5 replies to this topic

#1 sherrylynn

sherrylynn

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 04:03 AM

:( My tummy has hurt all night. I ate a couple bowls of salad made from home. all it had in it was tomatoes, lettus, cheese and salad dressng olive oil and vineger from newmans own. and I have been pooping all night.

god I will have to stop eating salads now. :(

I got onto newmans own website and they have an allergy and gluten page that breaks every thing down for each product. the olive oil and vinegar dressing is gluten free. so it had to be the lettus or tomaoes. I eat cheese all the time without probs.

Edited by sherrylynn, 23 September 2010 - 04:11 AM.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,769 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 04:15 AM

I had problems with salad also. I didn't give them up I just dropped the lettuce. I would make a salad with peeled cukes, zuccinni, carrots and tomatoes instead. Also if you are new to the diet the cheese may be an issue or the raw veggies could be a problem to if you haven't healed enough as raw veggies can be a bit hard to digest. You could also try having a salad with no dressing in case there was something in that your body doesn't like.
Another possibility is that you got gluten somewhere and you had a delayed reaction to it. Sometimes we have to look at what we ate for the last two or three days to find the culprit.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#3 sherrylynn

sherrylynn

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 04:47 AM

Thank you ravenwoodglass, I think you are right about the raw veggies. I usually respond to lettus this way, sometimes I can see the lettus in the bathroom later, about 2 hours later. I am just stupid in thinking I could eat it now. I am going to lay off the lettus and just eat my cooked veggies from now on.

When I was eating just chicken and pork and my cooked veggies my tummy had acutally started to feel better. I just still have the bloated belly, I still look like I am preggie but there is now way I am. I just need to let myself heal.

I bought some quinoa. I hope I can tolerate that.

I am sooo hungry. :P

#4 Roda

Roda

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 05:29 AM

I bought some quinoa. I hope I can tolerate that.

I am sooo hungry. :P

Make sure you rinse the quinoa before you cook it. It has a bitter coating on it you need to rinse off. Also take it slow at first. A little quinoa goes a long way and has ALOT of fiber! If I eat to much it *clears throat* looks the same on the way out as it went in. :blink:

Me:
Celiac disease(positive blood work/biopsy- 10/2008), gluten free oat intolerent, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis/Disease, Raynaud's Disease

DS2(age 9):
celiac disease(positive IgA tTG, no biopsy- 11/2010)

DS1(age 13):
repeated negative bloodwork and negative EGD/biopsy. Started on a gluten free trial(8/2011). He has decided to stay gluten free due to all of the improvements he has experienced on the diet.

#5 cassP

cassP

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 07:37 AM

i was having issues 60% of the time with romaine or boston head.. so i switched to baby greens and mixed herb salad- which i only have issues with 10% of the time.

im not sure what it is. i have Fructose Malabsorption- but that diet can be different for everyone- i know a girl with FM who can NEVER handle Romaine or Boston Head... EVER. ??

i also worked with a woman who had Lupus- and she was going to eat salad at work one day- and she smelled it first. she said some of the chemicals they use to "wash" the salad with mess her up. ??? so i always wash my "washed" salad.

it may be different malabsorption issues you're having- because ive noticed that some raw veggies are more tolerable where as other vegtables HAVE TO BE cooked.
Zucchini seems to be one that's GREAT raw :)
1986- Elevated Speckled ANA/no Lupus.negative Sjorgens
2008- AntiGliadin IGA/IGg~ Negative,TTG IGA/IGg~ Weak Positive, Endomysial Antibody~ Positive, IGA Deficient.
no biopsy (insurance denied)
6/2010- Enterolab Gene Test:
HLA-DQB1 Allele 1 0302
HLA-DQB1 Allele 2 0302
HLADQ 3,3 (subtype 8,8)
7/2010- 100% Gluten Free
8/2010- DH
10/2010-Hypothyroid dx-> 12/2010 Hashimoto's dx + 1/11- Graves dx :(

#6 sherrylynn

sherrylynn

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 08:25 AM

i was having issues 60% of the time with romaine or boston head.. so i switched to baby greens and mixed herb salad- which i only have issues with 10% of the time.

im not sure what it is. i have Fructose Malabsorption- but that diet can be different for everyone- i know a girl with FM who can NEVER handle Romaine or Boston Head... EVER. ??

i also worked with a woman who had Lupus- and she was going to eat salad at work one day- and she smelled it first. she said some of the chemicals they use to "wash" the salad with mess her up. ??? so i always wash my "washed" salad.

it may be different malabsorption issues you're having- because ive noticed that some raw veggies are more tolerable where as other vegtables HAVE TO BE cooked.
Zucchini seems to be one that's GREAT raw :)

That's true, because I can eat carrots raw but lettuce always hurts me. But it seams that all lettuce hurts me, not just ice burg. I used to really love red leaf lettuce and green leaf lettuce but not any more. not until I heal anyway. and I hope I can one day eat it again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: