2 replies to this topic

#1 imsohungry

imsohungry

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 07:03 AM

Ahhh, these brownies bring back memories of the good-ol'-days when I used to be gluten-free and tried to cook (been years ago). I'm such a mess in the kitchen!

I made a huge mess this time, and all I needed to do was add a 1/2 stick butter and two eggs. Actually, I recommend adding three eggs, when I had only added two, the batter was VERY dry. The third egg really helped, and the brownies were delicious!

Meanwhile, my kitchen looked like a disaster area. I won't go into all the details, but lets just say it involved my first pan being to big, using wax paper to line the pan, and trying to "transport" all the batter from one pan to another off the wax paper (and having the wax paper rip, mid-air). :blink:

Fact #1: I need to repurchase pans dedicated for gluten-free foods. ;)

-Julie
Loves of my life: God, my hubby, and my baby boy!

"I will never give up on my dreams; I will simply modify my path for reaching them." (JH-me).

"Life's a dance you learn as you go, sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow"
(John Michael Montgomery).

"I'm gonna be somebody, one of these days I'm gonna break these chains" (Travis Tritt).

"Life is better left to chance. I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss the dance."
(Garth Brooks).

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 larry mac

larry mac

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 12:49 PM

I don't hold myself up to be any kind of expert, but I suspect if your brownies were too dry, they were either baked too long, or the batter was lacking in moisture or oil.

Last time I made these mine were too wet. I should have baked longer. Next time I am also using three eggs. Not to make them moister, but to make them more cake like. I like cakey brownies.

best regards, lm

gluten-free 12-18-06

colonoscopy, upper GI
blood, urine, stool tests, prometheus panel
positive endoscopy/positive duodenal biopsies (severe villous atrophy, high intraepithelial lympocytes)
diagnosed celiac disease by Gastroenterologist Andrew R. Gottesman, 12-18-06

"Sobriety sucks. That's why they invented booze in the first place." Denis Leary - Rescue Me

Beware the chocolate of Chiapa

#3 mbrookes

mbrookes

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 01:19 PM

I made some yesterday and frosted them with milk chocolate frosting. I have to double up at the gym, but it's worth it!
Imsohungry, thanks for your story. Gave me a good laugh!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: