Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Mrs. Dash Seasonings

3 posts in this topic

I am VERY new to being gluten-free (3 days). I love Mrs. Dash seasonings I emailed them to ask if they were gluten-free.

Is ok or not?

Here is their response:

Dear Ms. Wells,

Thank you for contacting Alberto Culver regarding your interest in our company and its products. We are pleased to hear from our consumers.

All of the Mrs. Dash seasoning blends and Mrs. Dash Marinades do not contain gluten.

Although Mrs. Dash Seasoning Blends do not contain gluten and are produced on a gluten-free manufacturing line, they cannot be labeled "gluten-free" because they are not manufactured in a "gluten-free" facility. We cannot guarantee there would be no cross contamination.

We hope you find this information helpful and thank you again for contacting Alberto Culver.

Sincerely,

Sarah Hart

Consumer Relations Representative

Ads by Google:

There is no regulated definition of "Gluten-Free" in the USA at the moment. It means whatever the company's legal department wants it to mean.

Based on the information provided, I would consider it to be gluten-free and safe for us to use. The disclaimer is quite common, and is designed to protect the company against frivolous lawsuits.

Thank you Peter! I soooooo appreciate your knowledge and wisdom! I know companies have to cover their tushies so to speak.