#1 jasonD2

jasonD2

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 07:06 PM

im obsessed with that place :)
Endoscopy & blood panel all negative 12/09 after being strict w/ gluten free diet

As of 8/09 - Candida Overgrowth, C.difficile overgrowth, elevated fecal anti-gliadin, elevated putrefactive SCFA's

Developed severe lactose intolerance, IBS and food sensitivities in 02 after contracting Giardia from a river in Oregon

Had negative celiac blood work in 02

Elevated stool anti-gliadin Ab (21 with 10 being cutoff for normal) - 2008

Positive for DQ8- 2008

Tested high positive for egg, dairy, soy, ginger, mustard - 2008

Lactulose/Mannitol (leaky gut) test indicated slight intestinal permeability

Improved with gluten free diet but still have spastic constipation

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Skylark

Skylark

Glutenologist

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 07:12 PM

Off the top of my head...

Big bags of organic corn chips
Crunchmaster Rice Crackers
Pirate's Booty
Delimex frozen taquitos
Progresso Clam Chowder
Kirkland canned chicken breast
Cattle Drive chicken chili (no gluten ingreds.)
Mrs. May's Nut Crunch Bars
Orchard Bars
bags of Mrs. May's Nut Crunch
Kirkland Brand Pulled Pork (good with Sweet Baby Ray's Barbecue Sauce)

Lots of normal grocery store foods like olives and three bean salad or the big containers of artichoke hearts are naturally gluten-free. I've also gotten sausages in the deli section, big blocks of cheese, and all the great produce of course.

That's all that comes to mind. Yes, I shop at Costco a lot. B)

#3 Kim27

Kim27

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:13 PM

I asked at my costco for a listing of items & they said they didn't have anything like that
Thanks!!!

---------------------------------------------------
Kim

Newly diagnosed Celiac trying to learn the ropes

Very Positive tTG 3/10
Positive EGD/Biopsy 4/10

#4 NorthernElf

NorthernElf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 05:21 AM

Yesterday I bought a huge bag of Food Should Taste Good Multi grain chips...never saw them there before. They also carry Riceworks chips.
I buy Freybe or Grimm's sausage and ham there - sometimes they have European weiners. Chorizio sausage is very good but very greasy...most of the others aren't so greasy. I have also bought chicken patties & sausage by the Loony Spoons ladies (maybe Canada only?) - they weren't very good - very over spiced.
I buy brown rice, Pacific broth, quinoa, nut bars (can't remember the brand), and more,....all say gluten-free. It can be hit or miss in Costco as to what they have at any one time.

Real excited about the Food Should Taste Good chips - hard to find in Canada & they won't ship here (emailed them the other day).

#5 luvs2eat

luvs2eat

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 06:44 AM

Kirkland's smoked pulled pork at Costco is DELICIOUS!!!
luvs2eat
Living in the beautiful Ozark mountains in Arkansas
positive blood tests and later, positive biopsy
diagnosed 8/5/02, gluten-free (after lots of mistakes!) since that day
Dairy free since July 2010 and NOT happy about it!!

#6 missy'smom

missy'smom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 07:23 AM

Kirkland Turkey Burger Patties(the natural flavoring" is rosemary oil)
Brother's All Natural Fruit Crisps
Riceworks chips
Pacific Chicken Broth
Trident Salmon Burger Patties
Columbus deli sliced turkey breast meat
olive oil
Naked Nuggets(chicken)
Bell and Evans breaded chicken tenders
Coleman's Beef franks
Hebrew National franks
once upon a time, I found large tubs of Earthbalance "margarine" for the same price as the regular tubs
Jones all natural breakfast sausage links
Kirkland canned albacore tuna and canned chicken breast chunks
Organicville Sesame Teriyaki marinade
Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11
Son: ADHD '06,
neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07
ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08
ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08
Gluten-free-Feb. '09
other food allergies

#7 jasonD2

jasonD2

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 01:13 PM

i heard the ricework chips make people sick?

what kind of corn chips are safe at costco (i.e. free of cc)?
Endoscopy & blood panel all negative 12/09 after being strict w/ gluten free diet

As of 8/09 - Candida Overgrowth, C.difficile overgrowth, elevated fecal anti-gliadin, elevated putrefactive SCFA's

Developed severe lactose intolerance, IBS and food sensitivities in 02 after contracting Giardia from a river in Oregon

Positive for DQ8- 2008

#8 MelindaLee

MelindaLee

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 05:23 PM

Off the top of my head...

Big bags of organic corn chips
Crunchmaster Rice Crackers
Pirate's Booty
Delimex frozen taquitos
Progresso Clam Chowder
Kirkland canned chicken breast
Cattle Drive chicken chili (no gluten ingreds.)
Mrs. May's Nut Crunch Bars
Orchard Bars
bags of Mrs. May's Nut Crunch
Kirkland Brand Pulled Pork (good with Sweet Baby Ray's Barbecue Sauce)

Lots of normal grocery store foods like olives and three bean salad or the big containers of artichoke hearts are naturally gluten-free. I've also gotten sausages in the deli section, big blocks of cheese, and all the great produce of course.

