7 replies to this topic

#1 Lisa79

Lisa79

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 05:34 PM

Anyone have a really nice Gluten Free Nightshade Free Savory Mince (ground beef :P) Recipes.

Lisa :)

Me (30): Diagnosed with Celiac Disease by biopsy March 2009 - Multiple food intolerances, nightshades, egg, some fruits and many more.
DH (29): Type 1 Diabetic Diagnosed 2005
DD(5): Diagnosed with Celiac Disease by biopsy July 2009
DS (4) Positive Blood Test Aug 2010, awaiting biopsy

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 05:54 PM

Anyone have a really nice Gluten Free Nightshade Free Savory Mince Recipes.

Translation for Lisa - Mince=ground beef :D
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 Lisa79

Lisa79

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 12:18 AM

Translation for Lisa - Mince=ground beef :D

Thanks lol.. I always forget :P

Lisa :)

Me (30): Diagnosed with Celiac Disease by biopsy March 2009 - Multiple food intolerances, nightshades, egg, some fruits and many more.
DH (29): Type 1 Diabetic Diagnosed 2005
DD(5): Diagnosed with Celiac Disease by biopsy July 2009
DS (4) Positive Blood Test Aug 2010, awaiting biopsy

#4 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 07:45 PM

Thanks lol.. I always forget :P

I tried something new tonight. I had about 1/4 - 1/3 lb leftover ground pork I bought for a Thai lettuce roll recipe with chopped shrimp, ground pork and bean sprouts. The recipe called for quite a few ingredients, was a lot of work and turned out ok but not worth all the trouble. (Don't you hate it when that happens?)

I remembered a post by Ravenwood about homemade Italian sausage, so I mixed about 1 1/2 tsp. fennel seed, 1 tsp. chopped fresh parsely, 1 T. chopped fresh basil (optional) and a minced garlic clove with the pork along with a dash of salt and pepper. I'm not sure if you can tolerate dried red pepper flakes, but added a wee pinch. (Optional, don't think it would make a difference at all.) I mixed that up with my hands and made two patties. My dbf grilled them and they were delicious. He's from Missouri and a bratwurst lover and pronounced them the best brat he's ever had, even though they were brat burgers. They really were tasty, and I'm pretty happy because unless something is really tasty, I find it a chore to eat.
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#5 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 07:12 PM

If you don't have the No Tomato Sauce Recipe, let me know. I'd be happy to post it, but don't want to be redundant.
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#6 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 06:36 PM

Here's a recipe from Joe's restaurant in San Francisco that is quick, easy, tasty:

Joe's Special

main ingredients Ground Beef, Egg, Spinach, Leafy Green
yield: Makes 4 servings

Ingredients

* 6 large eggs
* Splash or two of Tabasco or other hot pepper sauce
* 1 teaspoon salt or more to taste
* 1/2 teaspoon dried basil or oregano
* 1/2 teaspoon freshly milled black pepper or more to taste
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
* 1 medium yellow onion, diced
* 1/2 pound lean freshly ground beef, preferably chili grind (a bit coarser than hamburger grind)
* 3/4 to 1 pound fresh spinach, preferably the crinkly savoy variety, trimmed of stems and chopped, or one 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained

Preparation

Crack the eggs into a small bowl and add the Tabasco, salt, basil, and pepper. Whisk just enough to combine; you should still see large bubbles. Set aside.

Warm the oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat until the butter melts. Add the onion and saut until soft but not beginning to brown, about 4 minutes. Add the ground beef and continue cooking until uniformly brown, breaking the meat into small pieces as it cooks. Cover with the spinach, place a lid over the mixture, and cook for about 3 minutes, just until the spinach wilts. (If using frozen spinach, cook, covered, for 1 minute, just to take off its raw edge.)

Stir the spinach into the meat, cooking briefly to eliminate excess liquid if the mixture seems watery. Pour the egg mixture over all, stirring with a spatula from the bottom until the eggs begin to set. Remove from the heat and stir a few more times, as the eggs cook through from the residual heat. Serve immediately.

(You can add sauteed mushrooms to this too, they go well with it)
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#7 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 07:53 PM

Thank you, Mushroom! I just e-mailed your recipe to myself!

My mom used to make something she called Delish Casserole. All of her kids love it, as well as our spouses and offspring. I'm pretty sure it was taken off a can of cream of mushroom soup label. Saute some onion and celery in olive oil, brown some ground beef, add (safe) cream of 'shroom soup, water, two cups left over rice, combine, cover and bake. That's a peasant meal, and very soul satisfying and safe. Nothing suitable for company, but good and good for you without much work. (I didn't even bake it last time.)

#8 babka23

babka23

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:27 AM

If you don't have the No Tomato Sauce Recipe, let me know. I'd be happy to post it, but don't want to be redundant.

I would love to have your no tomato sauce recipe. Right now the doctor has me nightshade free as well as gluten free but am dying for some spaghetti!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: