8 replies to this topic

#1 K8ling

K8ling

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:15 AM

I loved this before I got diagnosed, but I'm not sure if it's gluten free... Does anyone know if it is?

I'll be so happy if it is gluten-free.
Diagnosed with Gluten Allergy April 2010. Family history of Celiac disease and bowel cancers. Already feeling a billion times better since going gluten free.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:39 AM

I loved this before I got diagnosed, but I'm not sure if it's gluten free... Does anyone know if it is?

I'll be so happy if it is gluten-free.

It is, according to their website--

http://www.nutellausa.com/faqs.htm

Enjoy! :D
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#3 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,234 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:42 AM

It is, according to their website--

http://www.nutellausa.com/faqs.htm

Enjoy! :D

I was just going to say that. I was also going to say: K8, There's this cool thing called Google. Sometimes you enter "Nutella gluten free" and like magic, there is the info! :P

(just a joke, you usually don't give your grocery list and ask us if everything is gluten-free) :)

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#4 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 07:21 AM

I was just going to say that. I was also going to say: K8, There's this cool thing called Google. Sometimes you enter "Nutella gluten free" and like magic, there is the info! :P

:lol: :lol: Sometimes ya just gotta go with the people you trust - and it isn't always Google.
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#5 K8ling

K8ling

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 07:33 AM

LOL YES I was going with my peeps (whom I trust).

I take google with a grain of salt!!

TYTYTYTY! My classes are cancelled today and I AM GOING TO STUDY AND EAT NUTELLA STRAIGHT FROM THE JAR!!! SQUEEEEEEESAUCE WITH A SIDE OF EPICWIN!
Diagnosed with Gluten Allergy April 2010. Family history of Celiac disease and bowel cancers. Already feeling a billion times better since going gluten free.

#6 i-geek

i-geek

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 08:11 AM

Oh, awesome. I used to love this stuff and haven't bought it in ages. It's going on the shopping list. :)

#7 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,234 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 08:41 AM

:lol: :lol: Sometimes ya just gotta go with the people you trust - and it isn't always Google.

It took me to the Nutella site right to the part about the gluten-free- ness of the product. I don't trust Bubba's gluten free list. :)

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#8 clevercate

clevercate

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:15 AM

Hi everyone,

I realize this is an older post, but I am newly diagnosed with gluten ataxia. I love Nutella and am "doing my homework" to make sure that, besides having gluten free ingredients, there are no issues of trace or cross-contamination gluten in their manufacturing process. This is the reply I received from them today:

Thank you for your interest in the Ferrero "gluten-free" products.  We have confirmed with our Product Development Technicians that the following Ferrero products do not contain gluten:

GLUTEN FREE PRODUCTS:

Tic Tac

Nutella

Kinder Surprise

Kinder Chocolate

Kind Regards,

Consumer Relations

Good I will continue eating this..a childhood favourite. Has anyone tried gluten free toaster waffles  (Homestyle-Nature's Path) 2 toasted with peanut butter, Nutella, and sliced banana in-between to make a "sandwich"? Delicious!    C :D

#9 Takala

Takala

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:07 PM

April 5, 2013. (since this is an older thread) Maranatha makes a "Dark Chocolate Almond Spread" which is similar to Nutella, but almond based,  for those who cannot get along with all of the ingredients in the original Nutella.  It is a bit grainier and needs to be stirred, and sometimes heated up just a little in the wintertime, but can be a most acceptable substitute. The Dark Choc Almond Spread, based on my experiences, is not cross contaminated with gluten.  http://www.gfoverflo...t.php?id=006622    Maranathafoods website with FAQ "Yes, they free of gluten containing ingredients and are produced in a facility that does not process gluten containing ingredients"  http://www.maranatha...-butter-faqs#20

Although they do not label "gluten free" as such right on the jar, this brand of nut butters, including their peanut butters, has been a lifesaver for me, because I have reacted to the other "added" ingredients or cross contamination in so many other brands, even a few that did have a gluten-free label but were "produced in the same facility as.... "   :angry:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: