This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Gave It A Month.. Lost 17Lbs

Aphreal

Aphreal Contributor

I am very leary of anything that claims to help you loose weight but on a whim I tried Alchochofa. The only reason is because it did NOT claim to boost your metabolism. So I gave it a month and I have lost 17 lbs.. Ok maybe closer to 5 weeks. Before that I had an out of control appetite and was gaining weight.

I wish I could say I feel great but I have been dealing with medical and dental issues. In and out of facilities, surgeries etc. I am exhausted from it and medication. (we finally got insurance, haven't had any for 11 years)

Ok so this stuff is mainly apple cider vinegar, artichoke extract, fennel... I have no appetite. I am indifferent to food which is good as it makes it easier to make wiser choices. I no longer crave fast food, fried food or sugars.

All this sounds wonderful but.... I rarely eat more than say.... 800-1000 calories a day. For my height and weight, I need more than that.

if you loose weight by eating very little, you will have to eat very little to maintain. I don't want that to happen.

Example of my day:

I force myself to eat breakfast but most of the time I skip it.

egg and bacon

OR

1 banana

Lunch

couple of ounces of baked chicken, watermelon

Dinner:

Grilled shrimp, Veggies

Snack:

some sort of nutrient gluten-free bar. Nuts, dried fruit, high in vitamins.

Little to no grains. Too much corn has an adverse effect, gluten-free of course, I cut most sugar and grain carb because when I eat even a moderate amount it makes me sick.

Ugh, I am unsure where to make the change because I have undergone so many changes as it is in the past few months. I am confused by my own body.

It's hard to really make a change when you see the scale going down. I have 18lbs to get to what I feel is a good solid healthy weight and size for me.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

cassP Contributor

maybe the apple cider vinegar is killing bad bacteria or yeast that normally makes you crave sugar???

ok, im just guessing.

apple cider vinegar DOES help your body prepare to make digestive juices- so you should probably do the cider vinegar like 20 minutes befoe you eat a meal with protein.

are you trying to lose weight?? i would advise you to try to get your calories up to 1200 a day.. you'll still lose weight- but i think when you go under 1000 you start to slow your metabolism down.. and it becomes more of a strain on your body

i would balance your meals a little more... i would add some spinach to your eggs, and whole fat butter... or some almond butter to your banana

add vegtables to your chicken... and do your watermelon as a snack

??idk... i, personally feel best having some sort of protein, and fat with any meal.

Aphreal Contributor

the rarity I use butter, i do use real, full fat butter.

yes I want to loose weight but I am not new to this rodeo. I do know when you loose weight by eating too little, you are3 stuck when it comes to maintenance. The ideal is to eat as much as you can.... and loose weight so that when you get to maintenance... you are not stuck eating next to nothing.

I take the suppliment once in the morning. It is a vial and I drink it with OJ.

Actually what I should do is sautee my veggies in EVOO. mmmmmm, I feel I eat plenty of protein. I need mor carb I think for energy. I definately need more veggie/fruit. I do not get in 5-8 I am afraid of carb because it makes my tummy wig out.

I can't think straight. i woke up with a migraine and now I am exhausted from dealing with it.

last night I made sure to eat an extra apricot. Big whoop but its an extra 100 cal of fruit.

There are worse things in ghe world... I just want to be healthy and I am feeling lost right now. Last night my teen told me I have changed since I went gluten-free and she didnt like the changes. Ugh so what, go back to gluten? I dont think so. I am trying to manage the changes, she needs to understand this.

Ok enough whining. I just need a soundboard and this is it because my family cant hear me griping here.

Aphreal Contributor

forgot to mention, I recently had oral surgery. Extractions on both sides so it's been difficult to eat. My gums ulcerated too so that adds to the problem.

curiousgirl Contributor

forgot to mention, I recently had oral surgery. Extractions on both sides so it's been difficult to eat. My gums ulcerated too so that adds to the problem.

Can you do 1/2 dose??

Aphreal Contributor

I could do one every other day curious. The vials are 1 dose vials maybe a droppful, it would be hard to split....but yea.. one every other day.

I should do that.

I stopped taking my BP meds. I stopped taking the bentyl and I am finally getting some moving along. I have to take my cycle meds and pmdd meds but I am so close to just throwing everything out!

Sometimes I think taking a bunch of drugs is what keeps us sick.

Cat Eyes Rookie

I am very leary of anything that claims to help you loose weight but on a whim I tried Alchochofa. The only reason is because it did NOT claim to boost your metabolism. So I gave it a month and I have lost 17 lbs.. Ok maybe closer to 5 weeks. Before that I had an out of control appetite and was gaining weight.

I wish I could say I feel great but I have been dealing with medical and dental issues. In and out of facilities, surgeries etc. I am exhausted from it and medication. (we finally got insurance, haven't had any for 11 years)

Ok so this stuff is mainly apple cider vinegar, artichoke extract, fennel... I have no appetite. I am indifferent to food which is good as it makes it easier to make wiser choices. I no longer crave fast food, fried food or sugars.

All this sounds wonderful but.... I rarely eat more than say.... 800-1000 calories a day. For my height and weight, I need more than that.

if you loose weight by eating very little, you will have to eat very little to maintain. I don't want that to happen.

Example of my day:

I force myself to eat breakfast but most of the time I skip it.

egg and bacon

OR

1 banana

Lunch

couple of ounces of baked chicken, watermelon

Dinner:

Grilled shrimp, Veggies

Snack:

some sort of nutrient gluten-free bar. Nuts, dried fruit, high in vitamins.

Little to no grains. Too much corn has an adverse effect, gluten-free of course, I cut most sugar and grain carb because when I eat even a moderate amount it makes me sick.

Ugh, I am unsure where to make the change because I have undergone so many changes as it is in the past few months. I am confused by my own body.

It's hard to really make a change when you see the scale going down. I have 18lbs to get to what I feel is a good solid healthy weight and size for me.

You really need to force yourself to eat and up those calories. I cannot stress this enough. I lost 25 lbs. rapidly due to emotional stress/lack of appetite and was also not getting enough calories each day. About 2-3 months after I lost all the weight, my hair started falling out of my head. I have lost about half my hair volume. This is a nightmare, and it's a fairly common occurrence after rapid weight loss and calorie restriction. I'm also a member of a forum called Calorie Count, and there are so many women on there who lost weight too quickly, cut calories or starved themselves and are now dealing with massive hair loss.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

missy'smom Collaborator

Personally, I think you need to add some fat. Get some coconut oil or any smooth nut butter and eat it by the spoonful. Easy on the mouth and will add some calories. Avacados are soft and caloric and low-carb. Fat doesn't make us fat. Excess carbs and the excess insulin needed to process them plus extra calories cause us to gain weight as fat.

If you're going to stay grain-free and want to keep in some fruit you might check out a paleo diet. There are several sites, Mark's Daily Apple is a good one. To do well on low-carb, esp. if you need to gain weight, it helps to follow a program, in my opinion. I follow one designed for those with diabetes. I need to gain weight and that's a challenge with so many restrictions but have been able to do it and stay healthy-good bloodwork-no deficiencies-good blood sugars and gain weight by keeping my protein and fats up. I've found that for me, I need closer to 5 oz. of meat per meal to gain and keep my weight on. I'm egg-free for the most part so don't use them for my protein count. They are a good choice though.

Looking at your menu plan, it seems you are on the right track just need some tweeking. I would get a serving of veggies at each meal and be sure to get some protein everyday at breakfast, and eat breakfast everyday and more fats. Don't know how much protein/meat you are getting but it may need to be increased.

Archived