33 replies to this topic

#16 stef_the_kicking_cuty

stef_the_kicking_cuty

Stef and Luke

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 07:14 PM

wtf??? :o I can't keep from that darn ice cream with marsh mallows. There is a Turkey Hill scheme out there against all weight loosers :lol: No, honestly, I'm addicted. I had another scoop today. I'm going crazy :blink: It's like "Ooh :o, ice cream"..."no, not in the evening <_<"...10 minutes later..."ah, just one :ph34r: little scoop"..."no, better wait till tomorrow morning :blink:"...10 minutes later..."icecream, aaaargh :wacko:"

Weight: 112.2 lbs (amazingly enough :P )
Intervalls on the treadmill: 4.0 miles in 1 hour, in total: 10.5 miles in 2:57 hours
Cross-Training on the stepper: 4.1 miles in 35 minutes, in total: 15.1 miles in 2:20 hours

Stef

Next goals:
Results for 2011:
1x PA State Champ (I defended my title in pointfighting) and also again Grand Champion in pointfighting
August 20-27: Karate and Kickboxing World Championships in Germany (my homecountry)
gluten-free since 07/21/2004
Shermans Dale, PA

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 stef_the_kicking_cuty

stef_the_kicking_cuty

Stef and Luke

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 07:15 PM

But tomorrow morning I WILL have ice cream. And I WILL NOT gain weight. Use the force...haha! :lol:
Stef

Next goals:
Results for 2011:
1x PA State Champ (I defended my title in pointfighting) and also again Grand Champion in pointfighting
August 20-27: Karate and Kickboxing World Championships in Germany (my homecountry)
Shermans Dale, PA

#18 Guest_Viola_*

Guest_Viola_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2005 - 07:29 PM

I have some fresh strawberries to go with the ice cream, :D

#19 stef_the_kicking_cuty

stef_the_kicking_cuty

Stef and Luke

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 07:24 PM

Where is my post from the 19th :o ??? This is strange. It took me like forever to write it. Oh well, then I'm writing it today.

@ Viola: I ate strawberries on my next ice cream the other day and what can I say? You're a genius. It's great. I tried bananas today and that's even better. Wow... B)

June 19th:
Weight: 113.4 lbs
Stepper (Intervals): 2.9 miles in 25 minutes
1 hour tricking

June 20th:
Weight: 112.2 lbs
Treadmill (Intervals): 4 miles in 65 minutes

I will count the results at the end of the week. So I can save a lot of writing and space here.

I'm not doing anything anymore anyway until friday, because I have written motorbike test thursday evening. And I don't want to screw this up <_< , so I'm learning for this most of the time. The practical is sunday then. So this week I can't really focus. Even though I will train with my students tomorrow :ph34r: .
Stef

Next goals:
Results for 2011:
Shermans Dale, PA

#20 cdford

cdford

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 09:50 PM

Stef, we are so proud of you. Keep working hard. You can get wherever you want with your wonderful attitude and hard work.
Donna
South Georgia
9 yrs gluten-free
...also DH, fibromyalgia, neuropathy, osteopenia, hypothyroid...

After almost 10 years, I am doing soooo much better!

#21 stef_the_kicking_cuty

stef_the_kicking_cuty

Stef and Luke

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 09:10 PM

Thanks, donna!

I studied all day for my written motorcycle test. I passed. We had 50 questions and I had 5 wrong. Sunday is the practical...

My weight yesterday was 111 lbs. I didn't do anything at all today. And I didn't hop on the scales, cause I use the ones in the YMCA. They are more accurate than mine. And I didn't even drive there today. Tomorrow I will continue.
Stef

Next goals:
Results for 2011:
Shermans Dale, PA

#22 stef_the_kicking_cuty

stef_the_kicking_cuty

Stef and Luke

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 08:44 PM

Wow, 110 lbs today. And I didn't even do anything. This is awesome. Seems like my body is still burning on the stuff I did :huh: . I already had two hot fudge sundaes today :lol: .
Stef

Next goals:
Results for 2011:
Shermans Dale, PA

#23 Canadian Karen

Canadian Karen

That Crazy Canuck!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,554 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 08:31 PM

Hey Stef! You go girl!!! I am sooo proud of you!!!