That's all that comes to mind. Yes, I shop at Costco a lot. B)

OK, I just have to ask...What is Pirate's Booty???

#9 MelindaLee

MelindaLee

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 05:25 PM

Yesterday I bought a huge bag of Food Should Taste Good Multi grain chips...never saw them there before. They also carry Riceworks chips.
I buy Freybe or Grimm's sausage and ham there - sometimes they have European weiners. Chorizio sausage is very good but very greasy...most of the others aren't so greasy. I have also bought chicken patties & sausage by the Loony Spoons ladies (maybe Canada only?) - they weren't very good - very over spiced.
I buy brown rice, Pacific broth, quinoa, nut bars (can't remember the brand), and more,....all say gluten-free. It can be hit or miss in Costco as to what they have at any one time.

Real excited about the Food Should Taste Good chips - hard to find in Canada & they won't ship here (emailed them the other day).

I had their corn chips with Flax....AWESOME!!!

#10 Skylark

Skylark

Glutenologist

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 06:11 PM

OK, I just have to ask...What is Pirate's Booty???

Natural cheddar flavored corn puffs, sort of like Cheetos that don't turn your fingers orange. Gluten-free and yummy! http://robscape.com/faq/

I don't know about CC on the corn chips at Costco. I buy the organic Kirkland ones and haven't had any trouble. I worry more about GMO corn than CC in corn chips myself. I have not gotten sick from Riceworks. (Crosses fingers.)

#11 T.H.

T.H.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 10:20 PM

Yeah, sadly, they don't make a list themselves, we've gotta make our own, sigh.

Gluten free stuff:
Tasty Bite meals - boxed quick-to-make Indian food. Comes in packs of 3 or 4 as I recall.
Frito lay lists which of its chips are gluten-free on its site, although it's not perfect when it comes to Cross contamination:
http://www.fritolay....ngredients.html

T.H.

Gluten free since August 10, 2009.
21 years with undiagnosed Celiac Disease

23 years with undiagnosed sulfite sensitivity

25 years with undiagnosed mast cell activation disorder (MCAD) 

Daughter: celiac and MCAD positive

Son: gluten intolerant
Father, brother: celiac positive

#12 Yup

Yup

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 01:11 PM

im obsessed with that place :)

In the freezer section they have a new dish! READY MADE! I bought it at a Calgary Costco!

Broccoli Cheese Chicken & Rice by Blue Horizon

INGREDIENTS: WATER, NON FAT DRY MILK, CHEDDAR CHEESE (MILK, CHEESE CULTURE, SALT, ENZYMES, ANNATTO), UNSALTED BUTTER, CORN STARCH, NATURAL FLAVORS, CHEDDAR CHEESE FLAVOR BASE (CHEDDAR CHEESE AND BLUE CHEESE [{PASTEURIZED MILK, CHEESE CULTURES, SALT, ENZYMES}, WHEY, WATER, SALT], SALT, CORN OIL, YEAST EXTRACT, SWEET CREAM POWDER, BUTTER, SUGAR, DRY MUSTARD, FLAVOR), CHICKEN BROTH, SALT, SPICES, ANNATTO. RICE. COOKED CHICKEN: CHICKEN BREAST MEAT, WATER, RICE AND/OR POTATO STARCH, SALT AND/OR SEA SALT. BROCC OLI. Allergen S: Contains MILK, SOY.

#13 Yup

Yup

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 01:12 PM

The chicken patties rock compared to the sausage. Check the freezer section next time ;D

#14 Frances03

Frances03

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 07:23 PM

The giant bag of Kirkland Signature Mission Tortilla Chip Strips are gluten free. I have called to verify and they also say gluten free on the bag. We eat them a LOT! We love chips and salsa, nachos, taco salads, chips with chili cheese dip, etc.

I do almost all of my grocery shopping at Costco alone. It is the BEST store for gluten free items IMO. I haven't got a list to give you though but I'll try to start writing the things down if I can remember. The only thing I dont buy at costco for our regular groceries is pasta (I buy Tinkyada on Amazon), Chebe and Maple Grove pancake/waffle mix (also buy on Amazon), and a few misc things when I just need like some green onions or one canned item and I run in to Walmart.
41 year old homeschooling mom of 5
ttg iga 88, reference range 0-19 gliadin peptide antibody iga 105, reference range 0-31
endoscopy positive for celiac disease, hiatal hernia, major acid reflux damage

diagnosed with arthritis in my teens, thyroid disease in my 20's, epilepsy in my 20's, adult ADD in my 30's,
suffered from joint pain, migraines, seizures, 4 miscarriages, 2 years infertility, scalp rash, bloating, chronic constipation, acid reflux, weight gain, hashimoto's disease, enlarged thyroid, thyroid nodule, extreme fatigue, low vitamin D, anemia, mouth and nose sores
Started gluten-free diet 10/7/09! Never had another seizure after 10 years of epilepsy. TRUE STORY. 2 babies after going gluten-free

#15 jasonD2

jasonD2

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 08:26 PM

thanks= so the kirkland corn chips are free of CC? r they made on dedicated lines? i know safe chips are hard to find

Positive for DQ8- 2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: