2 replies to this topic

#1 C.Raquel

C.Raquel

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:23 PM

I've been trying to lose weight and get into shape and it is very hard with diabetes and having celiac. My family started drinking this product called "herbalife" and it has been working great for them. I also have tried it, tastes pretty good and i did not get any symptoms from it; i looked at the label and it didnt have any major gluten ingredients (such as wheat, yeast or flour) but there was so many ingredients i did not recognize that i don't know if it is safe for me to drink. does any one know about herbalife or if it is gluten free? Or any suggestions of great drinks or ways to lose weight fast??

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 cassP

cassP

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 05:28 PM

ive never taken it. i found this link with ingredients, but i dont know which drink you're talking about:

http://bloghealthydi...fe-ingredients/

for me- losing weight is easiest and quickest if i am sugar and carb free. even then, i still have to exercise... AND sometimes i dont lose a pound untill the 4th week- but then it just falls off of me quick.
you are diabetic tho- so i dont want to be responsible for your health. im sure a NOcarb/sugar or LOW carb/sugar WOULD be healthy for you- but you may not want to do anything too fast- because of your sugar levels, right?? u may have to ease into it while monitoring your changes.
1986- Elevated Speckled ANA/no Lupus.negative Sjorgens
2008- AntiGliadin IGA/IGg~ Negative,TTG IGA/IGg~ Weak Positive, Endomysial Antibody~ Positive, IGA Deficient.
no biopsy (insurance denied)
6/2010- Enterolab Gene Test:
HLA-DQB1 Allele 1 0302
HLA-DQB1 Allele 2 0302
HLADQ 3,3 (subtype 8,8)
7/2010- 100% Gluten Free
8/2010- DH
10/2010-Hypothyroid dx-> 12/2010 Hashimoto's dx + 1/11- Graves dx :(

#3 lpjourney

lpjourney

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:24 PM

I was an Herbalife distributor, they can only say that one of the formula one nutritional drinks - i believe it was one of the fruity ones was gluten free.

I didn't renew my distributorship as I didn't feel comfortable selling something that I could use myself.
Liisa

----------------------------------------------------------

Celiac official 3/30/09 mild case - Pre-Type 2 Diabetes - Mother dealing officially w/Celiac since 1992 - severe case at time of DX

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: