This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Support Groups In Michigan

susanpb50

susanpb50 Newbie

Could anyone tell me of any support groups in Michigan!! I am having no luck getting resonses from any email addresses I have been provided with thus far. I live in Bay Cituy and am willing to travel to an extent. I am recently diagnosed and hear such great comments about support groups and the importance to join one. Please...anyone out there with any info?

Susan :(

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guest jhmom

Here is what I found, I hope it helps :)

Michigan

Coldwater - Resource:

335 Barnhart Road

Coldwater, MI 49036

Tel: (517) 278-8248

Escanaba - Resource:

312 Minneapolis Ave.

Gladstone, MI 49837

Tel: (906) 428-1621

Flint - Support Group

Contact 1: Nyla E. Wilson

Mid-Michigan Celiacs

11029 Phyllis Drive

Clio, MI 48420

Tel: (810) 686-2539

Contact 2: Lucille & Richard King

5417 Sunset

Midland, MI 48640

Tel: (517) 631-5640

E-mail: RKing2388@aol.com

Gladstone - Resource:

Contact 1: David A. Jondrow

312 Minneapolis Avenue

Gladstone, MI 49837

Tel: (906) 428-1621

Grand Rapids -Support Group

West Michigan Celiac Support Group

753 Parkway Dr NE

Grand Rapids, MI 49505

Tel: (616) 363-5749

Contact 2: Sue Baker

686 Carpenter N.W.

Grand Rapids, MI 49504

Tel: (616) 691-4906

Contact 3: Rosalynn Hausman

E-mail: mwhausman@aol.com

Lansing - Support Group

Contact 1: Marian Narodowiec

Michigan Capital Celiacs/DH

204 N. Matthews St.

Mason, MI 48854-1339

Tel: (517) 676-1882

E-mail: MLNarodowiec@cablespeed.com

Contact 2: Greta DeWolf

1815 Sandhill Rd.

Mason, MI 48854

Tel: (517) 349-0294

E-mail: kwpq50a@prodigy.com

Contact 3. Kelly Yoakam

E-mail: BYoakam@aol.com

Support Group

Mid-Michigan Chapter (CSA)

Tel: (313) 733-6857

Dryden - Support Group

Tri-County Celiac Support Group, SE Michigan

Newsletter information:

Spru-Nik Press, Editors:

Contact 1: Robin Donagrandi

21580 Birchwood

Farmington, MI 48336

E-mail: TCCSG@twmi.rr.com

Contact 2: Marcia Campbell

47829 Vistas Circle N

Canton, MI 48188

E-mail: MARCIA1@prodigy.net

Tel: 86-NOGLUTEN

Internet: www.tccsg.com

Traverse City - Support Group

Traverse Area Gluten Free Support Group (CSA/USA chap. #21)

PO Box 4112

Traverse City, MI 49685-4112

Tel: (231) 947-8324

E-mail: Scarttc@aol.com

Contact 2: Carolyn Hollenbeck

Tel: (231) 947-9372

Contact 3: Joe Galea

Tel: (231) 264-6272

E-mail jtg@prodigy.net

• 3 months later...
khyricat Rookie

Glad you posted this- hope its still accurate... not positive yet, but I am starting gluten free now... I think it will be positive when I get the results from the blood test back on Monday- I had never considered Celiac, but the more I learn the more it sounds like this is what I have! I never thought I'd be hoping for a medical test to be positive, but if this is true- it sounds like it will solve/explain about 90% of my medical issues!

I am in ann arbor.. will look into lansing, flint or Rochester- all are an hour plus away... physically rochester is closest, but unless its at an odd time of day or a weekend, traffic may make that take the longest to get to. Also- I work weekends, so looking into all 3 may give me the best chance of finding a group I can actually attend. I am surprised there isn't one closer to home- Ann Arbor.. I'll have to ask the doc on Monday when I get my test results from her.

Amie in MI..

Kim Explorer

There is actually a gluten free vendors' fair (food fair) this Saturday in Farmington Hills Michigan. 11 am -2 pm First Presbyterian Church, 26165 Farmington Road (corner of 11 Mile Road). It's a good way to try gluten-free foods before you buy them and also you may be able to find people who live near you. Good luck. Kim.

khyricat Rookie

I wish I could go, but I'll be at work this Saturday from 5 Am to 2 PM.. one of the last weeks on that shift, but I still won't have weekends off under the new schedule..

• 1 month later...
joemoe003 Apprentice

hey im from michigan it would be really nice to talk to someone from michigan with celiac disease i know this doesnt really have ta do with a support group but the only people i talk to that have celiac disease are from canada (which there is nothing wrong with that) but it would be kinda nice to know there is someone that may live near you that is "like you" know what i mean? it would be really cool if some of us michigan people could swap email addresses or somethin! mines pippigirl32@hotmail.com email me when ever ya wanna :) i would love to hear from ya!

Julianne

• 1 month later...
dianne Rookie

There is a Detroit area support group. It's the Tri-County Celiac Support Group. They meet once a month, on Mondays, in Farmington Hills. Their website is Open Original Shared Link.

Dianne

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

sweetie101282 Apprentice

Speaking of Michigan Support Groups... is anyone else from the mid-michigan CSA on here that could let me know when the September meeting is?? Thanks!

Amy

• 11 months later...
valeriemates Newbie
I am surprised there isn't one closer to home- Ann Arbor..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In case it's useful: I've started a small celiac support group here in Ann Arbor. You can find it at

Open Original Shared Link

-Valerie

• 6 years later...
LeahBanicki Rookie

Live in SW lower Michigan and also not finding anything close.

• 1 month later...
valeriemates Newbie

Live in SW lower Michigan and also not finding anything close.

Leah, have you found the Michigan Capital Celiac Support Group? They are awesome! Here's their website:

Open Original Shared Link

I don't know if you are near Lansing, but if you are anywhere near there, they are a good group to get in touch with. They run an annual food fair, a summer camp for kids, meetings throughout the year that are sometimes potlucks or sometimes with a speaker, and they have an excellent newsletter that they will e-mail to you.

-Valerie

(momma to the Gluten-Free Ann Arbor group - currently at 726 people!)

Archived