Hugs,
Karen
Karen

positive bloodwork, positive biopsy
Celiac, collagenous colitis, hypothyroidism
endometriosis (at age 20)
spinal stenosis (early 20's)

Biopsy August 2006 confirmed complete villous atrophy despite being gluten-free for years and bloodwork within range showing compliance with diet. Doctor has confirmed diagnosis of Refractory Celiac Sprue.
Endoscopy also showed numerous stomach ulcers, have started taking Losec.

Mother to Eileen 13 yrs
Rhiannon 8 yrs
Daniel & Connor 6 yr twin boys......

"Joyfulness keeps the heart and face young. A good laugh makes us better friends with ourselves and everybody around us."
Orison Swett Marden

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.
-- Victor Borge

"An optimist laughs to forget. A pessimist forgets to laugh."
Tom Nansbury

"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac."
Unknown

#24 celiac3270

celiac3270

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 05:59 AM

We now have a Sports and Fitness section (oh, and a celiac meetup section, which kids aren't allowed into :angry: , just kidding) so I'm moving this one to make it the first topic in there. :D

#25 stef_the_kicking_cuty

stef_the_kicking_cuty

Stef and Luke

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 05:09 PM

Thanks celiac3270 :D , I actually came back from Florida a couple of hours ago and tomorrow I will go on training. The YMCA is closed today cause of 4th of July... :D
Stef

Next goals:
Results for 2011:
Shermans Dale, PA

#26 ianm

ianm

Metal God

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 05:41 PM

I have some fresh strawberries to go with the ice cream, :D

I have a massive bumper crop of black raspberries from my back yard to make things even better.
If all the world is indeed a stage and we are merely players then will someone give me the script because I have no f!@#$%^ clue as to what is going on!

What does not kill you makes you stronger.
Nobody cares about losers and quitters never win. If you fail with the cowards then what's the message you send?
Can't get it right, no matter what I do. Might as well be me and keep fu@$ing up for you. - Brian Thomas (Halloween, the greatest metal band ever!)

Ian Moore. Self diagnosed at 36 because the doctors were clueless.
Started low-carb diet early 2004, felt better but not totally gluten-free. Went 100% gluten-free early 2005 and life has never been better.

#27 stef_the_kicking_cuty

stef_the_kicking_cuty

Stef and Luke

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 10:34 AM

For some reason I always forgot to post on here or it didn’t take it, when I sent the message. Oh well, all that weight losing made me foggy probably.

Let’s continue with June 20th. I have to add the 15 minutes forms training I had that day, but forgot to post.

Then I had to learn for my motorcycle test and had to study for our team performance and make the costumes we were wearing during this performance. But the actual preparation starts July 1st anyway. July 1st and 2nd we were in Florida with the team at the US Open, the 3rd we were in DisneyWorld and the 4th we came back. I wanted to step on the scales and workout in the YMCA, but it was closed, because 4th of July. So we started back into it the 5th. By the way, I passed the motorcycle test and our performance was a great success.

So here goes the training:
Friday and Saturday, July 1st & 2nd:
US Open in Florida
Tuesday, July 5th:
Treadmill 4.4 miles in 65 minutes
Wednesday, July 6th:
Sparring 90 minutes
Thursday, July 7th:
Sparring 2 hours
Bike 3 miles in 14 minutes
Treadmill 4.6 miles in 65 minutes
Saturday, July 9th:
Sparring 2 hours and later the day 90 minutes
Monday, July 11th:
Sparring 90 minutes
Wednesday, July13th:
Treadmill 4 miles in 60 minutes
Thursday, July 14th:
Stairmaster 0.3 miles in 10 minutes
Ergometer 3.1 miles in 15 minutes
Stepper 3.7 miles in 33 minutes
Stepper 3.3 miles in 35 minutes
Kick-Marathon 658 Kicks in 1 hour
Friday, July 15th:
Bike 0.2 miles in 2 minutes (haha, addiction pushes one, even if it’s only for 2 minutes :P )
Stepper 2.7 miles in 30 minutes
Stepper 7.1 miles in 65 minutes
Kick-Marathon 620 Kicks in 1 hour
Saturday, July 16th:
Stepper 7.8 miles in 65 minutes
Sunday, July 17th:
Pennsylvania State Championships

