Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Gluten-Free Folger's Coffee

3 posts in this topic

Hello, As of this past Monday, I received a call from Susan with Folger's answering my email. Her reply in regards to their coffee being gluten-free - "There is no wheat, oats, barley or rye in any of the facilities. But ... due to the type of agriculture crops - how they are handled and processed on the equipment there could be a trace amount of cross contamination. It depends on how allergic one is to gluten. So Folger's is not considered gluten-free"

Ads by Google:

I would consider that a CYA Statement. In a world of lawsuits and liability, it's becoming more and more common.

There really isn't any ways to guarantee a product is 100% free of all contaminants, unless you live in a bubble. Applying the best precautions in an imperfect world, is all you can do.

I would drink the coffee. :)

I hate giving up my coffee and probably will not. Might take a look at grinding my own beans though. I do agree that most companies I have spoken to or had email from have pretty well stuck to the last statement that Susan from Folger's made. I really do not seem to have any gluten problems drinking Folger's. Love my morning and afternoon java.

Thanks

Janelle

I would consider that a CYA Statement. In a world of lawsuits and liability, it's becoming more and more common.

There really isn't any ways to guarantee a product is 100% free of all contaminants, unless you live in a bubble. Applying the best precautions in an imperfect world, is all you can do.

I would drink the coffee. :)