2 replies to this topic

#1 bkkurt

bkkurt

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 12:06 PM

I'm new here, but have been in the shadows reading posts for quite some time. In April I had a borderline Iga (high, but not high enough for celiac), but other celiac blood work was normal. While waiting for the endoscope, I spent a couple of fabulous weeks gluten free. Then had a gluten fest 2 weeks prior to the endo. The results came back negative; no damage to the villi. I'm so confused! Don't think my bloodwork was accurate because I was gluten free for a couple of days before it was done.

When I'm gluten free, I feel better, the bloating, burping, and constipation go away, but the doc wants to put me through some more tests. Now with hypothyroidism, I'm also looking at diabetes. I feel like a poser to say I'm celiac, but it all seems to point that way (at least in my twisted sense of reality). ;)

any advice?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 MySuicidalTurtle

MySuicidalTurtle

"Like a rolling stone?"

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 03:45 PM

If not eating gluten makes you feel better then stick with it! Do what makes you healthier.

#3 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

Be the change you wish to see in the world!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 03:51 PM

I ditto that....you could be sensitive to gluten and just not be celiac. I think that you should do what is best for your body. Your body can tell more then any test.
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Gluten-free since January 2004
Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: