- - - - -

Me Too

• Please log in to reply

3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_AmandasMommy_*

Guest_AmandasMommy_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2005 - 12:25 PM

well i just found out mommy has it too. (is there a difference between sprue and disease?)

at least i got a heads up on what it all is and what to do and not to do. heres the question how could i have it? i am 37 an over weight!!! did i just get it or did i always have it? i have always had ibs and some simptoms. but i never looked like amanda did. like an ethiopian. and malnutritioned.

now i have to test the rest of us.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

Be the change you wish to see in the world!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 12:32 PM

Sprue and celiac disease are the same thing. Celiac can be called a # of things and that is one of the names.
You don't have to lose weight to have celiac. Just as many people gain weight with it and others are a normal weight. Some people get alot of symptoms and some don't get any at all.
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Gluten-free since January 2004
Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

#3 Guest_AmandasMommy_*

Guest_AmandasMommy_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2005 - 01:04 PM

i thought so. thanks. i always new there had to be a reason for all this. im glad doctors are finally looking for this in there testing. i got tired of " oh you just have ibs, itll go away if you change your diet. and my lactose intolerance. my problem is i like to eat, thats why im overweight i didn't care if i got a tummy ache when i ate my fav pizza.

well i guess i have to be a good celiac now that i know. i dont want my children to worry about mommy and the baby.

what gets me is when we visit and i have to grab a gluten full snack of amanda, cause someone didn't ask me first. :o

but at least im learning, i know now to pack a snack for me and her. :rolleyes:

#4 plantime

plantime

My two handsome grandsons

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 12:53 PM

I am 40, and overweight, and was diagnosed last year with celiac. I have since learned that only about half of the people with celiac have the scrawniness and diarhea, the rest are overweight. It just depends on how your body chooses to react to the haywire immune responses. Mine reacts by storing fat. My damage was minimal, so perhaps if it had gotten bad enough, I would have lost weight, but I have no intention of testing that theory! Someone had to give it to your daughter, it would be you or her father, so now you know!
Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: