Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Nature's Gate Tea Tree Shampoo

3 posts in this topic

Has anyone tried this product? Amazon and many supermarkets list this as Gluten Free, but when I called the company, the woman said she could not assure any product was gluten-free and that they use a Hops extract in this shampoo.

I'm looking for a good gluten-free, paraben free shampoo. I thought this was my ticket, but now I am unsure.

Thanks!

Ads by Google:

Hops are gluten-free. Giving an "assurance" would require actual testing of the product and its ingredients for possible contamination, which most companies do not do.

Has anyone tried this product? Amazon and many supermarkets list this as Gluten Free, but when I called the company, the woman said she could not assure any product was gluten-free and that they use a Hops extract in this shampoo.

I'm looking for a good gluten-free, paraben free shampoo. I thought this was my ticket, but now I am unsure.

Thanks!

I don't see anything in the ingredients that would be a concern. Even though they don't test for gluten that doesn't mean it isn't safe. I would try this myself and since it doesn't have soy ( a major allergen for me) I'll have to check it out. Does it smell nice?

"Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide DEA, Linoleamide DEA, Lame Advertisement Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Oil, Hydrastis Canadensis (Golden Seal) Extract, Melissa Officinalis (Balm Mint) Extract, Quillaja Saponaria (Soap Bark) Bark Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Nasturtium Officinale (Watercress) Extract, Panthenol, Butylene Glycol, PEG-5M, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Glyceryl Undecylenate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance."