Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Betty Crocker gluten-free Brownies

3 posts in this topic

Ahhh, these brownies bring back memories of the good-ol'-days when I used to be gluten-free and tried to cook (been years ago). I'm such a mess in the kitchen!

I made a huge mess this time, and all I needed to do was add a 1/2 stick butter and two eggs. Actually, I recommend adding three eggs, when I had only added two, the batter was VERY dry. The third egg really helped, and the brownies were delicious!

Meanwhile, my kitchen looked like a disaster area. I won't go into all the details, but lets just say it involved my first pan being to big, using wax paper to line the pan, and trying to "transport" all the batter from one pan to another off the wax paper (and having the wax paper rip, mid-air). :blink:

Fact #1: I need to repurchase pans dedicated for gluten-free foods. ;)

-Julie

Ads by Google:

I don't hold myself up to be any kind of expert, but I suspect if your brownies were too dry, they were either baked too long, or the batter was lacking in moisture or oil.

Last time I made these mine were too wet. I should have baked longer. Next time I am also using three eggs. Not to make them moister, but to make them more cake like. I like cakey brownies.

best regards, lm

I made some yesterday and frosted them with milk chocolate frosting. I have to double up at the gym, but it's worth it!

Imsohungry, thanks for your story. Gave me a good laugh!