I made this new kick marathon thing up myself. I looked for some new workout and we also were told by our national team trainer to do 1000 kicks every day with every kick and every leg (which actually isn’t possible, if you have a life). Just doing the kicks and counting with it got boring after a while. So I just started doing kicks to the beats of the music. The beats of each song only need to be counted once. I keep them in a folder, so I always can use the songs again that are already counted. Mostly I use the same songs anyway. So literally the songs count my kicks for me. And I can fully concentrate on doing my kicks good.

Now here's the total:
Total:
Treadmill 27.5 miles in 7:12 hours
Stepper 42.6 miles in 6:33 hours
Bike 6.3 miles in 31 minutes (this seems to be a little bit to much miles. Let me figure out, if it really counts in miles and not in kilometer...)
Technique and Combos 1 hour
Sparring 10 hours
Musical Forms 1:15 hour
Tricking 1 hour
Kick-Marathon 1278 in 2 hour
2 Tournaments

Stef

Next goals:
Results for 2011:
Shermans Dale, PA

#28 stef_the_kicking_cuty

stef_the_kicking_cuty

Stef and Luke

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 11:24 AM

Monday, July 18th:
Stepper 7.4 miles/65 minutes
Sparring 30 minutes
Techniques and Combos 1 hour
Musical Forms 15 minutes
Kick Marathon 160 Kicks/8 minutes
Tuesday, July 19th:
Techniques and Combos 1 hour
Treadmill 2.1 miles in 30 minutes
Rowing 1494 yrd/8 minutes
Wednesday, July 20th:
Cross Country runs 1 mile/10 minutes
Musical Forms 15 minutes
Stepper 7.7 miles/65 minutes
Rowing 1480 yrd/7 minutes
Friday, July 22nd:
Techniques and Combos 2 hours
Sparring 1 hours
Saturday, July 23rd:
Ju Jitsu 90 minutes
Sunday, July 24th:
Sparring 1 hour

Total:
Treadmill 29.6 miles in 7:42 hours
Stepper 57.7 miles in 8:43 hours
Bike 6.3 miles in 31 minutes
Rowing 2974 yrd/15 minutes
Cross country runs 1 mile/10 minutes
Technique and Combos 5 hours
Sparring 12:30 hours
Ju Jitsu 1:30 hours
Tricking 1 hour (I have to get up and move my little but in this category)
Musical Forms 1:45 hours (same thing here, otherwise it'll be no good)
Kick-Marathon 1438 in 2:08 hours
2 Tournaments (US Open, PA State Championships)
Stef

Next goals:
Results for 2011:
Shermans Dale, PA

#29 scotia

scotia

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 12:35 PM

Stef: Just read this post...Great stuff.
Good Luck with all your 'bouts' and remember...if you can kick celiac disease's ass, you can kick anyone's ass.
What you know about your sports training can help you throughout your life as a celiac disease'er.
I figure almost anything can be overcome, with the right attitude.
It's not always been easy mind you, and as you know, the biggest rewards are usually found through hard work, and perseverance.
Accomplishemtns, are measured in small steps.
I know you're going to be successful with the National team and whatever you choose to do in life.
Kick ass Girl!!!

Scotia

#30 stef_the_kicking_cuty

stef_the_kicking_cuty

Stef and Luke

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 07:05 PM

Thanks, Scotia!

Wow, haven't been here for over a month. I was soooo busy! And I had a lot of ups and downs and crazy turns yaddiya and yaddidi... I will tell you more the next couple of days. To make you a little bit curious, I had an injury. Two of my students dropped out of the NationalTeam (what a shame). There were some tournaments and so on. You will here from me soon :D
Stef

Next goals:
Results for 2011:
Shermans Dale, PA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: