34r:

Takala Enthusiast

People should be cautious with the Food Should Taste Good chips. They taste good, but I had a ferocious reaction to them, and then from another thread here discovered that they use OAT FIBER in at least some of the flavors. I did not know what else could have set me off, as I already eat the other separate ingredients that were on the label with no problems.

Frances03 Enthusiast

Today I found gluten free falafel at Costco! I'm excited to try it. I also found a nice big bag of red star yeast to use for my bread baking :) I also buy lunchmeat there! They have lots of sausages that are gluten free. The broasted chicken is gluten free. The frozen beef taquitos are yummy! We buy pace picante sauce, the cattle drive beef chili AND the chicken chili are gluten free. We like to mix with velveeta and canned tomatoes for a chili cheese dip to eat during football games (Go Steelers). I also like to use the chili for a quick lunch on a baked potato, or a quick taco salad, though I usually make my meals from scratch. Kettle brand potato chips are gluten free. OH, they have some chicken meatballs that are really good with a jar of marinara sauce and some tinkyada pasta for a quick dinner. Crunchmasters Rice Crackers have already been mentioned but we always have them in the house. Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce is the best!! Buy all my meat there, milk, cheese, cottage cheese, sour cream, eggs, butter, rosarita refried beans, canned tomato sauce and diced tomatoes, peanut butter, jelly, honey, chocolate chips, they have some good hummus that's in individual little snack cups, I called on those and they were gluten free. There are 2 kinds of "nut/seed" bars that are gluten free, one is called Mrs Mays or something like that and I can't think of hte name of the other one right now but I like it better. Pirates Booty is good. They have gluten free gummy vitamins for adults and gluten free prenatals (not that you'd be interested in that but someone else might, ;)) Well I'm tired, hope this helped, goodnight!

scarlett77 Apprentice

thanks= so the kirkland corn chips are free of CC? r they made on dedicated lines? i know safe chips are hard to find

Mission makes the "Kirkland Signature" tortilla chips which is just a huge bag of the regular Mission corn tortilla strips. They are made on dedicated lines.

Frances03 Enthusiast

scratch what I said about the falafel. It's not only HORRIBLE, but it says made on equipment that also makes things with wheat, even though "gluten free" is marked all over the box. But regardless of that, it's the worst thing I've EVER gotten at Costco. My entire family about threw up. I only tasted a tiny nibble and it was so bad I spit it out. The rest of them took one bite and that was IT. I'm actually going to take it BACK it was that bad. LOL. But everything else about Costco I love :)

Archived