3 replies to this topic

#1 Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 05:13 PM

I took the recipe from the following blog and turned it into a gluten free one. Made it tonight. It is excellent. I used a Betty Crocker gluten free yellow cake mix. Since it only makes one layer I decreased the butter to half a cup. I was out of pecans so I used almonds. Add extra spices if you like this type of dessert spicy. I did not sift since this was a gluten-free cake mix.

http://myblessedlife...runch-cake.html

Pumpkin Crunch Cake

1 can (15 oz) pumpkin
1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
3 large eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. salt
1 box yellow cake mix
1 c. pecans, chopped
1 c. butter, melted
Cool Whip
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. (I used my mixer for this step.) Pour into a greased 139 baking dish. Run cake mix through a sifter to get lumps out and sprinkle dry cake mix evenly over pumpkin mixture. Top with pecans. Drizzle melted butter over pecans. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until golden brown. Cool. Serve chilled (or warm). Top with a dollop of whipped topping
1960s-had symptoms-could have been before but don't remember
1970s-told had colitis or nervous stomach-was given phenobarbital, felt great but still had symptoms
Me, dd and ds diagnosed with Lactose Intolerance
2000-osteopenia
2001-had stroke because of medications I was given
June 2003-saw Chiropractor who specialized in nutrition: Celiac Disease not Lactose Intolerance, went gluten free with once in awhile cheating, off soy and dairy for about 6 months
June 2003-found excellent doctor for fibromyalgia (who has found out she has Celiac Disease)
May 2006-went gluten free with NO cheating-excellent! Made all the difference in the world

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Chrissyb

Chrissyb

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 06:27 PM

This sounds wonderful, but I have to do mine dairy free does anyone know what I can use as a sub. for the evaporated milk.
Chrissy

#3 Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 07:22 PM

Dairy free evaporated milk recipe:

http://www.godairyfr...-Recipes-I.html
1960s-had symptoms-could have been before but don't remember
1970s-told had colitis or nervous stomach-was given phenobarbital, felt great but still had symptoms
Me, dd and ds diagnosed with Lactose Intolerance
2000-osteopenia
2001-had stroke because of medications I was given
June 2003-saw Chiropractor who specialized in nutrition: Celiac Disease not Lactose Intolerance, went gluten free with once in awhile cheating, off soy and dairy for about 6 months
June 2003-found excellent doctor for fibromyalgia (who has found out she has Celiac Disease)
May 2006-went gluten free with NO cheating-excellent! Made all the difference in the world

#4 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 05:16 AM

This sounds wonderful, but I have to do mine dairy free does anyone know what I can use as a sub. for the evaporated milk.

When I was dairy free, I used vanilla rice milk--about a third less than what's called for.
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: